Confirmed 2014 tour dates; seeking label to issue "World Peace..." - TTY

I've never been to the O2, but....... when Morrissey played Wembley Arena in 2006 it was a pretty good show despite the size of the venue. So don't think big venue equals rubbish show..... thought sometimes it does't help!

Explain that to those at the back of the Manchester Arena 2 years ago who were squinting at a singer who was either too mean or too thick to organise side screens for those beyond the delusional cult List in the first 50 rows. It's another scam designed to show to The Record Labels "look! I know I was a bit of a problem recently with Harvest, but it was all their fault, now.....gimme the money...!"

It's make or break time for The Morrissey Live Consumer Experience. Unless he's magicking up a show that's commensurate with the new music and is fit for purpose for the 02, this will be another epicFAIL. We all know he thinks his appearing on stage is a 'blessing' bestowed on his 'fans' but those of us in the Audience are more discriminating & it's absurd that a weekend in Poland is better value than a show in London.

He's not Elvis. He's not part of The Beatles. It's not Shea Stadium. Only in the first 50 rows of the 02 will there be any kind of 'atmosphere'. The rest of the venue will be full of International Tourist Trash,Trustafarians from Notting Hill & Corporate Finance Expense Account drones from the Meeja & The City of London.... if Morrissey is still a Hot Ticket beyond the Cult.

It's a crap venue, a crap location and it takes an awesome performer to raise it from the abyss. Taylor Swift & Prince managed it when I saw them there. Leonard Cohen I enjoyed too, but only because I was in the first block. When I walked up to the back of the upstairs during intermission and saw how poor the sight-lines were and how you risked vertigo to watch a show, I realised that most Corporate Rock Whores like Cohen & Morrissey dont' give a fcuk about anyone who isn't part of their batty cult. Hence playing Enormodomes rather than a venue where everyone can see the show without binoculars. Like Kate Bush who is right now finishing her make-up before the second show of her London residency. She could have coined it in 4 nights at the 02 rather than play 22 shows at Hammersmith, but she loves her Audience, doesn't tolerate delusional 'fans' and has stopped the touts dead in their tracks. She's easily the most important Punk/Post Punk Artist. Just ask John Lydon.

Morrissey? LOLOLOLOL! The boy who got lucky. Absurdly talented yes, but seriously dodgy attitude to his Audience. He's back to his old tricks. Didn't last long, did it, his Anti-Global Capitalist stance. It appears it was just all a pose & WPINOYB is just a marketing scam. Oh, well! Great music. Who gives a f*** about his politics or personal/business problems? Not me!

Best wishes
"BrummieBoy"
[looking critically at my Signature & the cover of WPINYB and revising my position.....though not yet in Fatwa Denunciation Mode...]

Liz Buckley in the 'i' Newspaper

5prsN6m.jpg

P.

Explain that to those at the back of the Manchester Arena 2 years ago who were squinting at a singer who was either too mean or too thick to organise side screens for those beyond the delusional cult List in the first 50 rows. It's another scam designed to show to The Record Labels "look! I know I was a bit of a problem recently with Harvest, but it was all their fault, now.....gimme the money...!"

It's make or break time for The Morrissey Live Consumer Experience. Unless he's magicking up a show that's commensurate with the new music and is fit for purpose for the 02, this will be another epicFAIL. We all know he thinks his appearing on stage is a 'blessing' bestowed on his 'fans' but those of us in the Audience are more discriminating & it's absurd that a weekend in Poland is better value than a show in London.

He's not Elvis. He's not part of The Beatles. It's not Shea Stadium. Only in the first 50 rows of the 02 will there be any kind of 'atmosphere'. The rest of the venue will be full of International Tourist Trash,Trustafarians from Notting Hill & Corporate Finance Expense Account drones from the Meeja & The City of London.... if Morrissey is still a Hot Ticket beyond the Cult.

It's a crap venue, a crap location and it takes an awesome performer to raise it from the abyss. Taylor Swift & Prince managed it when I saw them there. Leonard Cohen I enjoyed too, but only because I was in the first block. When I walked up to the back of the upstairs during intermission and saw how poor the sight-lines were and how you risked vertigo to watch a show, I realised that most Corporate Rock Whores like Cohen & Morrissey dont' give a fcuk about anyone who isn't part of their batty cult. Hence playing Enormodomes rather than a venue where everyone can see the show without binoculars. Like Kate Bush who is right now finishing her make-up before the second show of her London residency. She could have coined it in 4 nights at the 02 rather than play 22 shows at Hammersmith, but she loves her Audience, doesn't tolerate delusional 'fans' and has stopped the touts dead in their tracks. She's easily the most important Punk/Post Punk Artist. Just ask John Lydon.

Morrissey? LOLOLOLOL! The boy who got lucky. Absurdly talented yes, but seriously dodgy attitude to his Audience. He's back to his old tricks. Didn't last long, did it, his Anti-Global Capitalist stance. It appears it was just all a pose & WPINOYB is just a marketing scam. Oh, well! Great music. Who gives a f*** about his politics or personal/business problems? Not me!

Best wishes
"BrummieBoy"
[looking critically at my Signature & the cover of WPINYB and revising my position.....though not yet in Fatwa Denunciation Mode...]

BB once again full of shit and using 100 words where ten would suffice. And as delusional as he often accuses others of being. Singers and bands have always played large venues, Morrissey no exception. I have always enjoyed seeing him in huge venues (I was there at MEN Arena 2 years ago and did not have the experience BB describes, nor do I begrudge anyone who wants to queue from 8am and keep their place in the queue, each to their own). I enjoy the fact that I can see him at MEN Arena or at Leeds Academy or the Troxy Ballroom. I would take up your issues re venue selection with his new tour bookers. What do you want - five gigs a week in small venues and the tour abandoned due to illness? Or fewer gigs in larger venues that actually go ahead? Like the usual suspects, you'll never be happy with anything he does. We know that. We get it. We're bored with it.

And you're making wild assumptions about Kate Bush too (assumptions that I know to be incorrect as I know someone very senior on her production team) - whatever you might think or the Press may assume, the Apollo was selected purely for the size of its stage. I was told that all of the planned theatricality would have been lost on the vast o2 stage or simply not practicable in that venue. That was the reason, BB, and I know it for a fact. Do you think only "rock whores" play large venues and everyone else is an "artist" who gives it away for free? Why do you think KB is playing so many dates?

And who cares what Butter Salesman John Lydon thinks about anyone or anything, of what relevance is that? Only the most tragic fashion victims require a third party endorsement before making their choices and buying their tickets.

Regulars here know you to be another "it's make or break time" merchant, another of the naysayers who have been confidently predicting the decline of Morrissey's fanbase and the end of his career for years - predictions which have have always failed to come true, unsurprisingly. This year will be no different. Plus ca change...

Which date are you going to see Culture Club? I'm going the second night. The first night my second row slipped out from under my app only to reappear the second night!
And yes, Culture Club was about $140+ fees if I'm not mistaken. The only place that Morrissey tickets are cheaper are in Texas & a few other places. I've even paid $150 in Florida.

$150 is in line with the cost of similarly-sized venues in New York, though (Barclays/MSG). And smaller, even—I just paid that much for Culture Club (don't judge, haha) at the Beacon Theater, which is 1/10 the size of the O2.

Liz Buckley in the 'i' Newspaper

5prsN6m.jpg

P.

forgive my ignorance, if he cancels the tour as per usual surely one is refunded regardless of insurance? I dont mind going to Berlin for the weekend if he f***s off but I wouldn't mind the money back if he doesn't fancy it...

forgive my ignorance, if he cancels the tour as per usual surely one is refunded regardless of insurance? I dont mind going to Berlin for the weekend if he f***s off but I wouldn't mind the money back if he doesn't fancy it...

I agree, twice I had a concert canceled and never had a problem getting money back (minus service fees, but that is another story)

It does seem more than unreasonable that Morrissey is being slated for playing the London Enormodome. When the cancellations happenned there were two common cries:

1. He needs to go out and get a credible promoter to run a tour properly.
2. Play larger venues with more spaces in the schedule, find ways of de-risking.

He's now done both and yet the moaning minnies are now complaining about ticket prices and the soulless venues... Perhaps we should focus our ire on the leeches that bought O2 presale tickets and have now flooded seatwave, viagogo and so on with upper tier tickets at over 100% margin. A cupcake goes to the first imbecile that finds a way to lay the blame on Morrissey for that as well.

there was no way I was going to pay 80 quid to see Morrissey at the o2. However I am happy to pay 200 quid to take a weekend in at one of Europe's most brilliant cities and see him (hopefully) there instead!

Which date are you going to see Culture Club? I'm going the second night. The first night my second row slipped out from under my app only to reappear the second night!
And yes, Culture Club was about $140+ fees if I'm not mistaken. The only place that Morrissey tickets are cheaper are in Texas & a few other places. I've even paid $150 in Florida.

Second night! I had some ridiculous Ticketmaster log-in problems buying for the first show, so I was relieved when they added the second. I think I'm 5th row. I cannot believe how quickly those shows sold out!!

BB once again full of shit and using 100 words where ten would suffice. And as delusional as he often accuses others of being. Singers and bands have always played large venues, Morrissey no exception. I have always enjoyed seeing him in huge venues (I was there at MEN Arena 2 years ago and did not have the experience BB describes, nor do I begrudge anyone who wants to queue from 8am and keep their place in the queue, each to their own). I enjoy the fact that I can see him at MEN Arena or at Leeds Academy or the Troxy Ballroom. I would take up your issues re venue selection with his new tour bookers. What do you want - five gigs a week in small venues and the tour abandoned due to illness? Or fewer gigs in larger venues that actually go ahead? Like the usual suspects, you'll never be happy with anything he does. We know that. We get it. We're bored with it.

And you're making wild assumptions about Kate Bush too (assumptions that I know to be incorrect as I know someone very senior on her production team) - whatever you might think or the Press may assume, the Apollo was selected purely for the size of its stage. I was told that all of the planned theatricality would have been lost on the vast o2 stage or simply not practicable in that venue. That was the reason, BB, and I know it for a fact. Do you think only "rock whores" play large venues and everyone else is an "artist" who gives it away for free? Why do you think KB is playing so many dates?

And who cares what Butter Salesman John Lydon thinks about anyone or anything, of what relevance is that? Only the most tragic fashion victims require a third party endorsement before making their choices and buying their tickets.

Regulars here know you to be another "it's make or break time" merchant, another of the naysayers who have been confidently predicting the decline of Morrissey's fanbase and the end of his career for years - predictions which have have always failed to come true, unsurprisingly. This year will be no different. Plus ca change...

U mad bro?

best
BB

there was no way I was going to pay 80 quid to see Morrissey at the o2. However I am happy to pay 200 quid to take a weekend in at one of Europe's most brilliant cities and see him (hopefully) there instead!

Well said.

I've just been in Berlin for some days at the beginning of August. It's been my 20 something stay there. Very interesting and always changing city.

Did anyone get a row 1 for Milan or did they just sell from row 2?

Istanbul date still not confirmed? Oh, Istanbul give me back my charming man! Moz, we're crying over here, please.

This.

Krakow it is!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom