COVID-19 Fatigue

Aspenturaft

Either COVID-19 fatigue or depression, it's still a horrible thing to struggle with. This year had been pretty crazy and it's hard to foresee where our futures are headed since we are all dealing with changes. How did you cope with stress or other mental health issues?

Either COVID-19 fatigue or depression, it's still a horrible thing to struggle with. This year had been pretty crazy and it's hard to foresee where our futures are headed since we are all dealing with changes. How did you cope with stress or other mental health issues?
Got myself some art supplies. And you, how did you cope?

I talked a lot of shit on a web forum dedicated to a gay British pop star.

i dont have mental health issues or much stress. it's times like this im glad i dont have mental health issues because even though things suck really really badly im doing all right. if i had mental health issues i probably wouldve killed myself by now.

I spend each day with my girlfriend (we live together)... I don't think we ever felt stressed but it's definitely an unusual year.
We have been filming a lot, artistic videos. We've also began to devote by far more time to religious practices (Tibetan practices in our case).

I am extremely glad that I live with her. My friends who live alone are somehow getting crazy.
I think I would be quite depressed if I didn't live with her.

Well I had a baby midway so that kept me busy. Not to much changed here for me though. My wife still went to work and I still took care of my children and took my oldest to school. Still saw my parents and went to the grocery store. Read a lot and played guitar. I did do a garden this year and going back to school has kept me even busier. The pandemic and the measures to fight it haven’t changed my life all that much

Got myself some art supplies. And you, how did you cope?
That's great. I tried some gardening and some tinkering, but can't tell if I found something that takes off my mind from all the negative stuff. Though I would have to say I'm doing better and better. There are just times when I feel bored and tired. I also did some binge-watching but it doesn't do much when a movie ends as I'm back to overthinking.

That's great. I tried some gardening and some tinkering, but can't tell if I found something that takes off my mind from all the negative stuff. Though I would have to say I'm doing better and better. There are just times when I feel bored and tired. I also did some binge-watching but it doesn't do much when a movie ends as I'm back to overthinking.
I suggest you try drawing pictures and then color them with watercolors. It is very finicky and brain power guzzling.

Hi all! Thanks for all your responses!

i dont have mental health issues or much stress. it's times like this im glad i dont have mental health issues because even though things suck really really badly im doing all right. if i had mental health issues i probably wouldve killed myself by now.
I am glad that you don't have to deal with stress and other stuff. Some people are unlucky to be dealing with mental health issues. This is a tough year.

I spend each day with my girlfriend (we live together)... I don't think we ever felt stressed but it's definitely an unusual year.
We have been filming a lot, artistic videos. We've also began to devote by far more time to religious practices (Tibetan practices in our case).

I am extremely glad that I live with her. My friends who live alone are somehow getting crazy.
I think I would be quite depressed if I didn't live with her.
Wow, that's great! I can imagine how peaceful and calm your home must be. Keep it up!

Well I had a baby midway so that kept me busy. Not to much changed here for me though. My wife still went to work and I still took care of my children and took my oldest to school. Still saw my parents and went to the grocery store. Read a lot and played guitar. I did do a garden this year and going back to school has kept me even busier. The pandemic and the measures to fight it haven’t changed my life all that much
Some schools are doing online right now, right? I also tried playing the guitar but I couldn't see myself getting better at it.

Glad to hear that you're all doing fine! Stay safe.

Hi all! Thanks for all your responses!

I am glad that you don't have to deal with stress and other stuff. Some people are unlucky to be dealing with mental health issues. This is a tough year.

Wow, that's great! I can imagine how peaceful and calm your home must be. Keep it up!

Some schools are doing online right now, right? I also tried playing the guitar but I couldn't see myself getting better at it.

Glad to hear that you're all doing fine! Stay safe.

I think I’m at an age where my life and it’s circles are so domestic that not much changed for me during lockdown. Yeah school is online for the most part but my university had some in person classes which I opted for. I’m old and still perform better in person. Any way stay safe yourself

I suggest you try drawing pictures and then color them with watercolors. It is very finicky and brain power guzzling.
I actually would like to try that. A friend of mine has this drawing ordered online where you just need to color it. Told me to try as according to her relieves her stress.

Anything that activates the frontal cortex relieves stress. Music, painting, drawing, they're all good for our brains. I hope life will be full of this.

It was really stressful last year. I thought we could see some light this year but apparently, even the vaccine right now is messed up. I have a feeling we'll be dealing with this pandemic for some time.

or people will just get sick and tired of it and say NO MORE. it will start off slowly and end up like a tidal wave. it could begin tomorrow, you never know.

It was really stressful last year. I thought we could see some light this year but apparently, even the vaccine right now is messed up. I have a feeling we'll be dealing with this pandemic for some time.
My doc said the same yesterday. Her advice was to "stop watching the news" and stay positive, even if this makes you feel like a fool. This made me laugh.
What the pandemic shows us is that our politicians are completely overchallenged when it comes to working for the people and not just for their lobby groups.

Back
Top Bottom