Cringeworthy Morrissey lyrics

It's that time again, but this time, I don't want to discuss the songs you don't like, but rather specific bad lyrics in songs that you otherwise love. Have we done this before?

Let's get the "explosive kegs" line out of the way. The lines that always make me wince include:

"Your father cracks a joke and in the usual way empties the room"
"I will be in the bar with my head on the bar"

Fire away.

"kick the shit out of very frightened children"
"Is this all you was born for?"

EDIT: Whoops! Just noticed that it said for songs that we otherwise love. I'll come back with an example later.

"Oh, let me get my hands on your mammary glands."

Awww! That's one of the lines that made me buy the first Smiths album in 1984. It's awesome!!

Let's see... the ones that I hate from songs I like are...

"I see the world, it makes me puke"
"Kick the shit out of very frightened children"
"Well, could it be, he only has one knee?"
"There are explosive kegs between my legs" and "Now I'm spreading your legs with mine in between"
"You were a boy before you became a man" (well, duh)

If I think of anymore I'll add them...

It's that time again, but this time, I don't want to discuss the songs you don't like, but rather specific bad lyrics in songs that you otherwise love. Have we done this before?

Let's get the "explosive kegs" line out of the way. The lines that always make me wince include:

"Your father cracks a joke and in the usual way empties the room"

"I will be in the bar with my head on the bar"

Fire away.

Aww, I think this is a great line.

I am not keen on

"I tried to suprise you with vodka or tizer"

"With your mascara, and your fender guitar"

Love PTxx.

I've had my face dragged in 15 miles of shit...and I do not and I do not and I do not like it. :sleeping: :rolleyes:

LOVE the song to death, but not the line: I would happily lose both of my legs, I would lose both of my legs...

"Are you happy to be a DIM ASS?"

"Is this all you WAS born for"

Bother me greatly, but they work within the song so well, and i've decided i love the song more probably because of these, but only if they are a one off.

*worries that Moz has begun 'chavin it'* :tears:

I think this is a good occasion for me to ask: what is it with the hate for "explosive kegs" and the other sexual references in "Dear God"? I've always thought Morrissey's explicit sexuality in that song to be quite beautiful and tender.

Awww! That's one of the lines that made me buy the first Smiths album in 1984. It's awesome!!

Let's see... the ones that I hate from songs I like are...

"I see the world, it makes me puke"

"Well, could it be, he only has one knee?"

"You were a boy before you became a man" (well, duh)

If I think of anymore I'll add them...

Those lines are genius, funny, clever and a great use of language

Tags
bad lyrics cringe cringeworthy explosive kegs lyrics morrissey
Back
Top Bottom