David Bowie dies at 69

"I heard a rumour from ground control- oh no, don't say it's true"

So shocked. I always knew of him and how vital he was but somehow didn't really start listening and understanding until I was about 18. His magnitude was such that it always felt like he'd go on forever. Reminds you just how short life is and how important it is to not hold back on how you live it. 69 is young by today's standards but Christ did he fit a lot into those years. RIP.

It must be hard to swallow when you see the wizard of Moz exposed and busted for being a total Crankfraud but that's just the way it is ! Sorry !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I never mentioned Morrissey. I'm talking about you. You are mentally ill. And a boring bastard. Never a good mix.

Visconti's statement on Facebook is really bringing on the waterworks...

cQ1rp8Dl.jpg

Perfect.

Why the clamour for Morrissey to say anything at all. If he wants to thats fine but he doesn't then thats fine too and nothing to do with anyone on here.

What a shock, I'm devastated today. Bowie was a huge part of my life, I grew up with him in the 70's and bought everything he released. His influence and talent is immesurable.

Why the clamour for Morrissey to say anything at all. If he wants to thats fine but he doesn't then thats fine too and nothing to do with anyone on here.

And it will be a trap for Moz. They will moan if he doesn't make a statement and if he makes one the will say that he's a hypocrite because he criticized Bowie in the past. :(

Agreed. In fact probably better if he doesn't, it will just be fodder to get picked apart here. Process this in your own way and stop waiting for Morrissey to tell you how to feel.

Here is a concept Morrissey definitely picked up from Bowie:

"My reason for performing is not to please an audience. It’s to present what I believe are exciting new ideas. I definitely won’t bore an audience. If you want to go with what I’m doing, you will be entertained. But on the other hand, I’m not there to be just kind of a walking jukebox for you."

-David Bowie, 1997, Entertainnent Weekly

"My reason for performing is not to please an audience. It’s to present what I believe are exciting new ideas. I definitely won’t bore an audience. If you want to go with what I’m doing, you will be entertained. But on the other hand, I’m not there to be just kind of a walking jukebox for you."

But Morrissey is just that - a walking box (and a stiflingly boring and predictable one)

Can you provide an earlier quote about that "concept" from Bowie? The first time I remember Moz saying something similar was in an 1989 interview with Mat Snow. Apart from that "not being on stage to please an audience" is hardly unique to Bowie. There were many artists like that in history.

I don't know what is sadder - the loss of a musical, creative genius or the personality disordered types here capitalising on it for their own twisted agendas to make a 'point' on a Morrissey site. The general level of insight in to their own behaviour is desperately low on the best of days - get well soon all the idiots hijacking the death of a legend so they can validate their own dog shit view of the world.
Bletch.
FWD

Can you provide an earlier quote about that "concept" from Bowie? The first time I remember Moz saying something similar was in an 1989 interview with Mat Snow. Apart from that "not being on stage to please an audience" is hardly unique to Bowie. There were many artists like that in history.

I didn't mean that Morrissey has ever referenced or even read this particular quote from Bowie. I only meant that, like Bowie and other genuine artists in history, Morrissey presents what he wants to present in concert (often more recent material, or controversial material, or covers, or obscurities from his back catalogue). Meaning, outside of 3-5 songs, not generally a lot of traditional crowd pleasers. I saw that Bowie quote today in passing and immediately thought of Moz

Really don't know why I'm explaining this. It didn't seem like a very difficult post to comprehend, to be honest.

I didn't mean that Morrissey has ever referenced or even read this particular quote from Bowie. I only meant that, like Bowie and other genuine artists in history, Morrissey presents what he wants to present in concert (often more recent material, or controversial material, or covers, or obscurities from his back catalogue). Meaning, outside of 3-5 songs, not generally a lot of traditional crowd pleasers. I saw that Bowie quote today in passing and immediately thought of Moz

Really don't know why I'm explaining this. It didn't seem like a very difficult post to comprehend, to be honest.

Thank you for explaining, although you don't know why you did it :D Much appreciated. I probably read it in a hurry and something got lost in my brain. Sorry. Moz was certainly influenced by Bowie but they are actually SO different artists, really. For example, all the famous names I read today who were friends with Bowie. Really big names, not some local radio moderator, minor comedian, unknown musician or mere mortal. In comparison with Bowie he really has not many big famous names on his friend list. I kind of like that. Can you imagine all that happening when Moz dies?

Favorite quote on Bowie from Autobiography:

I meet David Bowie for breakfast at a discreet restaurant at the foot of the Hollywood Hills. Both standing at the buffet with our empty plates, David hovers over what are horrifically called ‘cold cuts’. I nestle up beside him. ‘David, you’re not actually going to eat that stuff, are you?’ Rumbled, he snaps: ‘Oh, you must be HELL to live with.’ ‘Yes, I am,’ I say proudly, as David changes course and sidles off towards the fruit salad, and another soul is saved from the burning fires of self-imposed eternal damnation.

David quietly tells me, ‘You know, I’ve had so much sex and drugs that I can’t believe I’m still alive,’ and I loudly tell him, ‘You know, I’ve had SO LITTLE sex and drugs that I can’t believe I’m still alive.’

I don't know what is sadder - the loss of a musical, creative genius or the personality disordered types here capitalising on it for their own twisted agendas to make a 'point' on a Morrissey site. The general level of insight in to their own behaviour is desperately low on the best of days - get well soon all the idiots hijacking the death of a legend so they can validate their own dog shit view of the world.
Bletch.
FWD

You may glean some insight from crapulent avatar, my friend. HAPPY NEW YOU!

Favorite quote on Bowie from Autobiography:

I meet David Bowie for breakfast at a discreet restaurant at the foot of the Hollywood Hills. Both standing at the buffet with our empty plates, David hovers over what are horrifically called ‘cold cuts’. I nestle up beside him. ‘David, you’re not actually going to eat that stuff, are you?’ Rumbled, he snaps: ‘Oh, you must be HELL to live with.’ ‘Yes, I am,’ I say proudly, as David changes course and sidles off towards the fruit salad, and another soul is saved from the burning fires of self-imposed eternal damnation.

David quietly tells me, ‘You know, I’ve had so much sex and drugs that I can’t believe I’m still alive,’ and I loudly tell him, ‘You know, I’ve had SO LITTLE sex and drugs that I can’t believe I’m still alive.’

:rofl: :mock:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom