Coronation Street and The Smiths

Bluebirds

We all know about the Salford lads Club.

Some of us may know about Kevin "don't touch a drop" Kennedy aka Curly Watts being in the Paris Valentinos I think (Marr and Rourke's band pre-Smiths)

And now we have the actor who plays Ryan Connor singing in an acoustic tribute to the Smiths, known as the Rushomle Ruffians.

http://www.theothersmiths.co.uk/Site/Index.htm (go to rusholme Ruffians!)

Someone forward this on as news??? well its slightly less tenuous than Fred Durst/ Fall Out Boy wears a Smiths t-shirt.

Wasn't someone here saying recently that the actor who plays Ryan Connor looks the spitting image of a young Morrissey? I can't really see it much myself, but perhaps, with this new knowledge, it was intentional? ;)

Went to see the Other Smiths earlier this year and these two lads were supporting. Must say they were great, just the songs broken right down to the basics with just simple guitar and singing. I must say the he did look like a young Morrissey, although I had comsumed a fair amount of lager. They did all the old favourites, but I particularly remember Still Ill being excellent. Very impressed I was.

Anyone have the recording of them singing Rusholme Ruffians?

Back
Top Bottom