Classical composers – and the pop stars who channel their moves - The Guardian

An anonymous person writes:

Chopin = Morrissey

Classical composers – and the pop stars who channel their moves - The Guardian

Excerpt:

The suffering genius: Chopin = Morrissey

And here we have the sensitive Romantic victim, whose misery is front and centre in their mythology. Chopin embodied a kind of sickly, androgynous glamour that presaged Oscar Wilde and his pop-descendant Morrissey. Morrissey’s sexual alienation is a kind of sacrificial, neurotic handicap, and for better or worse we find emotional cripples irresistible. It all began with Beethoven, whose deafness enhanced his image as the Van Gogh of music, possessing a tragic flaw that allows him to be transcendent. Sensitivity sells, and we could even argue that Drake, in his sad rapper-ly way, suffers with the worst of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nocturnes I believe. I think he clearly has a love of piano music - or he has a preference for piano over other classical instrumentation.

Nocturnes I believe. I think he clearly has a love of piano music - or he has a preference for piano over other classical instrumentation.

I always thought that. I would even say that he has clearly a fixation with two particular instruments and these are the drums and the piano. During the last US-Tour while Moz was singing Asleep I noticed for the first time that he is really moved by piano parts and actually plays the piano with his fingers during the song. This led me to believe that Mikey Farrell, and now Gustavo may have teached him some piano playing because my uncle plays the piano and moves his hands constantly when others play, it's a reflex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpBJwCtGNNI

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom