CONFIRMED - TTY: Morrissey to play Roxy Festival in Guadalajara, Mexico (Apr. 1, 2017)

39601_39596_festival-roxy-2017.jpg

Also on true-to-you.net:

Morrissey in Guadalajara - true-to-you.net
1 February 2017

Morrissey will headline the Roxy Festival in Guadalajara (Mexico) on April 1st.

39600_unnamed_04.jpg

This is not America photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner.

Posted by an anonymous person (original post):

Check out @UrBeat_com's Tweet:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
My ultimate line up to share a festival with a limitied audience of 100 people (me, my friends, and enemies):
Morrissey, Suede, The Cure (1989 Prayer tour line up), New Order (new line up), The Jam (reformed for one day only), The Smiths (reformed for one day only), The The, Siouxsie, James, The Divine Comedy, Bowie, Electronic, Gene. All playing on one day that goes on forever. Dry ice when The Cure come on stage. Encore: Depeche Mode, Anna Calvi

I reckon me still don't believe this until lil' Sammy makes a statement to the press in in it. Can I drive to this place from Malibu? How far is it? Is it close to San Diego?
Nope. It is not close. Ideal you drive to Guadalajara all the way from Malibu, it would take you like a whole day.

Snowflakes tour 2017 melting in the heat of Mexico. Good luck with that one geriatrics.

My ultimate line up to share a festival with a limitied audience of 100 people (me, my friends, and enemies):
Morrissey, Suede, The Cure (1989 Prayer tour line up), New Order (new line up), The Jam (reformed for one day only), The Smiths (reformed for one day only), The The, Siouxsie, James, The Divine Comedy, Bowie, Electronic, Gene. All playing on one day that goes on forever. Dry ice when The Cure come on stage. Encore: Depeche Mode, Anna Calvi

It seems a band has to confirm yet.

There will be a tribute to David Bowie and bands were invited to play a cover.

http://www.excelsior.com.mx/funcion/2017/01/31/1143437

Wow!!! I love it! I'd take a break through DM as I don't like them much but I think I'd need one after that line up!

that would be amazing! but....you are banning hooky from the show? not sure how you could not want him to play...

that would be amazing! but....you are banning hooky from the show? not sure how you could not want him to play...
Hmm you could have a point. Hooky is great but I'm liking the newer line-up too and think the Music Complete album is one of their best. I used to hate it when Hooky insisted on singing some of the songs while Bernard sang. Hooky can't sing but he's an ace bass player. So he could join them too in my fantasy concert.

...and if they are Northern that makes it even worse.
In 1992, before information was very easily accessible at the drop of a beat, I thought he said 'and if THEY KNOW', that makes it even worse'. I thought that for years. I thought, what a lame lyric.

I have since learned that he says 'Northern', but I am still clueless as to if this is in regard to Northern England, or Northern London. I know it's off topic, but if someone would like to enlighten the unenlightened.

Be well...

In 1992, before information was very easily accessible at the drop of a beat, I thought he said 'and if THEY KNOW', that makes it even worse'. I thought that for years. I thought, what a lame lyric.

I have since learned that he says 'Northern', but I am still clueless as to if this is in regard to Northern England, or Northern London. I know it's off topic, but if someone would like to enlighten the unenlightened.

Be well...

UK ... in London you jump in the metro and you're go as north as the metro line goes, even in 1984 [my first visiting London, sadly not looking at that time if the Smiths were on tour, never saw them live, which I feel still jealous of the ones who did...]

north of England.manchester,liverpool,newcastle and all of Scotland are considered up north.london is the south.

Be well...

I think Moz was very honest and his observation is true and it doesn't at all necessarily points to others but also to himself as he comes from the North. As I understand it life in the North was so much tougher, the competition so much heavier.

In a way it isn't about the North but about all people everywhere.
People are the same everywhere to some extent and this is just an aspect of it. But he is from the North and that's why it hurts more.

Mind you, I like people of the North and feel sympathy for them in general more than for people of the South.
They seem more honest and direct and have that unexplainable charm despite the many bullies also around.
Just my two cents
Cheers!

UK ... in London you jump in the metro and you're go as north as the metro line goes, even in 1984 [my first visiting London, sadly not looking at that time if the Smiths were on tour, never saw them live, which I feel still jealous of the ones who did...]
The northern-ness of The Smiths was great, but I do think that Moz overplays it sometimes now, comnsidering he hasn't lived there for aeons. He was very rude to Jools Holland when he said to Jools: 'But you're not northern, you could never understand'. I thought it was uncalled for especially when Jools is the host and calls the shots about who gets invited on his show. Little digs like that have cost Moz a lot.
By the way I'm in the middle of Marr's autobiography and am finding it very direct and honest and engaging. I'm learning stuff from it, more than I did from Moz's to be honest. I loved Morrissey's Autobiography but Marr's is more structured and logical and informative and human.

Marr's book is much more open and to read, while Morrissey likes to
look like a real novelist, well he sorta is, but short stories...IMHO

but I can image how all the mines were closed is the North, Thatcher leading the UK tough, the IRA, it wer hard times in the 80's in the North were a lot of people with Irish roots live...Punk, new-wave, and the Smiths finally really spoken to a whole generation.

Great post Action

CONFIRMED - TTB :greatbritain::knife:: Billy Bragg to appear on BBC Question time.

Singer/songwriter/performer Billy Bragg is confirmed to appear on the BBC political debate show Question Time next week, 9/2/17
Chairman of the debate show, David Dimbleby said " It's always a pleasure to have such principled people like Billy on the panel. Billy is so constructive in the debating process.
It's a pity other performers can't take a leaf out of his book, one that springs to mind is Maurice E ! Plenty to say but just can't back it up enough to appear on the show, always has an excuse to duck out at the last minute ! Bottles it every time ! "

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Tags
guadalajara mexico morrissey tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom