Charlie Brooker Moz reference 7/12/10

:rolleyes: There's no debate.
picture.php

Terribly good at scratching ears. - Oooh yes yes right there that's so good don't stop woof - :horny: :eek:

Charlie is a god :lbf::lbf: one of his best articles in a while.

"If the final film doesn't culminate in a 28-minute shot of her lying spread-eagled on the marital bed tearfully rubbing the leathery, disintegrating corpse of a 200-year-old bat against her marital sector, the entire saga has been a cop-out and a lie."

(Still wish he would see sense and marry me and not that bloody Konnie Huq :mad:)

I agree with the previous post. I love Charlie Brooker I would advise anyone to watch his Screenwipe programs on youtube, funny but also incredibly angry, he makes some extremely valid points about our depressing modern media and culture. Also, he got me into watching the Wire, which is probably the best TV show I have ever seen.

I've sometimes wondered whether he is a fan of Morrissey, he used to have a bit of a quiff and he has similar cynical wit and also seems to revel in misery.

I've sometimes wondered whether he is a fan of Morrissey, he used to have a bit of a quiff and he has similar cynical wit and also seems to revel in misery.

I bet he's all over this site during lunch hour ! (which at the Guardian lasts from 10. 15 AM to 4.40 PM, I've heard) (and then it's teatime :thumb:)

I bet he's all over this site during lunch hour ! (which at the Guardian lasts from 10. 15 AM to 4.40 PM, I've heard) (and then it's teatime :thumb:)

I can not for the life of me understand why he is so well thought of.
He comes out with some vaugley amusing things here and there but it's all very light weight and to me he comes across like an over grown student.

The Guardian is an awful read of late, Stephen Fry adverting apple mac and Brooker the students fave and these are the better writers.

I can not for the life of me understand why he is so well thought of.
He comes out with some vaugley amusing things here and there but it's all very light weight and to me he comes across like an over grown student.

The Guardian is an awful read of late, Stephen Fry adverting apple mac and Brooker the students fave and these are the better writers.

Screenwipe and especially Newswipe contain some of the strongest bits of journalism I've ever seen. He constantly questions the status quo of the media industry; I see him as picking up where Chris Morris left off with Brass Eye & The Day Today.

Just because he does things in a light hearted and easy to digest manner, it doesn't mean he is "light weight". Far from it.

Sexless wimp?

I quite like his programmes but Konnie Huq can have him. I think he would be a right bitch to have a relationship with.

I quite like his programmes but Konnie Huq can have him. I think he would be a right bitch to have a relationship with.

Huh? Graham Norton is having it dear, as it were

Screenwipe and especially Newswipe contain some of the strongest bits of journalism I've ever seen. He constantly questions the status quo of the media industry; I see him as picking up where Chris Morris left off with Brass Eye & The Day Today.

Just because he does things in a light hearted and easy to digest manner, it doesn't mean he is "light weight". Far from it.

No he doesn't question the status quo he is he status quo of the media industry- he is on the telly with Jimmy Carr for goodness sake (two middle class boys for muddle class minds). There is not one thing he says of any worth at all, apart from in a very light satire kind of way.
It reminds me of the large claims people make about The Simpletons, it just shows how low culture has got.
I am fully aware of the power of the light touch and he is light weight, the fact that arsewipe and snoozeswipe are at the zenith of your journalistic reading speaks like atom bombs- Try reading Tom wolfe or Hunter S Thompson to name but two for ground breaking journalism
Chris Morris is another student fave. Anyone would think Peter cook had never existed.
Brass eye was amusing but people do get carried away.

Last edited:
No he doesn't question the status quo he is he status quo of the media industry- he is on the telly with Jimmy Carr for goodness sake (two middle class boys for muddle class minds). There is not one thing he says of any worth at all, apart from in a very light satire kind of way.
It reminds me of the large claims people make about The Simpletons, it just shows how low culture has got.
I am fully aware of the power of the light touch and he is light weight, the fact that arsewipe and snoozeswipe are at the zenith of your journalistic reading speaks like atom bombs
Chris Morris is another student fave. Anyone would think Peter cook had never existed.

Aaaah Peter Cook

I am fully aware of the power of the light touch and he is light weight, the fact that arsewipe and snoozeswipe are at the zenith of your journalistic reading speaks like atom bombs- Try reading Tom wolfe or Hunter S Thompson to name but two for ground breaking journalism

"The zenith of my journalistic reading", I'm sorry but who the f*** do you think you are? Do you know anything about me?? You are making assumptions about the depth of my study into journalism because I hail Brooker as being radical?

You, whoever you are, are a snob.

Peter Cook was middle class too.

Back
Top Bottom