David Cameron is PM

I grew up in a mining community, my Dad was a miner in a mining community & we're both quite happy that New Labour got stuffed. A Tory Government is not the by-product we would have selected but we're also intelligent enough to realise that Thatcher was over 20 years ago & we also saw how much Labour had to move to the right to get collected. So we're also intelligent enough to know that it's possible for an organisation to change in many ways over a long enough time period.

So myself, my Dad, my Mum (hates the Unions, voted Tory since the strike [not everyone blames Thatcher, many blame Scargill]) & my siblings who all grew up in a mining community would appreciate you not telling us what we think.

There probably will be another election within the year though.

OK well I apologise for speaking on your behalf (not exactly telling you what you think if you saw it that way?), a bit hypocritical of me really to then criticise Reelaround for doing the same to me...

OK well I apologise for speaking on your behalf (not exactly telling you what you think if you saw it that way?), a bit hypocritical of me really to then criticise Reelaround for doing the same to me...

Thank you.

I didn't mean 'telling me what I think' but I couldn't think of any other way to word it that wouldn't suggest that I was telling everyone who lived in a mining community what they think.

Oh, the irony!

PS Harriet Harman is now the Leader of the Labour party. Which tells you all you need to know about why, for the good of themselves more than anyone else, Labour HAD to go.

Tell me, what's wrong with having Harriet in charge?

She's one of the longest serving MPs in the HoC - probably the longest serving female MP to boot. Ex leader of Liberty - had to fight against the government and won in a human rights case. Very long standing champion of equalities issues - I doubt we'd have such things as Civil Partnerships without Harriet's persistence.

Whilst admitting that she's also made some mistakes along the way; all in all I think she's an excellent leader for a political party, even if she doesn't want the job long term.

Compare her experience with, say, Cameron & Clegg...

I think that most female politicians get a rough ride from the press - mainly male editors of fleet street that feel intimidated by powerful women - Harriet gets it more than most (Harriet Harperson) because she's passionate enough to stick her head above the parapet.

Dave

Clegg isn't Pm,only deputy Pm.
yes i know he isnt Pm!
I just forgot the word deputy when typing clegg.
but what i meant to say since he is deputy prime PM he could counterbalance th conserative views/actions of cameron

yes i know he isnt Pm!
I just forgot the word deputy when typing clegg.
but what i meant to say since he is deputy prime PM he could counterbalance th conserative views/actions of cameron

Yes,hopefully the Libs can put a handbrake on some of the Tories' more radical plans.

Yes,hopefully the Libs can put a handbrake on some of the Tories' more radical plans.

Tell us anon x,what are these "radical plans"that Cameron and his evil henchmen have in place since they and their jack-booted cohorts marched triumphantly into no.10?

Tell us anon x,what are these "radical plans"that Cameron and his evil henchmen have in place since they and their jack-booted cohorts marched triumphantly into no.10?

Wait till Chooper Osbourne gets to have his budget in a few weeks...

If you want a radical (or rather, potty) policy... They want to scrap over 4000 Children Centre workers and replace them with 4200 health visitors. Problem being that there is currently a national shortage of health visitors... that it takes four years to train one - or a full year for a qualified nurse to train as one, but, hang on, that means less nurses... oh. Bugger.

And if you can tell me what this means (from p38 of their manifesto) I'd be grateful, because as far as I can see its gibberish:
  • develop a measure of well-being that encapsulates the social value of state action
wtf???

And, Eric Pickles as Communities and Local Government Secretary - Give me strength - apparently he's 'very experienced' as he led Bradford City Council for 3 years up to 1991 (remember the height of the poll tax) he tapped staff phone calls as an efficiency measure to stamp out staff from making personal phone calls... If you live in a community (don't we all?) or work in local government, I'd be afraid, I'd be very afraid.

They need to make something like £60Billion worth of cuts. They haven't got a clue.

I just hope that none of us need a hospital, or a police officer, or a care worker, or a planner, or wants to study, or needs childcare, or needs to catch a bus, or finds themselves unemployed... because with the Con Dems in charge - we're f****d.

Dave

Wait till Chooper Osbourne gets to have his budget in a few weeks...

If you want a radical (or rather, potty) policy... They want to scrap over 4000 Children Centre workers and replace them with 4200 health visitors. Problem being that there is currently a national shortage of health visitors... that it takes four years to train one - or a full year for a qualified nurse to train as one, but, hang on, that means less nurses... oh. Bugger.

And if you can tell me what this means (from p38 of their manifesto) I'd be grateful, because as far as I can see its gibberish:
  • develop a measure of well-being that encapsulates the social value of state action
wtf???

And, Eric Pickles as Communities and Local Government Secretary - Give me strength - apparently he's 'very experienced' as he led Bradford City Council for 3 years up to 1991 (remember the height of the poll tax) he tapped staff phone calls as an efficiency measure to stamp out staff from making personal phone calls... If you live in a community (don't we all?) or work in local government, I'd be afraid, I'd be very afraid.

They need to make something like £60Billion worth of cuts. They haven't got a clue.

I just hope that none of us need a hospital, or a police officer, or a care worker, or a planner, or wants to study, or needs childcare, or needs to catch a bus, or finds themselves unemployed... because with the Con Dems in charge - we're f****d.

Dave

You got as far as page 38 of their manifesto? You need to get out more.
And after reading your post Dave ,I fear mass suicide among out of work bus users with kids who read a lot.We're all doomed Dave,doomed!
And whats a chooper?

Last edited:
You got as far as page 38 of their manifesto? You need to get out more.
And after reading your post Dave ,I fear mass suicide among out of work bus users with kids who read a lot.We're all doomed Dave,doomed!
And whats a chooper?

Chooper.... sounds like pooper scooper... which suggest how highly I hold Mr Osbourne.

p38 wasn't my favourite page, I loved p32 - it has nothing to do with what the Tories want to do, it's just an advert for Aberystwyth :confused:

Dave

Well so far the LibDems have managed to get the tax threshold raised to £10,000, the tories have failed to cut inheritance tax and now there will be a referendum on electoral reform.

(The 55% majority rule is also undemocratic.)

Well so far the LibDems have managed to get the tax threshold raised to £10,000, the tories have failed to cut inheritance tax and now there will be a referendum on electoral reform.

(The 55% majority rule is also undemocratic.)

Well thats it then,Im gonna flee the country while I still can.
Goodbye and good luck

What has the Government got to do with catching a bus? They're all privatised now after all.

I know some bus routes are authority funded but not that many. On the subject of public transport, I believe that both parites gave a commitment to a new high speed rail line (a 'commitment' isn't worth much admittedly) Do these massive cuts that are coming meant the DfT will stop messing around with things for fun?

And as for Eric Pickles tapping phone lines, well that's nasty but certainly no worse than anything Labour did with regards to civil liberties.

As for increasing the tax threshold. Well, having hundreds of thousands of low paid workers pay less tax is just inherently evil isn't it?

Last edited:
What has the Government got to do with catching a bus? They're all privatised now after all.

I know some bus routes are authority funded but not that many. On the subject of public transport, I believe that both parites gave a commitment to a new high speed rail line (a 'commitment' isn't worth much admittedly) Do these massive cuts that are coming meant the DfT will stop messing around with things for fun?

And as for Eric Pickles tapping phone lines, well that's nasty but certainly no worse than anything Labour did with regards to civil liberties.

As for increasing the tax threshold. Well, having hundreds of thousands of low paid workers pay less tax is just inherently evil isn't it?

So few bus routes are economically viable, I'm afraid. If the only buses that ran were profitable they would only run in cities around rush hour - those in rural areas, small towns, those that go across town rather than in and out of town and those that run in the evenings are pretty much all subsidised.

An easy thing for the govt would be to cut funding to the Passenger Transport Executives across the country, let the market take over, afterall, who would complain? Poor people who use buses? Well, they didn't vote for us so why should we give a toss!

And, how long before the Tories remove free bus passes for older people?

Dave

:confused:
The Tories opposed that ,it was the libdems that got that concession.

So what you're admitting there is that considering Labour were about to, in effect, put income tax up; the coalition is already better than the previous adminsitration?

Last edited:
So few bus routes are economically viable, I'm afraid. If the only buses that ran were profitable they would only run in cities around rush hour - those in rural areas, small towns, those that go across town rather than in and out of town and those that run in the evenings are pretty much all subsidised.

An easy thing for the govt would be to cut funding to the Passenger Transport Executives across the country, let the market take over, afterall, who would complain? Poor people who use buses? Well, they didn't vote for us so why should we give a toss!

And, how long before the Tories remove free bus passes for older people?

Dave

They should remove the free bus passes for older people. Biggest single expense in Manchester City Council boundaries last year was the concessionary pass scheme. £86million in Manchester alone.
There's no free pass for schoochildren even though they have to catch those buses by law. In Manchester, they used to have subsidised dedicated school buses, take a wild stab in the dark who got rid of them?

Funding for PTE's should be cut if GMPTE is anything to go by. One of their better tricks is to have one company run daytime services then when they put out to tender the subsidised evening service, make sure it's a different bus company running it. Why? Because GMPTE get more money from their integrated travel pass (ie some) than if they let one company run all services from a specific route. Screw the people, we want the money.

Stagecoach run the trams so why don't they sell a ticket for use on buses & trams? Because the contract with GMPTE specifically forbids them from doing so. Again GMPTE screwing the people to line their own pockets.

In fact, don't even get me started on MetrowhiteelephantLabourvanityprojectlink.

So what you're admitting there is that considering Labour were about to, in effect, put income tax up; the coalition is already better than the previous adminsitration?
No because they are about to raise National Insurance for Employees (but not employers) therefore negating any tax benefit I would think...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom