Dave Grohl compares Billie Eilish to Morrissey while discussing her music with Josh Homme - NME

Dave Grohl compares Billie Eilish to Morrissey while discussing her music with Josh Homme - NME

Excerpt:

The Foo Fighters frontman revealed he was a fan of the ‘Bad Guy’ pop star earlier this year, after his daughter began listening to her music. “Are you kidding?” Eilish said in response, explaining that she grew up on Grohl’s work.

Appearing on Josh Homme’s Alligator Hour radio show, the musician has now compared Eilish’s fanbase to that of the former Smiths singer – explaining how seeing her live for the first time “felt like you were a part of something that was just about to explode”.

“It’s the connection she has with her audience – she’s like Morrissey,” said Grohl. “It’s like the kids who are there at the show, and not just kids, the people that are there are just like they are so into the scene like that world.”

Homme, who said he listened to the singer on the recommendation of Grohl, agreed with the praise. “Yeah, something is starting,” he said of Eilish’s impact.

Untitled-9-620x394.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, Billie Eilish represents everything that Morrissey hates in modern music.
Don't know anything about her live act through.

Why did Dave Grohl compare Billie Eilish to Morrissey? Has Billie also been falsely accused of being racist like Morrissey has?

I listened to her latest album. Scratch that. I tried listening to it. It just rings as superficial weirdness with no substance whatsoever. Painfully try hard. Of course she'll "explode" but it won't be for the reasons he's thinking of. My bullshit detector went off when I heard her music and it's going of now hearing Grohl's comments. She may have fooled Dave Grohl but she doesn't fool me.

Last edited:

:lbf: Old folks wanna see something explode something as interesting as punk, Bowie, or another Morrissey to happen,
sorry, but it WONT.

doh:

Last edited:

Oh and here’s fans reacting to B.Eilish just in case you can’t tell them apart ;)

Why did Dave Grohl compare Billie Eilish to Morrissey? Has Billie also been falsely accused of being racist like Morrissey has?
Why did David Grohl compare Billy Eilish to Morrissey? Has Billy also got a "fan" base who can no longer think as individuals but have become a parody of Main Stream Media propaganda Propaganda - "information, especially. of a biased or misleading nature used to promote a political cause or point of view.". Morrissey has more class than either of the above mentioned "artists" and the majority of the people on this site.

There's a feeling I get when I listen to her or watch Billie moments on film. It's a kind of joy I can't get from anything else.

I love how empowered she makes me feel whenever I listen to any songs. I can cry and listen to any songs of hers. I can cry when I hear her voice crack because she's crying too. I can listen to these songs on loop and never get tired of it. Every part of her is too amazing to be simpled up into a genre. She can cry, smile and joke almost right after, and that shows how strong she is. She sings with her fans in concerts and jumps around. She doesn't care how people think of her, but at the same time will speak out for other people. Her personality and music just screams "Billie Eilish". I'm so lucky to have discovered her and be alive and be able to witness all of this.

Coming next... a video by the youtuber Anne Marie Waters saying: "Dave Grohl compared Billie Eilish to Morrissey. I don't know who is Billie Eilish, but she supports For Britain. Don't invisibilize me, Grohl, she supports For Britain. Remember, For Britain. What else I had to say? Oh, yes, For Britain. What the hell I was talking about? I forgot it, but anyway... For Britain, For Britain... I was meant to say For Britain at least seven times in this video, so I will say it again in a pointless way: For Britain... and that's what I had to say. Did I mention For Britain already? Thank you Billie Grohl and, anyway, I want to say For Britain once more. We are not getting votes, but we are selling pins. For Britain".

any singer who holds the microphone towards the audience is a total fraud,your job is to sing not let the audience do it for you,robbie williams can go through a whole concert without completing a whole song,its usually to hide a high note or your just shit live.

Coming next... a video by the youtuber Anne Marie Waters saying: "Dave Grohl compared Billie Eilish to Morrissey. I don't know who is Billie Eilish, but she supports For Britain. Don't invisibilize me, Grohl, she supports For Britain. Remember, For Britain. What else I had to say? Oh, yes, For Britain. What the hell I was talking about? I forgot it, but anyway... For Britain, For Britain... I was meant to say For Britain at least seven times in this video, so I will say it again in a pointless way: For Britain... and that's what I had to say. Did I mention For Britain already? Thank you Billie Grohl and, anyway, I want to say For Britain once more. We are not getting votes, but we are selling pins. For Britain".
anybody who mentions for Britain 11 times in one post might be accused of having something against them,you don't say.

watched that video above,that lassie canny sing.she is awful and I like to give people a chance,tries to be indie but it just feels so manufactured.

anybody who mentions for Britain 11 times in one post might be accused of having something against them,you don't say.

I thought the last "Morrissey video" by Waters was quite absurd. She was mostly angry because the media got obsessed with Morrissey, but such thing didn't involve many mentions of "For Britain".
I honestly found it childish... And a desperate attempt to use Morrissey as to get some attention.

It's easier to try and work out what musicians/performers aren't "industry plants". Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, etc, etc... are all vapid, say nothing, glorified hacks.

watched that video above,that lassie canny sing.she is awful and I like to give people a chance,tries to be indie but it just feels so manufactured.
Her brother is co-writer of all she does and he was in U.S musical show Glee - i think that says a lot about how manufactured she is .
Its record industry box ticking and music for the self harming generation

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom