Culture in England, December 2018 - Morrissey Central (28th December)

it's still cultivated in britain as a male leisure pursuit, isnt it? like f***ing your housemaid in the library and sniffing at your daughters underwear before taking up the foxes trail. the queen was seen wringing the neck of an injured pheasant yesterday that harry and william had been incapable of killing properly. do the british really want to be just that?

It’s probably less than 0.00001% of the population who get involved with fox hunting

it's still cultivated in britain as a male leisure pursuit, isnt it? like f***ing your housemaid in the library and sniffing at your daughters underwear before taking up the foxes trail. the queen was seen wringing the neck of an injured pheasant yesterday that harry and william had been incapable of killing properly. do the british really want to be just that?

No, nothing to do with gender. And the original ban was a political statement which had nothing to do with animal welfare - it was the then Labour government making a statement about class, which even Blair now admits: ”I didn’t quite understand, and I reproach myself for this, that for a group of people in our society in the countryside this was a fundamental part of their way of life” and he adds that the result was a “disaster” (presumably because of the loss of thousands of full-time jobs).

Interesting quote from Tim Bonner of the Countryside Alliance:
'It is not illegal to shoot a fox, to trap a fox, to snare a fox or even to gas a fox, but for 10 years it has been illegal to hunt a fox, despite a complete absence of evidence that hunting is any less humane than other methods of control.'

Obviously there is a wider issue about how best to humanely reduce the population of predators like foxes - which, if you're going to have a farming industry, is necessary because the adult fox in this country has no natural predator, which has allowed them to proliferate. This is not just an issue for farmers but also conservation projects protecting threatened species of wild birds, particularly ground-nesting species like curlews, golden plovers and lapwings.

I'd be the first to agree that fox hunting doesn't seem the most efficient way to reduce the fox population, but I think the arguments around it are more complex than vilifying posh people in red coats on horseback.

im almost certain that the two fat twats pushing people about are skinny and surface.:eek:

Mao thinks its the Norman Knights from 1000 years ago.:crazy:

No, nothing to do with gender. And the original ban was a political statement which had nothing to do with animal welfare - it was the then Labour government making a statement about class, which even Blair now admits: ”I didn’t quite understand, and I reproach myself for this, that for a group of people in our society in the countryside this was a fundamental part of their way of life” and he adds that the result was a “disaster” (presumably because of the loss of thousands of full-time jobs).

'It is not illegal to shoot a fox, to trap a fox, to snare a fox or even to gas a fox, but for 10 years it has been illegal to hunt a fox, despite a complete absence of evidence that hunting is any less humane than other methods of control.'

Obviously there is a wider issue about how best to humanely reduce the population of predators like foxes - which, if you're going to have a farming industry, is necessary because the adult fox in this country has no natural predator, which has allowed them to proliferate. This is not just an issue for farmers but also conservation projects protecting threatened species of wild birds, particularly ground-nesting species like curlews, golden plovers and lapwings.

I'd be the first to agree that fox hunting doesn't seem the most efficient way to reduce the fox population, but I think the arguments around it are more complex than vilifying posh people in red coats on horseback.
The argument around fox hunting (for or against) scarcely revolves around the issue of ‘ground-nesting’ bird numbers.

The argument around fox hunting (for or against) scarcely revolves around the issue of ‘ground-nesting’ bird numbers.
Obviously. I'm just saying, the issues around killing foxes are more complex than horrible uppity toffs in red coats.

Its a ritual, the Hunt, gone on for a very long time, but then so did the slave trade. To argue the Fox needs to be killed to protect livestock is true, but to protect so that the livestock can be killed anyway, for money, says everything. Rich people curing their filthy boredom.

The fact of the matter though is its FAKE 4KIN NEWS being sent out by Stevo the Clown.
After all he's banged on about fake news this is comedy gold at its best.

The big giveaway is the word Heddlu. Clueless lazy idiot trying to stir up the shit once again without getting his hands dirty at the coal face :clap::clap::clap:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Hunting is illegal in England, Wales and Scotland but not in the 6 counties or the rest of Ireland, so the video is representative of what goes on in all of these places legal or not.
It's doubly disgusting that it happens in Ireland as it was introduced by our former colonists the British Crown. There is nothing more vile than meeting these arseholes in their symbolic red coats trespassing on your property with their hounds, breaking fences leaving gates open and terrorising flocks of sheep to the point where their unborn lambs are aborted which has happened to my neighbour.
I live in the countryside, on a working vegan farm and can vouch for their destructive arrogance firsthand.
As for economics they bring no revenue to the locality and they never compensate anyone for damage unless they go through the trouble of bringing them to court. The countryside "tradition" they represent is not one native to Ireland.
Anyone who has any illusion that the people who participate in this "sport" are some form of nobility should watch how they behave towards anyone who protests, even on their own land. These people are ignorant thugs with an inbred sense of entitlement.
As someone has pointed out it is a form of blood sacrifice, new members, usually children are "blooded" by having the dismembered fox's blood pressed on their forehead. I have on one occasion had to bury the remains of a fox left on my land after their hounds tore him apart. There was no more sport to be had once they tortured him to death.
Have a look at some of the Irish Council against Blood Sport( ICABS) videos from the current hunting season and then criticise anyone who stands up for animals or draws attention to their plight. Nollaig shona duit

It is England unless you see Wales forming in his mouth.
So send me a picture of Wales forming in the mouth of Morrissey... until then, that's England for me.
I'd love to send you a picture of the Prince of Wales foaming at the mouth with a pack of blooded dogs in pursuit of his stench, I mean scent.

Hunting is illegal in England, Wales and Scotland but not in the 6 counties or the rest of Ireland, so the video is representative of what goes on in all of these places legal or not.
It's doubly disgusting that it happens in Ireland as it was introduced by our former colonists the British Crown. There is nothing more vile than meeting these arseholes in their symbolic red coats trespassing on your property with their hounds, breaking fences leaving gates open and terrorising flocks of sheep to the point where their unborn lambs are aborted which has happened to my neighbour.
I live in the countryside, on a working vegan farm and can vouch for their destructive arrogance firsthand.
As for economics they bring no revenue to the locality and they never compensate anyone for damage unless they go through the trouble of bringing them to court. The countryside "tradition" they represent is not one native to Ireland.
Anyone who has any illusion that the people who participate in this "sport" are some form of nobility should watch how they behave towards anyone who protests, even on their own land. These people are ignorant thugs with an inbred sense of entitlement.
As someone has pointed out it is a form of blood sacrifice, new members, usually children are "blooded" by having the dismembered fox's blood pressed on their forehead. I have on one occasion had to bury the remains of a fox left on my land after their hounds tore him apart. There was no more sport to be had once they tortured him to death.
Have a look at some of the Irish Council against Blood Sport( ICABS) videos from the current hunting season and then criticise anyone who stands up for animals or draws attention to their plight. Nollaig shona duit

No need to explain just get the facts right, its appalling, lazy and embarrassing coming from the top, full stop :thumb:

Blikey fek'ell taking a piss. Why do you loonies get all over The California Son because he does not know that "Whales" is a country. How the f*** is a guy from LA going to know or care that Whales is a seperate country than Brittin? They are all the same people anyway. Just look at their 4th generation immigrant cousins in Mississippi and Alabama.

No, nothing to do with gender. And the original ban was a political statement which had nothing to do with animal welfare - it was the then Labour government making a statement about class, which even Blair now admits: ”I didn’t quite understand, and I reproach myself for this, that for a group of people in our society in the countryside this was a fundamental part of their way of life” and he adds that the result was a “disaster”
This says a lot about Tony Blair, but not much about fox hunting.

Well according to your cult leader we need protecting from the police. Surely an investigation would just give them a free license to give us all a good beating with their batons and tazer guns.
Are you KetchupBum by any chance? :brows:

If the cult leader says it is England, then it is England!
Ketchupburn is a member of the forum?
No... I don't have other user names.

The police are the same everywhere... Heartless zombies. Dante should have invented a special circle of hell just for them.

Who is the (famous) person that inspires you the most?

If the cult leader says it is England, then it is England!
Ketchupburn is a member of the forum?
No... I don't have other user names.

The police are the same everywhere... Heartless zombies. Dante should have invented a special circle of hell just for them.

Who is the (famous) person that inspires you the most?

Obviously Mrs Thatcher. The Falklands are ours pal and you know it. Do the police have Heddlu written on their uniforms there ? No they do not :thumb:
Goodbye.

Benny-the-BRITISH-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::handpointup:

If only he cared as much about human beings and their children, then he would seem much more humane.

But he panders to the easy adulation provided by animals due to their dependency on human care.

"Everyone has babies
Babies full of rabies
Rabies full of scabies
Scarlett has a fever
Ringlets full of ringworm
Angel of distemper
The little fella has got rubella

Nipper full of fungus
Junior full of gangrene
Minor's melanoma
Tyke full of grippe
Whipper snapper scurvy
Urchin made of acne
Get that thing away from me"

Oh...but the foxes.

in order to solve complex problems like that, i do not at all recommend the random scatter-gun technique but rather that you draw out the most prominent feature and finish this one with a clean single and sure shot. the rest will then fall into line naturally.

in order to solve complex problems like that, i do not at all recommend the random scatter-gun technique but rather that you draw out the most prominent feature and finish this one with a clean single and sure shot. the rest will then fall into line naturally.
Yes, that would seem logical. It's a complex topic, though. There are those who say that traditionally, hunting was not about population control but actually a form of conservation: a way of depleting the numbers of foxes by just enough so that that the fox and the farmer could co-exist; and that the hunters in these rural areas have a huge respect for the fox (in Leicestershire, for example, it's the county's emblem). These days, farmers are routinely shooting, snaring and gassing foxes yet we don't see big protests about that. But the hunters are a visible target; there's a spectacle, with their bright red coats and their galloping horses and their pack of hounds, and it's largely (but not exclusively) a pursuit of the upper/upper-middle classes. This makes me suspect that a big part of the noise made about foxhunting is more about class than animal welfare.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom