Craig Gannon on his time with The Smiths - Mojo

In the latest edition of Mojo, first spotted by Miseryguts in the forums.

gannon_mojo_thumb.jpg

Enlarge for full scan

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting hearing craig's experience.

it re-iterates that although the smiths made nice music, the decision makers in the band were never very nice people. andy got told he'd left the band by a note on his car, craig got told by a friend etc. there are never any angels, or black and white, but the band themselves were never really practicing what they preached by even being thoughful or caring to those around them. no wonder they broke up, and no wonder they still do bitter things today. they just weren't nice people to begin with.

though maybe good guys don't make classic music?

interesting hearing craig's experience.

it re-iterates that although the smiths made nice music, the decision makers in the band were never very nice people. andy got told he'd left the band by a note on his car, craig got told by a friend etc. there are never any angels, or black and white, but the band themselves were never really practicing what they preached by even being thoughful or caring to those around them. no wonder they broke up, and no wonder they still do bitter things today. they just weren't nice people to begin with.

though maybe good guys don't make classic music?

I don't know if saying "they weren't nice people to begin with" is entirely fair. Of Morrissey, perhaps one could say that, as the evidence has accumulated over the years. As for Johnny Marr-- everything I read indicates he was under a lot of pressure, and let's not forget that he was all of TWENTY FOUR years old when the Smith SPLIT. If I look back on myself at that age, there are a lot of things that I would do differently now, with more experience and maturity, etc.

I mean, what's the charge? A 24 year old avoids a confrontation and tells Ivor Perry and others what he's thinking rather than confronting Gannon (who was 19 at the time) directly. And Gannon hears that. Is that evidence of "not a nice person?" No, it's evidence of youth and immaturity.

People forget how f***ing young the Smiths were. When they broke up, Moz was the Geezer at 28. The rest were under 25.

I thought I'd drop to your level for a moment to engage, I thought you'd be able to understand. After all, making period jokes at a lady because she disagrees with you.

Yet neither you nor any other moderator, nor even David Tseng, has ever had any comment on Skylarker and Viva Hate's constant "period jokes" etc about Quiffaa, presumably because she runs a site which you view as competition. The group of you chat along in those threads as if nothing at all unlovely were happening.

That's *your* "level," Pete.

this thread is the perfect example people are on purpose putting this site down, so
a message to David Tseng, please please please only registered people to post on the main page

as if you said some ano's have good info, let them mail a moderator or you, so it can be posted

or a system that all ano posts get moderated, and not shown if it's of-topic or just to stir thingsa up
like past month

better less posts ... than 35 posts about nothing to do with Morrissey, and to make
it even laughable, those ano's posted here and were regs, but since Morrissey
opinion about this site, the sheep follow his words, or were banned, some I know
which I found unfair, cause 1 moderator took her duty too serious and it came to a
power match, they lost and their' pride literally scarfded many of them,... lot are on alneedMorrissey

the world is full of crashing bores, I am NOT one

I can have both:thumb:

Yet neither you nor any other moderator, nor even David Tseng, has ever had any comment on Skylarker and Viva Hate's constant "period jokes" etc about Quiffaa, presumably because she runs a site which you view as competition. The group of you chat along in those threads as if nothing at all unlovely were happening.

That's *your* "level," Pete.

That Queefaa on the other site is a crashing bore.

this thread is the perfect example people are on purpose putting this site down, so
a message to David Tseng, please please please only registered people to post on the main page

as if you said some ano's have good info, let them mail a moderator or you, so it can be posted

or a system that all ano posts get moderated, and not shown if it's of-topic or just to stir thingsa up
like past month

better less posts ... than 35 posts about nothing to do with Morrissey, and to make
it even laughable, those ano's posted here and were regs, but since Morrissey
opinion about this site, the sheep follow his words, or were banned, some I know
which I found unfair, cause 1 moderator took her duty too serious and it came to a
power match, they lost and their' pride literally scarfded many of them,... lot are on alneedMorrissey

the world is full of crashing bores, I am NOT one

I can have both:thumb:

Anonymous or registered hardly matters. Users like Viva Hate, Sky Larker, McRickson, Vauxhall95 just talk shite anyway. All they do is crap on Morrissey ad nauseum.

Normally we ban people who repeatedly post links to other stuff as spammers. Good luck.

Normally you try to stuff your head up your ass with amazing results! That's what you normally do. About this banning thing, "it only takes a few seconds to register a new name. We can't really ban anyone" - David Tseng

Hi all,

I've posted on this site twice in a year - once to support Morrissey and the band during the moronic criticism of his Norway comments and the ejection of David Tseng and once to review his show at the Palladium.

I find it moving to note that on my brief visit today I see Goinghome is still continuing to discuss me in that strangely stunted typing style.

As I said on another thread I'm making Morrissey's World my new online home.

Take care those of you I'd come to know well on this site.

Broken

Yawn. Posted long ago on MorrisseysWorld.

I posted it on the Forum on 14 August and it didn't appear on MorrisseysWorld until 24 August.

As a subscriber to Mojo I receive my copy of the magazine before it hits the shops and I posted it on the forum the day I received the magazine.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom