Criminally Underrated - I've Changed My Plea..

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
"I've Changed My Plea..." has always been one of my favourite Morrissey songs, I think it's extremely beautiful and yet no-one seems to mention it anymore? I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it's on Morrissey's winter tour setlist this year, and just wanted to show people again this brilliant live clip from Jonathan Ross, 1990 (sorry if it's already been posted somewhere and I've missed it :o )

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fB-CQvEWmkw

Morrissey's vocals are perfect.. and he looks stunning as always :D

sheer brilliance and beauty

Agree, I think it's one of his best. I remember reading an interview in 1991 or thereabouts in which he said he felt it was his best song. My anticipation was incredible when I put the needle to the record for the first time, hoping it was as good as he said. It was and then some. I wholeheartedly disagree with that song's outlook but at the same time it's a thing of beauty.

I came across the JR clip whilst browsing youtube and fell off my chair.
Picked myself up off the floor, put my teeth back in and watched it again..

I agree, it's one of my favourites, I hope it stays in the set list.:)

I just heard this song for the first time about a week and a half ago. I was actually brought to tears. I can't believe it went so long under my radar!! I think it's absolutely b-e-a-utiful, and I was pumped it was on the Aragon setlist.

I adore that old Jonathan Ross performance! Thank you Amy. One of my favorite Moz songs as well. So glad you've finally been initiated, Mozzergirl. :)

haha thanks, Cuddle :p

God, watching this clip nearly made me cry...
I'm glad I'm the only one in the office today :o so no one could see my misty eyes :rolleyes:

"I've Changed My Plea..." has always been one of my favourite Morrissey songs, I think it's extremely beautiful and yet no-one seems to mention it anymore?

Yes, that JR performance is one of Morrissey's best tv performances.

I've Changed My Plea To Guilty isn't that underrated though, not by us anyway. It did really well in the best early 90s b-side poll we did a while ago, only Jack The Ripper outperformed it there.

Heard it for the first time a few days ago... love it. Piano and vocals work well together.

I know people say this all the time, but I thought I was the only one who loved I've Changed My Plea (and that includes Moz) until it was played in Mexico and lots of people started saying how much they love it. It is brilliant and classic Morrissey on every level. The vocals, and the way they work so perfectly with the piano, are among his best ever.

Did he sing live on the Jonathan Ross show?:)
That song is marvellous.:cool:It is fantastic that he has included it on the setlist.

I know people say this all the time, but I thought I was the only one who loved I've Changed My Plea (and that includes Moz) until it was played in Mexico and lots of people started saying how much they love it. It is brilliant and classic Morrissey on every level. The vocals, and the way they work so perfectly with the piano, are among his best ever.

For the record, it was printed in the gaurdian newspaper many moons ago that the Jools Holland version of this song is my favourite Morrissey song.

Hope it's still in the set list on the 23rd December it's an amazing song.

Back
Top Bottom