Current setlist - mainly Marr and Whyte songs

Maurice E

According to my calculations, the breakdown for the current setlist is:
7, Whyte/Moz
6, Marr/Moz
4, Boz/Moz,
1, Nevin/Moz
1, Tobias/Moz

So, despite not having written together for 22 years, the Marr/Moz songs still make up a huge chunk of the setlist.
It's a little telling perhaps that there's only one Tobias/Moz song. Possibly the least number since they started writing together.
I think it also shows how important it is that Alain stays on board for any future material...

You can't see it but I'm stroking my chin thoughtfully. It's an interesting breakdown Maurice E but I don't believe it's reflective of Moz favouring Alain over Jesse - I think it's all down to what he feels like singing again and he's ended up with a "past-heavy" selection

Not that I'm complaining mind.

EDIT: And I couldn't agree more with your last point - more Alain on the next record!!

Last edited:
According to my calculations, the breakdown for the current setlist is:
7, Whyte/Moz
6, Marr/Moz
4, Boz/Moz,
1, Nevin/Moz
1, Tobias/Moz

So, despite not having written together for 22 years, the Marr/Moz songs still make up a huge chunk of the setlist.
It's a little telling perhaps that there's only one Tobias/Moz song. Possibly the least number since they started writing together.
I think it also shows how important it is that Alain stays on board for any future material...

Of course Morrissey and Marr's songs are important, and as Moz doesn't hide it... However, Boz is an important songwriter - he had done "The More you...", for instance, song that brought Moz again to USA chart (within good sell of single)

Back
Top Bottom