Chris Gethard’s Morrissey fandom is put to the test in this song-naming challenge - The A.V. Club

Mike sends the link:

Chris Gethard’s Morrissey fandom is put to the test in this song-naming challenge - The A.V. Club

It’s no secret that Chris Gethard is a huge fan of The Smiths. After all, he’s got Smiths lyrics tattooed on his arm, as well as the signature of the band’s singer, Morrissey. It’s why, when he came to Chicago to perform at our comedy festival, we figured we’d put that knowledge to the test. Facing off against two Smiths/Morrissey fans, Gethard attempts to become the undisputed superfan that all others should bow to. Can he do it?

I'd have stomped that nerd in both games. Shame how quickly they ended Morrissey's solo stuff.

( I had this already typed up so thought id post as way of diversional therapy despite the just finding out about the tragic events in turkey this evening )

I had this wonderful lucid dream the other nite, - I was sitting on a green grass field and my 2 kids and a load of there friend came upto me and I said 2 them, rite play just 2 seconds of any morrissey u- tube song on your tablets, just 2 test me, and I will not only name the song but recite the lyrics and name the album/year which the track came from.

It was of course, all 2 easy, so I giggled and smiled with them as I said "this is ridiculous, play me just one second of each song instead" and I could still name the song, album ect !!!!

Strange thing is, is that I can actually do it in real life 2, the lot!!!! LOL :)

I sumtimes have dreams about going 2 see morrissey live in concert again 2, I guess I miss it so much that my subconscious dream state wont let me forget it! and so is making me believe that Ive been and seen him again! and kristeen is ALLWAYS there 2 open up the concert first ! :)

My dreams wud be utterly pointless in helping me cope , if she was,nt ! :)

In one dream kristeen came up 2 me in the audience and whispered in my ear " tell me what it is you have to tell me" and she smiled warmly at me only to dissapear into the crowd!!

In another dream im trying desperately 2 hug morrissey and give him one of my business cards with my website on it, I needed 2 show him something!

To this day Im still not sure what any of this means!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom