David McAlmont reveals 'Yes' was originally sent to Morrissey (interview at The Mouth Magazine)

An anonymous person writes:

In this podcast at the Mouth, David McAlmont (ie. half of McAlmont & Butler, and now half of Fingersnap) reveals that Bernard Butler originally sent the song 'Yes' to Morrissey, Kirsty MacColl and Julian Regan - and they all sent it back.

McAlmont was the fourth person to receive it.

He also briefly mentions 'catching up' years later on Morrissey and The Smiths "changing everything".

Good listen.

DAVID MCALMONT - The Mouth Magazine Mouthcast

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: David McAlmont reveals 'Yes' was originally sent to Morrissey (interview at The Mouth M

Hashtag this isn't news.

Fingersnap are boring. McAlmont/Nyman's "The Glare" was an enjoyable album.

Re: Article: David McAlmont reveals 'Yes' was originally sent to Morrissey (interview at The Mouth M

See also

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/109733-David-McAlmont

The "The Sound of McAlmont & Butler" comilation album is a great listen. I love the production on 'Yes'. Bernard played a support slot for Morrissey - the Drury Lane gig that's the extra CD on the new Vauxhall & I release.

I assume that you meant David, rather than Bernard. Just to pre-empt some people around here having heart-attacks/wetting themselves.

I was in the glittering West End that night. Can't recall that much about McCalmont, other than he had a belter of a voice that fitted very well with our surroundings.

I assume that you meant David, rather than Bernard. Just to pre-empt some people around here having heart-attacks/wetting themselves.

I was in the glittering West End that night. Can't recall that much about McCalmont, other than he had a belter of a voice that fitted very well with our surroundings.
I was at Drury Lane too! What I remember is bunch of fascist f***ers chanting along during NF Disco.

I was at Drury Lane too! What I remember is bunch of fascist f***ers chanting along during NF Disco.

Wow, I don't remember that. Were the fascist f***ers stalls boys? I was up in the circle. To tell the truth I don't remember much of the night, other than that Morrissey seemed flu-ish and wore a lovely lemon shirt. And feeling pissed off that we didn't get 'Shoplifters..' to finish the tour, cos of the stage siege morons. And I also saw David Bret in the gents (appropriately enough...)

Like I said, apparently David did a support slot for Morrissey once! :D

Stands chastened in the corner.

Like I said, apparently David did a support slot for Morrissey once! :D

Stands chastened in the corner.

I brought that up to David once on Facebook before I unfriended him — he bitchily replied with 'Don't believe everything you read,' as if his career post-Butler mattered.

It's a bit of a shit song, isn't it? It really isn't any wonder everyone rejected it...

Not quite sure how you go from something like "Stay Together" to "Yes" so quickly...

Wow, I don't remember that. Were the fascist f***ers stalls boys? I was up in the circle. To tell the truth I don't remember much of the night, other than that Morrissey seemed flu-ish and wore a lovely lemon shirt. And feeling pissed off that we didn't get 'Shoplifters..' to finish the tour, cos of the stage siege morons. And I also saw David Bret in the gents (appropriately enough...)
Actually, I was in the circle too.
There were only a bunch of the creeps and I was next to them so I guess it would have been easy not to have noticed.
I think it shame that Morrissey attracts this kind of fan.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom