Cost of cancelation?

billybu69

Subscriber
How much does it cost to cancel something like the Castlefield shows? Who pays? has the promoter got to pay for hiring the venue, travel, security, gear hire etc? Is it all insured? or has Moz had to stump up? doubt that.

There is equipment insurance, liability (in case a fat middle aged Burger King/KFC gorged foreigner falls on his ass during a "stage invasion" and decides to sue poor Uncle Steve), and non-appearance. I reckon when venues book Uncle Steve they look at the non appearance part of the insurance policy to see how much they can be reimbursed for Uncle Steve not showing up in some backwards foreign town where they let balls fall from the sky and hit them on the head m8 inn nn nn n n it. They also know that when Steve cancels, they will come back in 5 years when he plays their uk or yeropean Nazi town again.

Wonder if he'll ever get insured again?
2013-2014 were disastrous years for Morrissey, tour-wise (relatively speaking, of course, because there were certainly plentiful cancellations before and after that time period). The topic of tour insurance came up often. Yet, he never seems to have much trouble getting a tour scheduled, so my guess is he'll find a way to continue on if he wants to.

It all becomes a bit of a joke, though, doesn't it? Never knowing for sure until the lights dim if he's actually going to turn up? And even if he does make it onstage, there is a 3% chance he'll walk off after a few songs for some reason or another.

Put simply, this cancellation nonsense is strictly a Morrissey phenomenon. It does not happen anywhere near the frequency with any other band/artist. Prove me wrong. Show me the data. Because all you have to do is look in the Tour section of this very website to see the long and predictable history of compete Morrissey tours crashing and burning as well as onesy-twosy cancellations with absurd explanations given.

2013-2014 were disastrous years for Morrissey, tour-wise (relatively speaking, of course, because there were certainly plentiful cancellations before and after that time period). The topic of tour insurance came up often. Yet, he never seems to have much trouble getting a tour scheduled, so my guess is he'll find a way to continue on if he wants to.

It all becomes a bit of a joke, though, doesn't it? Never knowing for sure until the lights dim if he's actually going to turn up? And even if he does make it onstage, there is a 3% chance he'll walk off after a few songs for some reason or another.

Put simply, this cancellation nonsense is strictly a Morrissey phenomenon. It does not happen anywhere near the frequency with any other band/artist. Prove me wrong. Show me the data. Because all you have to do is look in the Tour section of this very website to see the long and predictable history of compete Morrissey tours crashing and burning as well as onesy-twosy cancellations with absurd explanations given.

Well, I’ve been to many gigs over the past quarter century. Must be over 100. And only three were cancelled at the last minute. Two of which by Morrissey.

The sad thing is I love his music and I’ll still buy a ticket next time he is alleged to be coming to town. There’s no way I would pay for any hotels/travel up front though. Way too risky.

My flights to all 4 of the European ones from England aren’t covered, I’ll tell thee that much.

My flights to all 4 of the European ones from England aren’t covered, I’ll tell thee that much.
Really?! You are a glutton for punishment. Gutted for you. Are you going to fly there anyway or abandon completely?
You could try and claim on travel insurance, but there are probably exemptions for ‘Acts of Moz’.

Really?! You are a glutton for punishment. Gutted for you. Are you going to fly there anyway or abandon completely?
You could try and claim on travel insurance, but there are probably exemptions for ‘Acts of Moz’.

Still go to 2/4
No money back on any
Pissed off, but not a thing I can do.
Tickets back for 9 gigs x 2, so just 2 flights to two countries lost
Still gut wrenching, but a few days away won’t be so bad.

Back
Top Bottom