"Cosmic Dancer" b/w "That's Entertainment" vinyl 7" released today (February 19, 2021)

73E2BCA0-9201-4EE6-BED2-10A7EE68EA21-min.png

First mentioned last August and 3 months after the digital release of Cosmic Dancer, today sees the official release date of the double A-side black vinyl.
This release appears to be very widely available with HMV, Mporium, most Amazons & Indies having good stocks.
Amazon & HMV briefly listed the release date as January 29, both revising it shortly thereafter.
It will more than likely chart quite high on the vinyl singles chart based on previous releases.

There is no matrix message on either side of the record.

F3295296-12F1-4065-A4ED-84477B0B0410.jpg
5DDA0BD0-3A92-42AC-81FB-BE2F21C9584A.jpg

(above pics via @AngelosBarry)

Cosmic Dancer is mis-dated as February 6, 1991 (the Kill Uncle Tour didn't start until the end of April, '91).
The actual date of the gig was June 2, 1991 at The Great Western Forum (the venue's name at the time).
This appears to be an error based on the US/UK dating systems and clearly wasn't checked thoroughly.

PXL_20210215_1044252962~2.jpg

The Morrissey Central assertion re: That's Entertainment:
"...The recording is not the aborted version from 1994..."
may well remain a mystery (or perhaps is as erroneous as the dating of Cosmic Dancer).

Update:

That's Entertainment became available on a variety of digital music hosts/shops some time after midnight UK time.
The track appeared on YouTube thereafter too (with comments turned off):

Regards,
FWD.

Related Items:

Brilliant. Motherwell Civc Hall was like that. It lends itself to a good gig.

I’m daring to believe The Lightning Seeds at The Ritz could happen?

I fancied that but it sold out really quick, New Order at Heaton Park looks a goer as well now.

Screenshot_20210222-195114~2.png

Edit:
This is specifically:
"Official Singles Chart Update Top 100" as it doesn't show on the current singles top 100.

Last edited:
Yes, I think it was a Friday. It was the last really ‘intimate’ gig I attended. And possibly the last one that felt a little wild.

Apart from Paris 2006 (a magical but civilised concert) it’s been arenas since. I miss the smaller venues.
iv been saying on here for years about the loss of the smaller venues,the gigs were far more intimate,these big sheds he plays these days are too corporate and lifeless usually with poor sound.

And regarding the inevitable: in 2019 I saw an 84 year old Frankie Valli have 12000 people eating out of his hand. His team had paid attention to every detail of that performance and he looked and sounded like a star in his pomp despite his advancing years.
To be fair, the stories about Frankie Valli miming to pre-recorded vocals have been going around for years.

Morrissey still genuinely sings and sings well, so there can be no comparison between the two on that score.

iv been saying on here for years about the loss of the smaller venues,the gigs were far more intimate,these big sheds he plays these days are too corporate and lifeless usually with poor sound.
The one benefit of Morrissey being 'cancelled' is that his days of playing soulless huge UK venues outside of London is done. The half empty Leeds Arena venue was surely the final straw. Looking forward to some intimate club shows if he ever returns.

“What I mean is that Ian Brown is not adored in the same way that Morrissey is.”

I hope that’s a joke.

“Morrissey and (Marr to a lesser extent) have always been about standing up and saying what they think”.

Ian Brown is scarcely a shrinking violet. Moreover (and this isn’t necessarily a critique of the artists) Ian Brown will stand up and say it to/in your face. Morrissey won’t. I say this after speaking to good acquaintances of each.
Perhaps I haven't explained myself well enough because you're certainly not getting what I'm saying.

The one benefit of Morrissey being 'cancelled' is that his days of playing soulless huge UK venues outside of London is done. The half empty Leeds Arena venue was surely the final straw. Looking forward to some intimate club shows if he ever returns.
NEVER going to happen. Ego is a bitch. The man’s not willling to pull up his paunch with a belt for a crowd of 12,000. What makes you think he’ll even bother to put trousers on for 1000?

To be fair, the stories about Frankie Valli miming to pre-recorded vocals have been going around for years.

Morrissey still genuinely sings and sings well, so there can be no comparison between the two on that score.
There was certainly no comparison between the two nights.

But ultimately, the problems I could see aren’t ones for me, or Frankie Valli, to address.

It’s true: Valli’s shows are part-mime. Madonna has done fully mimed shows: it’s not uncommon.

Ian Brown completed his Leeds, 2017, Stone Roses show without singing a single note (correctly). It didn’t matter a jot. Morrissey, conversely, was not miming and note-perfect at Wembley. Which simply made the night tragedy rather than farce.

Last edited by a moderator:
NEVER going to happen. Ego is a bitch. The man’s not willling to pull up his paunch with a belt for a crowd of 12,000. What makes you think he’ll even bother to put trousers on for 1000?
I doubt the Wembley gig broke even. The next shows will be smaller venues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! í think í'm in luuurve ...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom