Damon Albarn on Morrissey's potential Gorillaz collaboration

"I've had some hilarious emails from Morrissey as you would imagine. But I don't think he's a collaborator. And this was before his stupidness. Just for the record."

From The Times. October 2020.

When did he seriously go off the rails do we think? I’d say he totally jumped the shark around the time of autobiography. Big shame because he’s released some amazing music since then. I’d be interested to hear when other people think it was

Moz's wonderful voice over a Gorillaz track would be great. But he's right - Moz is not a collaborator. Perish the thought.

I love how any opinion that isn't completely pro-diversity or isn't blindly all-in with the Left's narrative is automatically binned as "stupid."

That should tell you something. You know how when little kids argue with each other, they just immediately start calling each other names and screaming, because they haven't yet developed the intellect to reason and parse out nuanced elements of issues and see that there are other points of view besides their own?

Well, that's the modern Left.
Unlike the dignified and emotionally mature Right, who never use terms like "cuck" or "SJW" or any of that bullshit.

Unlike the dignified and emotionally mature Right, who never use terms like "cuck" or "SJW" or any of that bullshit.
Agreed. Well said. I knew you'd come around.

Moz's wonderful voice over a Gorillaz track would be great. But he's right - Moz is not a collaborator. Perish the thought.
Yeah there's Interlude, as that scrote points out, but also with Thelma Houston on Bobby...unless you're saying that TH was a guest singer, & that generally speaking Moz is not a true collaborator?

Edit: I think our posts crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, let's tally it up... Morrissey's last album dropped like an iron turd. Gorillaz are surrounded by talented collaborators, and their latest is doing very well. And stupidness is an exceptionally kind way of saying "career-sabotaging assholism."

I love how any opinion that isn't completely pro-diversity or isn't blindly all-in with the Left's narrative is automatically binned as "stupid."

That should tell you something. You know how when little kids argue with each other, they just immediately start calling each other names and screaming, because they haven't yet developed the intellect to reason and parse out nuanced elements of issues and see that there are other points of view besides their own?

Well, that's the modern Left.
Or- funnily, this sort of ongoing behavior has never been tolerated by decent people with intelligence and the integrity to go along with it. He's a relic of a dead age, as is his contemptible behavior. People are fed up and voting with their dollars. And it would appear that Morrissey is losing that vote in a landslide. But he'll just cry fake news and blame someone else, never taking any responsibility for his statements or actions. Kind of like a certain bloated orange toad that is facing similar contempt and abandonment for his behavior in America. I'm starting to think they're long lost brothers at this point.

Yeah there's Interlude, as that scrote points out, but also with Thelma Houston on Bobby...unless you're saying that generally speaking he's not a true collaborator?

Edit: I think our posts crossed.

They did indeed cross. He has worked with several singers and producers - but true collaboration, not really. The Derek Jarman 'Queen Is Dead' films perhaps might count, but again, far from true collaboration as Derek basically did his own thing based on the music.

Damon should stick to making his sub-par world music and embracing multiculturalism since he hates his own race so much..... "Colchester was hideously white".

Or- funnily, this sort of ongoing behavior has never been tolerated by decent people with intelligence and the integrity to go along with it. He's a relic of a dead age, as is his contemptible behavior. People are fed up and voting with their dollars. And it would appear that Morrissey is losing that vote in a landslide. But he'll just cry fake news and blame someone else, never taking any responsibility for his statements or actions. Kind of like a certain bloated orange toad that is facing similar contempt and abandonment for his behavior in America. I'm starting to think they're long lost brothers at this point.
Spot on. Never explain, never apologise, hope that the acolytes will put more green in his account.

But those days are over. If he wants more dosh, he's going to have to perform at least 2 reverse ferrets. And like Trump, he does not like being labelled as a loser, which Trump may well be in a few weeks.

Jesus Christ has Uncle Skinny set up another account? Why do these weirdos bother? Have they seriously nothing better to do with their seemingly empty lives?

When did he seriously go off the rails do we think? I’d say he totally jumped the shark around the time of autobiography. Big shame because he’s released some amazing music since then. I’d be interested to hear when other people think it was
Around Ringleader. He started buying his own mythology and becoming a queasy, ill tempered caricature of his former self. I noticed after three Morrissey shows in a row where he seemed almost angry to be there. You could nearly see the invisible time clock at the side of the stage- clock in, run through the set (largely the same set over several tours) and clock out. It was not the celebratory joy onstage or off that I had previously associated with his concerts, and I saw my last one 5 years ago before saying enough is enough.

Spot on. Never explain, never apologise, hope that the acolytes will put more green in his account.

But those days are over. If he wants more dosh, he's going to have to perform at least 2 reverse ferrets. And like Trump, he does not like being labelled as a loser, which Trump may well be in a few weeks.
Troll A meets Troll B

Around Ringleader. He started buying his own mythology and becoming a queasy, ill tempered caricature of his former self. I noticed after three Morrissey shows in a row where he seemed almost angry to be there. You could nearly see the invisible time clock at the side of the stage- clock in, run through the set (largely the same set over several tours) and clock out. It was not the celebratory joy onstage or off that I had previously associated with his concerts, and I saw my last one 5 years ago before saying enough is enough.
Which is essentially contractual obligation - I've got your money, tough shit, I'm off.

Always about the money. Always was, still is, and nothing else matters for him. Nothing.

Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's exhausting to see the same 8 people here having "deep" and analytical posts about world politics, movements and so on. Then come the others having a discussion about these topics, thinking they represent people who listen(ed) to Morrissey (plus the usual village idiots, but let's not waste any word on them).
In actual fact Morrissey's audience couldn't care less about what he thinks about left/right, Anne Marie Walters, the muslims, or what the Guardian writes about him. He just made an ass himself with things as the Spiegel fiasco, his idiotic, insensitive comments about the Breyvik massacre and so on. While he thinks he is some sort of wise spokesperson. He is far from it and people just give up on him and turn to other, intelligent artists.

We all certainly hope so. I don't expect Biden will be great at the job, but it's about damage control at this point. And the damage is too great for any sensible person to ignore. (again, parallels to Morrissey...)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom