Morrissey Central "Damien Hirst Speaks" (August 23, 2020)

I don't think Morrissey & Damien would see eye to eye about art - but it's nice he's mentioned!

I don't think Morrissey & Damien would see eye to eye about art - but it's nice he's mentioned!
Via Linder:

"MORRISSEY: I dislike the “use” of animals in art, such as in the work of Damien Hirst. But in your latest performance piece, “Your Actions Are My Dreams,” you have a woman serenely sitting atop a calmly satisfied horse, which is, of course, alive and healthy. Do you agree that Hirst’s head should be kept in a bag for the way he’s utilized—and sold—dead animals?"

Sam's not paying attention.
FWD.

That "Interview" interview is more of a work of art than Damien & his minions could ever hope to come up with. Thrilling memories.

I shall love you till that final stretch of sand that the sea never quite reaches is finally swathed by crashing waves. Or, perhaps longer . . . if there’s time.”

Takes me back to the "special performance" they refer to in Glasgow...

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/linder-in-glasgow.108219/page-2#post-1327346

Via Linder:

"MORRISSEY: I dislike the “use” of animals in art, such as in the work of Damien Hirst. But in your latest performance piece, “Your Actions Are My Dreams,” you have a woman serenely sitting atop a calmly satisfied horse, which is, of course, alive and healthy. Do you agree that Hirst’s head should be kept in a bag for the way he’s utilized—and sold—dead animals?"

Sam's not paying attention.
FWD.

I suspected as much!

That "Interview" interview is more of a work of art than Damien & his minions could ever hope to come up with. Thrilling memories.

I shall love you till that final stretch of sand that the sea never quite reaches is finally swathed by crashing waves. Or, perhaps longer . . . if there’s time.”

Takes me back to the "special performance" they refer to in Glasgow...

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/linder-in-glasgow.108219/page-2#post-1327346

I really enjoyed reading your detailed account of The Darktown Cakewalk.

I also re-read Morrissey's and Linder's interview dialogue this morning, what a brilliant exchange.

I can't help but wonder why Sam thought it was worth reposting Hirst's oversimplified take on Morrissey's art though. Singing songs about "a girlfriend leaving you" isn't exactly unique and reducing one's lyrics to this one motive certainly isn't a compliment.

I really enjoyed reading your detailed account of The Darktown Cakewalk.

I also re-read Morrissey's and Linder's interview dialogue this morning, what a brilliant exchange.

I can't help but wonder why Sam thought it was worth reposting Hirst's oversimplified take on Morrissey's art though. Singing songs about "a girlfriend leaving you" isn't exactly unique and reducing one's lyrics to this one motive certainly isn't a compliment.

í do go on a bit. But it was a genuinely otherworldly night. One of those you have to check that it really happened.

"And when did you last have a girlfriend leave you?"

I am having a st John's Wood clique moment .Quick! A paintbrush!

Cultural icon.

remember his diamond skull,a skull covered in diamonds,nursery school kids could have knocked this up in five minutes,george michael paid 50 million for it.

remember his diamond skull,a skull covered in diamonds,nursery school kids could have knocked this up in five minutes,george michael paid 50 million for it.
At my school they’d have traded the diamonds for fags.

Let's see, how many songs has Morrissey written? Hundreds. How many has he written about his "girlfriend" leaving him?! I think that's a FAT ZERO. Has Hirst ever even listened to Morrissey?! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Let's see, how many songs has Morrissey written? Hundreds. How many has he written about his "girlfriend" leaving him?! I think that's a FAT ZERO. Has Hirst ever even listened to Morrissey!! :ROFLMAO:

I suppose it was a general art point.

I can't think of a girlfriend leaving song..? Other people's girlfriends kind of.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom