Compelling Couplets

I don’t agree there but I became a fan later and find I’m not looking for some of the things older fans are looking for
Makes sense!

I often wonder what makes Morrissey's lyrics excellent and strong...

I think it's the simplicity in his choice of words and also the many layers embedded within. He seems very aware of the many ways in which his lyrics can be interpreted... he knows what he is doing.

For example —
Why can't you bring figs all pulpy and moist?
Roasted in passion and salty in voice?
No longer keeping a secret of your secret place

Thoughts?

I think it's the simplicity in his choice of words and also the many layers embedded within. He seems very aware of the many ways in which his lyrics can be interpreted... he knows what he is doing.

For example —

Thoughts?

That & he mostly writes in the active voice - he puts you in the situation, seeing those things, feeling those feelings. It's one of the most technically difficult things to do in writing & he makes it look easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
That & he mostly writes in the active voice - he puts you in the situation, seeing those things, feeling those feelings. It's one of the most technically difficult things to do in in writing & he makes it look easy.

this. Also his word choice is excellent without looking like he’s trying hard extra hard

That & he mostly writes in the active voice - he puts you in the situation, seeing those things, feeling those feelings. It's one of the most technically difficult things to do in writing & he makes it look easy.
ah, active voice. I never thought about that. you're right.

No big fat locker room hockey jock laughing, I'm not a man
I'd never kill or eat an animal, and I never would destroy this planet that I live on...

They'd sacrifice all of their principles for anything cashable
I do believe it's terrible

I was a good kid, through hail and snow I'd go
Just to moon you

For example —

Thoughts?

I think you've possibly chosen the worst Morrissey lyrics of recent times...

This thread is Solo at its best. Free from trolls, inexplicable negativity, hate, insults and incessant bickering. Keep it up!

Dogface in a duplex

boisterous in cloisters

they look at television thinking it’s there window to the world

that’s got to hurt

For example —

Thoughts?
Great erotic sequence that in a gorgeous song!

Dogface in a duplex

boisterous in cloisters

they look at television thinking it’s there window to the world

that’s got to hurt

Indeed. How come he can still lyrically surprise us after 6 centuries? IANADOAC is a thrilling delight musically and lyrically, moreso as it comes from an artist supposedly creatively dried-up, past it, reviled, despised by anyone except those with a few brain cells...

Indeed. How come he can still lyrically surprise us after 6 centuries? IANADOAC is a thrilling delight musically and lyrically, moreso as it comes from an artist supposedly creatively dried-up, past it, reviled, despised by anyone except those with a few brain cells...
Ahem..."6 centuries"??? :calendar:

Back
Top Bottom