Votes: 31 88.6%

• Total voters

Daddy Cool

Dodgy Fool-san
cameron-airbrushed.jpg

Our next PM.

Good or bad?

Re: David Cameron

Did you just add "Cameron" to the title?
I could have sworn that it just said "Dave" a few minutes ago.

But, I did just have a beer, so I might be a little :crazy:

It did just say Dave. In a deliberate attempt to be vague and increase the number of people who would look at the thread and vote on the poll and contribute to the conversation. Obviously a bad idea.

cameron-airbrushed.jpg

Our next PM.

Good or bad?

Can't help but think he looks like Postman Post
p-postmanpat-sds3.gif

The Tory's will probably win. The nation will realise the mistake they've made. And Labour will win next time round (I am the eternal optimist).

Dave

The Tory's will probably win. The nation will realise the mistake they've made. And Labour will win next time round (I am the eternal optimist).

Dave

But isn't that the same logic behind people not voting for Labour this time?

But isn't that the same logic behind people not voting for Labour this time?

I've no idea how old you are, so I'm not trying to patronise you, or anyone else... however, there's a standard A-level Politics question (or at least there was in my day) that asks "Do governments loose elections, or do opposition parties win elections?". It used to be phrased as "Why can't Labour win?" - until they won...

In the majority of cases, the balance or the argument would be that governments loose them. There's an argument that Blair put such a solid performance in 1997 that New Labour won in 1997, but to be honest the Major government was on its arse.

My feelings at the moments are that Labour under Brown has simply run out of steam. It's not at all clear why Labour are in Government. Policy is made on the hoof dependent upon who last spoke the the PM or what the latest focus group has said. Even though I'm a died in the wool Labour supporter, I fear that that they have performed so badly that they deserve to loose the next election.

But I think that people are turning to Cameron's Conservatives out of frustration at Labour, not because of a commitment to him or the party. So, in that sense, it's not clear that they deserve to win.

So, govt deserves to loose. Opposition don't deserve to win. Country looks forward to 4 or 5 years of inept governance. My hope is the Labour finds its way again. Remembers what its about. Remembers how to win elections and remembers how to govern.

Dave

ps: Don't get me started on the Lib Dems - f***ing Gang of Four splitters - whilst we have a first-past-the-post electoral system the third party will remain irrelevant. Instead of splitting the opposition to Thatcher and thus ensuring she stayed in power a lot longer than she should have, they could have stayed in the Labour Party and achieved a lot more of their aspirations...

Some good might come of a Tory victory then even if not in their four years.

If the attitudes of the members here are anything to go by, no one will have switched sides. In which case the Tories would simply be relying on the former Labour voters to vote for Lib Dem or spoil their papers this year. Obviously that's not the case.

He really frightens me, he has the polished looks and mannerisms of a robot. Labour seem to have just given up (much like my beloved Liverpool :()...but however sick to death of Labour I am, i will never vote Tory *spits*

I can't think of anything worse and plan to spend every spare minute between now and the election knocking on doors and delivering leaflets to try to prevent it. I would encourage you to do the same.

Don't even get me going on the so called passion for the Smiths!!

Cameron+lads.jpg

If the Tories win, that's me heading to the nearest airport:thumb:

I tend to agree with Dave2006...... 'New Labour' (which is old Tory) have ran out of steam...... trouble is the Tory's are what? We know nothing of their policies - all we know is whatever Labour say they object to without tekling us the alternatives.
Two shite parties neither of whom deserve our vote.... but who else is there?

Apathy in The UK......

Jukebox Jury

... but who else is there?

Jukebox Jury

Alright, I can take a hint - I'll do it.

I'll need £5 million, some TV time, a home in central London and a hareem of beautiful prostitutes. And access to a photocopier so I can run off some leaflets.

Make it so.

I'll need £5 million, some TV time, a home in central London and a hareem of beautiful prostitutes. And access to a photocopier so I can run off some leaflets.

Make it so.

As long as you give me all your receipts for me to verify for accounting purposes:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Make it so.

And a duck house.

I think that was the cutest of all the claims, I actually liked that MP for having such a thing.

As long as you give me all your receipts for me to verify for accounting purposes:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

All recent receipts are on a spike, older ones are kept in a fat envelope.

And a duck house.

I think that was the cutest of all the claims, I actually liked that MP for having such a thing.

I am curious to know how a "duck house" differs from a garden shed. In any case, I'll have one of each.

Tags
dc4pm tory twat warlock pm
Back
Top Bottom