"Cosmic Dancer" b/w "That's Entertainment" vinyl 7" released today (February 19, 2021)

73E2BCA0-9201-4EE6-BED2-10A7EE68EA21-min.png

First mentioned last August and 3 months after the digital release of Cosmic Dancer, today sees the official release date of the double A-side black vinyl.
This release appears to be very widely available with HMV, Mporium, most Amazons & Indies having good stocks.
Amazon & HMV briefly listed the release date as January 29, both revising it shortly thereafter.
It will more than likely chart quite high on the vinyl singles chart based on previous releases.

There is no matrix message on either side of the record.

F3295296-12F1-4065-A4ED-84477B0B0410.jpg
5DDA0BD0-3A92-42AC-81FB-BE2F21C9584A.jpg

(above pics via @AngelosBarry)

Cosmic Dancer is mis-dated as February 6, 1991 (the Kill Uncle Tour didn't start until the end of April, '91).
The actual date of the gig was June 2, 1991 at The Great Western Forum (the venue's name at the time).
This appears to be an error based on the US/UK dating systems and clearly wasn't checked thoroughly.

PXL_20210215_1044252962~2.jpg

The Morrissey Central assertion re: That's Entertainment:
"...The recording is not the aborted version from 1994..."
may well remain a mystery (or perhaps is as erroneous as the dating of Cosmic Dancer).

Update:

That's Entertainment became available on a variety of digital music hosts/shops some time after midnight UK time.
The track appeared on YouTube thereafter too (with comments turned off):

Regards,
FWD.

Related Items:

Morrissey is, literally, a vampire.

Bowie made few mistakes but one serious one was ever coming within 100 metres of this snake who now seeks to inflate his collapsed career by commandeering Bowie's image for his own purposes. An absolute ghoul who is always ready with the concern trolling when another 'celebrity' dies but only so he can feast on their corpse to get eyeballs on himself. A vile specimen whose death will be greeted with weary bemusement as his crazed cult demand a day of national mourning whilst the rest of the UK public vaguely remember a singer who had funny song titles then went bonkers because he never got a No 1 hit single. This entirely banal souvenir of a brief guest appearance desperately turned into an 'event' won't break that happy state of affairs.
:rolleyes:

maybe cutting on the flowery adjectives will allow peeps to half understand this twattery:crazy:

I never said they weren't revered. I was referring to their principles. I revere Squire and Brown just as highly as Morrissey and Marr. What I was talking about is how they portray themselves in interviews and literature. Morrissey and (Marr to a lesser extent) have always been about standing up and saying what they think regardless of whose nose gets put out of joint. Morrissey made his principles known from the get go. You can hear it in their lyrics and the spoken word when asked.

Squire and Brown were about something entirely different altogether. They're my second favourite band for god's sake, and that is a very, very close second. What I mean is that Ian Brown is not adored in the same way that Morrissey is. No one is throwing themselves on stage to touch Ian Brown. That doesn't mean he isn't worthy of the same level of love. It's just different is all.
Is ‘I wanna be adored’ about Morrissey then

Morrissey is, literally, a vampire.

Bowie made few mistakes but one serious one was ever coming within 100 metres of this snake who now seeks to inflate his collapsed career by commandeering Bowie's image for his own purposes. An absolute ghoul who is always ready with the concern trolling when another 'celebrity' dies but only so he can feast on their corpse to get eyeballs on himself. A vile specimen whose death will be greeted with weary bemusement as his crazed cult demand a day of national mourning whilst the rest of the UK public vaguely remember a singer who had funny song titles then went bonkers because he never got a No 1 hit single. This entirely banal souvenir of a brief guest appearance desperately turned into an 'event' won't break that happy state of affairs.
They don’t call him CrankFraud for nothing you know.
He completely failed to connect with his audience during lockdown, probably because he can’t get his head around social media and the repulsive thought of posting stuff to the loyal fanbase without financial gain. He’s an absolute 4kin Luddite. There is nothing special about this guy whatsoever apart from the fact that he got away with the gimmick for so long.
The next album will milk his Mother’s death for maximum kerching, mark my words.
The last gig in Leeds was hilarious, as soon as I presented our tickets we were instructed that we’d been upgraded and new tickets were issued to us because he’d FAILED MISERABLY to sell the place out. Black curtains everywhere. The performance that followed was an absolute crock of shite as well. It’s all there in the archives, even the diehards spat their dummies out.
As soon as Boris sets us free I’ll gladly pop down to Beechmount and throw some more cabbages over his gated entrance.
Cheeky BsTard even had a pop at the NHS for his beloved Mother’s death LOL !

One for all and all for one BB. The years and years we put in tearing him a new arsehole has finally paid dividends.
Victory is ours and so, so sweet.

If you ever need to contact me go through Little Benny, he’s registered on here and we can arrange a shindig in Digbeth.

TTFN and Best
(Copy/paste/generic/trendy/buzzwords) “Stay 4kin Safe“ LOL !

Benny

BtBB 🇬🇧🔪

...or he could just be a fan of the music and man, from a certain point in time - like most of the rational people who’ve grown out of the man-child’s charade.

Morrissey hasn’t written a lyric or vocal melody worth talking about in nearly 3 decades. ...and he hasn’t written a single song in his entire, miserable existence - has he? He’s basically akin to the voice-over actor from those old Polident commercials, or the guy from the Hair Club for Men. He’s just the Sy Sperling of his own little world.

...but, HEY! Who needs more than half-rate, hired guns and a quick, rhyming phone-in - when you’re only aiming for the Polish charts?!!

Yet here you still are, Peter.

Yes, but the biggest reason why Morrissey won't share a stage with Joyce is not the money, though that really hurt. Joyce jilted Morrissey, and for that, he will never, ever be forgiven. All the statements you read about Morrissey's antipathy toward Joyce are less to do with the money, though he likes to dress it up like that, and more to do with Joyce taking a lady and breaking off with Morrissey.

Please tell me that this is a direct quote from your inside Nose that knows? It would make my day.

Who is it? Barbara Cartland? 🤞

Look - if some strange, torrid truth is uncovered, I will certainly apologise. Unreservedly. I will come to your side of God's own county and buy you a pint. But I think, privately, you need to consider what is more likely. Is it more probable that Morrissey, Johnny, Andy, Mike, Stephen Street, Rogan and so many others are all lying about the dynamics and relationships in the band (and have been for 30+ years) or is it more likely that one single person identified a Smiths 'superfan' and strung you a bit of a line?

You don't strike me as someone who is easily fooled, and I certainly wonder how this person convinced you - who they are and what credibility they have to say those things. At the same time, I'm surprised you can't see how manipulative it looks. Anyone who understands pop culture knows that 'insider' information is a tantalising prospect for fans, that's why this forum has been filled with all kinds of fairytales - it's a power thing. I know something you don't know, which makes me important. So the motives of anyone involved in that kind of shit-stirring are immediately suspect - you have to ask, "Why are they telling me this? Do they bear a grudge, do they feel slighted, what's the benefit for them? Have they been ex-communicated from Camp Mozzer and they just want to make him look pathetic?"

Before I believed any such tale as that - from anyone - I'd want them to explain away the mountains of evidence to the contrary, all those contradicting views. I wouldn't be sitting there, nodding along, put it that way.

Why is it so believable that Morrissey loved Johnny, but not Mike? Maybe Mike was the one thing that Johnny was not - willing.

Yes, but the biggest reason why Morrissey won't share a stage with Joyce is not the money, though that really hurt. Joyce jilted Morrissey, and for that, he will never, ever be forgiven. All the statements you read about Morrissey's antipathy toward Joyce are less to do with the money, though he likes to dress it up like that, and more to do with Joyce taking a lady and breaking off with Morrissey.
Who are you? What the hell have you been smoking?? Are you just here to wind people up? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Joyce rejected Morrissey as a lover and it's not about the MONEY. You obviously know zip about Morrissey. Have you ever met him or had a conversation with the man? You throw this shit around like you were the fifth member. From what I can tell you are not liked here....why do you come here? Is it for replies like mine?

He completely failed to connect with his audience during lockdown, probably because he can’t get his head around social media and the repulsive thought of posting stuff to the loyal fanbase without financial gain. He’s an absolute 4kin Luddite. There is nothing special about this guy whatsoever apart from the fact that he got away with the gimmick for so long.
The next album will milk his Mother’s death for maximum kerching, mark my words.
The last gig in Leeds was hilarious, as soon as I presented our tickets we were instructed that we’d been upgraded and new tickets were issued to us because he’d FAILED MISERABLY to sell the place out. Black curtains everywhere. The performance that followed was an absolute crock of shite as well. It’s all there in the archives, even the diehards spat their dummies out.
As soon as Boris sets us free I’ll gladly pop down to Beechmount and throw some more cabbages over his gated entrance.

One for all and all for one BB. The years and years we put in tearing him a new arsehole has finally paid dividends.

If you ever need to contact me go through Little Benny, he’s registered on here and we can arrange a shindig in Digbeth.

TTFN and Best

Benny

BtBB 🇬🇧🔪

I see the Covid wore off.

TTFN and Best

Benny

BtBB 🇬🇧🔪

Talking to yourself again, I see.

Who are you? What the hell have you been smoking?? Are you just here to wind people up? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Joyce rejected Morrissey as a lover and it's not about the MONEY. You obviously know zip about Morrissey. Have you ever met him or had a conversation with the man? You throw this shit around like you were the fifth member. From what I can tell you are not liked here....why do you come here? Is it for replies like mine?

Allow me to answer your questions.

He is a mega-fan Morrissey obsessive who pretends to hate Moz. Look on YouTube for Mastermind The Smiths & you’ll see who he is.

He comes here cos he is deranged & can’t cut himself off from the man he adores but claims to hate. He clearly enjoys the daily arguments & negative attention he gets.

Why is it so believable that Morrissey loved Johnny, but not Mike? Maybe Mike was the one thing that Johnny was not - willing.
I guess because Morrissey said it so many times - whilst claiming indifference towards "Bruce and Rick". But also because even after you've read Autobio and interviews from the horse's mouth, there are a lot of other contemporaneous accounts - from Joe Moss, John Porter, Grant Showbiz, Seymour Stein - who spoke about Morrissey's closeness to Johnny and his habit of removing or firing people who threatened that. In his book, Morrissey calls it "preserving our intimacy", "our umbilical cord" - obviously Johnny found it stifling at times. But even Johnny has said, "We were as close as two people could possibly be without being lovers." And if it was unrequited because he was straight, well - so is Mike. But with Mike, that level of distance was always there. Honestly, I'd be less surprised if I heard that Johnny and Mike were rolling around, than Moz and Mike. :LOL:

I never said they weren't revered. I was referring to their principles. I revere Squire and Brown just as highly as Morrissey and Marr. What I was talking about is how they portray themselves in interviews and literature. Morrissey and (Marr to a lesser extent) have always been about standing up and saying what they think regardless of whose nose gets put out of joint. Morrissey made his principles known from the get go. You can hear it in their lyrics and the spoken word when asked.

Squire and Brown were about something entirely different altogether. They're my second favourite band for god's sake, and that is a very, very close second. What I mean is that Ian Brown is not adored in the same way that Morrissey is. No one is throwing themselves on stage to touch Ian Brown. That doesn't mean he isn't worthy of the same level of love. It's just different is all.
“What I mean is that Ian Brown is not adored in the same way that Morrissey is.”

I hope that’s a joke.

“Morrissey and (Marr to a lesser extent) have always been about standing up and saying what they think”.

Ian Brown is scarcely a shrinking violet. Moreover (and this isn’t necessarily a critique of the artists) Ian Brown will stand up and say it to/in your face. Morrissey won’t. I say this after speaking to good acquaintances of each.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess because Morrissey said it so many times - whilst claiming indifference towards "Bruce and Rick". But also because even after you've read Autobio and interviews from the horse's mouth, there are a lot of other contemporaneous accounts - from Joe Moss, John Porter, Grant Showbiz, Seymour Stein - who spoke about Morrissey's closeness to Johnny and his habit of removing or firing people who threatened that. In his book, Morrissey calls it "preserving our intimacy", "our umbilical cord" - obviously Johnny found it stifling at times. But even Johnny has said, "We were as close as two people could possibly be without being lovers." And if it was unrequited because he was straight, well - so is Mike. But with Mike, that level of distance was always there. Honestly, I'd be less surprised if I heard that Johnny and Mike were rolling around, than Moz and Mike. :LOL:
After Marr left, Mike Joyce and Morrissey became very close.

After Marr left, Mike Joyce and Morrissey became very close.
Why do you think that? I've never got that impression from anything I've read about the immediate post-Smiths / pre-Lads period, or from either of them. Morrissey wanted Andy & Mike on board for Viva Hate - before changing his mind - and I know he kept them for a few solo singles afterwards, but it dissolved into legal acrimony pretty quickly.

TTFN and Best

Benny

BtBB 🇬🇧🔪
Whilst I disagree with much that you say, I was at Wembley 2020 to enjoy Morrissey. Given I’d been there just 12 months before to see 21 Pilots bring the house down (my kid’s a fan) it soon became an exercise in seeing a great artist meeting the limits of his performance style.

It might protect the ego of fans to speak about brilliance, but he was up against it that night—and his problematic response was to sing to and for the first 10 rows of an arena size venue. On one level it was the most interesting Morrissey gig I’ve ever attended—but that was because I saw him confronting a challenge.

Everyone sat near me at Wembley clearly looked alienated, and it felt like that’s what Morrissey was aiming for. I was cognitively engaged, but the only emotions I felt we’re related to fascination rather than fanaticism.

I was thinking if I’d seen anything similar, and The Sex Pistols at Crystal Palace c.2002 came to mind. They’d obviously lost out to The Cure playing Hyde Park (at the same time). But Lydon managed to make everyone believe that his venue was packed to the rafters, and ‘we’ all felt we had won a gold-dust ticket in a Radio One raffle: Tickets were readily available outside, for about a quarter of their face value.

And regarding the inevitable: in 2019 I saw an 84 year old Frankie Valli have 12000 people eating out of his hand. His team had paid attention to every detail of that performance and he looked and sounded like a star in his pomp despite his advancing years.

I returned home from the Morrissey gig £300 lighter. I would now question every aspect of podding out for Morrissey again: Venue, ticket price, nearby boozers, train comfort, likelihood of cancellation. These are questions Morrissey can’t really afford for me to be asking—it means the people sat around me at the Wembley gig won’t ever be coming back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think that? I've never got that impression from anything I've read about the immediate post-Smiths / pre-Lads period, or from either of them. Morrissey wanted Andy & Mike on board for Viva Hate - before changing his mind - and I know he kept them for a few solo singles afterwards, but it dissolved into legal acrimony pretty quickly.
From what I’ve gathered, the acrimony only really started when Andy dropped his own legal challenge and Mike Joyce refused to do so.

From what I’ve gathered, the acrimony only really started when Andy dropped his own legal challenge and Mike Joyce refused to do so.
Andy got a truly shit deal, and settled out of court for a pittance. Poor guy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom