Christian Fitness wrote an anthem for everyone sick of Morrissey's shit - avclub.com

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Christian Fitness wrote an anthem for everyone sick of Morrissey's shit.

By Sean O’Neal

20180503_124702.jpg

Brief article - so in full:

"Being a Morrissey fan has been difficult longer than it’s been fun at this point. It’s a relationship that only grows more complicated with every half-great new record and all-shitty new interview, and it’s one Andrew “Falco” Falkous captures as he goes “Full Morrissey” on the recent Nuance – The Musical. Working under his prolific Christian Fitness moniker, the former Mclusky/Future Of The Left agitator addresses the State of Moz 2018 with typically sneering wit (“I smell a half-finished record in need of edge, in need of outrage / Oh Steven, you are so very, very naughty”). But at the same time, he weaves in mockingly florid, Morrissey-esque turns of phrase that could only be written by someone with at least a little appreciation of the man’s output: “Every year around Christmas, since once I was anything / I have gone to a secret location there to confound sentence structure / And think about death.” All this unfolds over a hypnotically plodding beat and slashing guitars that are tense and needling for a bit, before the big, brassily symphonic swells of the chorus—nastiness giving way to a moment of beauty, like reading Morrissey talk about how Hitler was left-wing, then listening to “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want.”

Song referred to:

https://music.avclub.com/christian-fitness-wrote-an-anthem-for-everyone-sick-of-1825718075

Not familiar with this person.
The music is not to my taste.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Mcklusky was a decent band. I tend to wonder when I hear these type songs of, why not write about people who actually do terrible things instead of those who just run there mouth

Christian Fitness wrote an anthem for everyone sick of Morrissey's shit.

By Sean O’Neal

View attachment 44546

Brief article - so in full:

"Being a Morrissey fan has been difficult longer than it’s been fun at this point. It’s a relationship that only grows more complicated with every half-great new record and all-shitty new interview, and it’s one Andrew “Falco” Falkous captures as he goes “Full Morrissey” on the recent Nuance – The Musical. Working under his prolific Christian Fitness moniker, the former Mclusky/Future Of The Left agitator addresses the State of Moz 2018 with typically sneering wit (“I smell a half-finished record in need of edge, in need of outrage / Oh Steven, you are so very, very naughty”). But at the same time, he weaves in mockingly florid, Morrissey-esque turns of phrase that could only be written by someone with at least a little appreciation of the man’s output: “Every year around Christmas, since once I was anything / I have gone to a secret location there to confound sentence structure / And think about death.” All this unfolds over a hypnotically plodding beat and slashing guitars that are tense and needling for a bit, before the big, brassily symphonic swells of the chorus—nastiness giving way to a moment of beauty, like reading Morrissey talk about how Hitler was left-wing, then listening to “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want.”

Song referred to:

https://music.avclub.com/christian-fitness-wrote-an-anthem-for-everyone-sick-of-1825718075

Not familiar with this person.
The music is not to my taste.
Regards,
FWD.

D05611F9-A066-40C6-9C00-89D52B34AF15-279-0000001113413145.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom