Morrissey Central COMPULSIVE FOOTNOTES (Sep. 8, 2020)

full

Rosalie Crutchley (above) who played the part of the startling Mrs. Dudley in the magnificent 1963 version of ‘The Haunting’ (MGM), also played the part of the housekeeper in the 1980s version of ‘The Norwood Builder’, a television Sherlock Holmes drama shot entirely at Beechmount, starring Jeremy Brett

Julie Harris, who appeared in the East Of Eden clip posted on Central September 5, also starred in The Haunting, so maybe he's starting the spooky season early this year...?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between Irish Cadbury's and English Cadbury's? Is it like Guinness, where you have some sort of secret recipe for making it taste like an entirely different (and 100% nicer) product?
There’s ZERO difference. They both used to have a higher level of raw cacao and fewer, if no modified-milk solids.

Those days are LONG gone, for both.

UK chocolate is GARBAGE.

I like this discussion of quality chocolate. It’s perfectly succinct with Morrissey’s output. ...which has long-past swirled the bowl - save for the two or three chunks that popped back up, due to the cheese and vegan diet.

WTF are you on about, Soviet boy? You can’t afford proper chocolate. You’ve never even tried proper chocolate. Internet commentary is cheap, when your mom pays for it.

What are you eating tonight? Leftover burek and borscht, from the neighbours - who take pity on your mother because she has to support your broke-ass.

Croats and Serbs are just Yugoslavians with a grudge and nowhere to deal with it.

Oh I love The Haunting. That movie was so well made. I wonder, if Jimmy had lived, would he have been in Psycho as Norman Bates.

I’ve never seen the show that was filmed in Morrissey’s home but I do remember reading an interview in which he mentioned it.

full

Rosalie Crutchley (above) who played the part of the startling Mrs. Dudley in the magnificent 1963 version of ‘The Haunting’ (MGM), also played the part of the housekeeper in the 1980s version of ‘The Norwood Builder’, a television Sherlock Holmes drama shot entirely at Beechmount, starring Jeremy Brett

Julie Harris, who appeared in the East Of Eden clip posted on Central September 5, also starred in The Haunting, so maybe he's starting the spooky season early this year...?
Escapist Victorian detective stories can no longer excite me much these days, (Sorry, dear valued British people), but the sentence structure of the above-quoted Central message instantaneously sends me into rapture.
Plus, too many spoilers in this thread already...

Escapist Victorian detective stories can no longer excite me much these days, (Sorry, dear valued British people), but the sentence structure of the above-quoted Central message instantaneously sends me into rapture.
Plus, too many spoilers in this thread already...
If by "spoilers" you mean Morrissey's plot summary from the interview I posted, I can assure you that you will still enjoy the actual episode because he got several things mixed up and the twist at the end is not quite what he described. It's worth watching for Brett's performance alone.

If by "spoilers" you mean Morrissey's plot summary from the interview I posted, I can assure you that you will still enjoy the actual episode because he got several things mixed up and the twist at the end is not quite what he described. It's worth watching for Brett's performance alone.
Nono, I didnt mean that in particular, actually I can't really remember who said what about the plot, but I already know that there is a fire at Beechmount, the arsonist a homeless guy who lived in the attic and who was burned to death leaving behind a corpse. I have always admired Sherlock Holmes' applying his fearless and arrogant intelligence, but I need at least the promise of some suspense to invest my time in watching a longer TV show from the 1980s. As I said, the prospect of abundant Victorian costuming cant really lure me away from my armchair any longer.

Nono, I didnt mean that in particular, actually I can't really remember who said what about the plot, but I already know that there is a fire at Beechmount, the arsonist a homeless guy who lived in the attic and who was burned to death leaving behind a corpse. I have always admired Sherlock Holmes' applying his fearless and arrogant intelligence, but I need at least the promise of some suspense to invest my time in watching a longer TV show from the 1980s. As I said, the prospect of abundant Victorian costuming cant really lure me away from my armchair any longer.
That's what I meant. That's Morrissey's summary and that's not what's going on in that story 😅

What's the difference between Irish Cadbury's and English Cadbury's? Is it like Guinness, where you have some sort of secret recipe for making it taste like an entirely different (and 100% nicer) product?
canadian cadburys is different too. they have british sections in grocery stores here and they all have the english cadbury shit and it all sucks. canadian cadburys is better than the british stuff, but none of it is great.

Like Morrissey, he pissed all over the people who tried to help him. He surrounded himself with sycophants and rotten fruit mongers.

He also had to re-release cheap versions of his “period stuff”, after losing the plot.

...But did he have a very silly nephew that people felt like slapping around a bit?
Well there you go then. For all his faults, I still like him.

I also like Oscar Wilde's advice about confectionery:
"Avoid average fudge-packers, pick only the very best chocolate makers."

I bet Morrissey's mum liked that quote too. A bit of class, y'know.

That's what I meant. That's Morrissey's summary and that's not what's going on in that story 😅
Could well be that his summary stuck to my mind and all the others were drained away sooner than later, but no, sorry, and let me say this in a gentle way, I will not watch it. :)

the prospect of abundant Victorian costuming cant really lure me away from my armchair any longer.
See, posts like these make me realize people are very different.
For me the plot is secondary. I'd happily watch all those episodes again just to glimpse a bit of dried scone in a corner. :)

Love this stuff. Love Morrissey, the walking, talking obscure pop cultural encyclopedia. And how bizarre that they shot that episode in his very house. Presumably before he bought it?

Ive always wanted him to do a film commentary book. Compulsive footnotes would be a funny title

Nooooo! It's all sugar and goo and not enough chocolateyness. These days I only eat 85% cocoa because of health (M&S scores pretty high there. Also Lindt). But if I was forced, kicking and screaming, to choose a milky, sugary one it would probably be Galaxy. Or those little chocolate balls Lindt make :yum:

View attachment 58898

Now we're talking about proper chocolate!! If my tummy would let me, I would eat an entire box of them :disappointed:

Ive always wanted him to do a film commentary book. Compulsive footnotes would be a funny title
I wholeheartedly agree!

canadian cadburys is different too. they have british sections in grocery stores here and they all have the english cadbury shit and it all sucks. canadian cadburys is better than the british stuff, but none of it is great.
Wow. Who are these foreign Cadbury's, making nicer stuff than our own home-grown choccie? How dare they!

I have never liked Cadbury's chocolate. They use cheap vegetable oil in order to reduce the amount of cocoa butter they use - this is the best part of the chocolate with all the essentials oils and anti-oxidants. Best to go for a chocolate made with pure cocoa butter and no vegetable oil and flavourings!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom