David Morrissey on Morrissey's "Autobiography"

An anonymous person writes:

David Morrissey, the "Walking Dead" actor who will be doing the audio version of Autobiography, was interviewed by the AV Club and was asked about the experience of recording the audio book. He gave what I think is a nice, intelligent answer.

The Walking Dead’s David Morrissey on keeping secrets and surviving as the Governor - The A.V. Club

Excerpt:

AVC: You recently recorded the audiobook version of Autobiography, by singer-songwriter and former Smiths frontman Morrissey. As a longtime fan of his, what were you most surprised to learn while reading the book?

DM: He’s always had that tag of “miserable Morrissey,” and he certainly can indulge that side of himself. But his humor is unbelievable. I had to stop reading many times because I was laughing so much. His cutting wit is second to none. Not that that surprised me—the consistency of it is amazing. There’s something Wildean about his writing—his putdowns are genius. It was just constantly jumping out at me. He’s somebody who’s in a place now where he’s very secure in his life and his music and I think that security and that belief in himself comes through in the book. He challenges many things in the book, many aspects of his past. There’s a lot of anger toward the music press, but in such a witty way. I hope I’ve done it justice, because it’s such a wonderful book.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may amuse some of you.

When I was at secondary school I introduced some of my mates to Morrissey and the Smiths. One day we were sat outside in the sun when David Morrissey's brother, Anthony Morrissey (a teacher who we got on well with) came up to us & said, "what are you listening to lads?"

"Morrissey" came the reply. He smirked & said, "can't really argue with that now can I?"

Obviously the joke that day was in the name but little did we know that his brother (who we already knew was a famous & accomplished actor) would go on to narrate Morrissey's autobiography.

Small coincidences in life but I've never forgotten so you can imagine how I felt when I saw this post. If Anthony Morrissey read this he'd probably remember who we are too.

Happy times.

:clap:

"He’s somebody who’s in a place now where he’s very secure in his life and his music"

That's the typical arrogrance of any rich man.

Riches are fleeting. Billions have been taken from everybody to feed the banking system with their money to make the banking system stable for people like the both of them, so that their money is secure. All the poor people on this planet don't have to worry about the banking system, because they have nothing to lose. They have to worry about wages however to pay for basic needs and jobs and the rich men don't give a toss. Morrissey has been a rich man for 30 years now. He worries about chart positions and doesn't care how much money the printer in India gets for printing his Autobiography. Here is me hoping that it is Morrissey who didn't get a Penny, but this can be filed under dream on.

Hey, David Morrissey! You gonna advertise Turkey Twizzlers next? Did you have Big Macs for lunch whilst reading 440 pages of True To You spew? LOL! You're a good actor. He's a good singer. And you're both hypocritical wankers.

Hey, David Morrissey! You gonna advertise Turkey Twizzlers next? Did you have Big Macs for lunch whilst reading 440 pages of True To You spew? LOL! You're a good actor. He's a good singer. And you're both hypocritical wankers.

Can you explain how come David Morrissey is a hypocrite? :rolleyes:

It's up to Morrissey and Penguin to choose an actor to do audio book.
David was happy to accept their offer.

"He’s somebody who’s in a place now where he’s very secure in his life and his music"

That's the typical arrogrance of any rich man.

Riches are fleeting. Billions have been taken from everybody to feed the banking system with their money to make the banking system stable for people like the both of them, so that their money is secure. All the poor people on this planet don't have to worry about the banking system, because they have nothing to lose. They have to worry about wages however to pay for basic needs and jobs and the rich men don't give a toss. Morrissey has been a rich man for 30 years now. He worries about chart positions and doesn't care how much money the printer in India gets for printing his Autobiography. Here is me hoping that it is Morrissey who didn't get a Penny, but this can be filed under dream on.

Cyprus? Penny... I'm not that delusional after all...

He's a hypocrite because he voices vehement words from "Autoblahography" which puport to defend animal rights whilst having previously advertised a corporation who the author of those words regards as "worse than Norwegian mass murderers". His cognitive dissonance is almost as absurd as that of Morrissey, the Dairy Queen.

Trust that explains it succinctly. :rolleyes:

Morrissey and Penguin can choose an actor who has advertised McDonald's to read animal rights jargon from the book, David was happy to accept the offer: I'm happy to point out they've all shot themselves in the foot and are a bunch of hypocrites.

regards
BrummieBoy

Bummie boy u really make me laugh :crazy: talking of wankers , how's your chip on your shoulder lol :lbf:

He's a hypocrite because he voices vehement words from "Autoblahography" which puport to defend animal rights whilst having previously advertised a corporation who the author of those words regards as "worse than Norwegian mass murderers". His cognitive dissonance is almost as absurd as that of Morrissey, the Dairy Queen.

Morrissey and Penguin can choose an actor who has advertised McDonald's to read animal rights jargon from the book, David was happy to accept the offer: I'm happy to point out they've all shot themselves in the foot and are a bunch of hypocrites.

regards
BrummieBoy

What David Morrissey has advertised McDonalds ? :rolleyes:
If this is true then Bore-arse-ley really is losing the plot !

Dear oh dear what happened to morals and standards tut tut !

Benny-the-Butcher

I suspect this great book (OW) would be proud. I read it twice (and may read again it was so beautiful) but for now am reading Anjelica Huston's book, it is another great read, 2013 has had at least 2 great books published! For the UK this is beyond amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

They say make em love you in your pocket, well trust Moz feels the love from Penguin!

- - - Updated - - -

They say make em love you in your pocket, well trust Moz feels the love from Penguin!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, meant to say I suspect this great book is No1 this week again in Sunday Times list, am so busy in the real world am rushing posts!

I was thinking about how much funnier this book would have been if James Earl Jones read it...or Gilbert Gottfried!
Enjoy...I laughed so hard, I coughed up blood!

david morrissey is an actor, paid to read words written by somebody else.

if he's a hypocrite then every actor is a hypocrite.

Re: David Morrissey on Morrissey's "Autobiography"

david morrissey is an actor, paid to read words written by somebody else.

if he's a hypocrite then every actor is a hypocrite.

No, actors choose what roles they play, what auteurs they endorse. Actors are active agents in Art, or mercenary charlatans. His decision to read animal rights posturing having advertised McDonald's consigns his career to the dusbin. Alongside Morrissey's. Sorry, but my edict/fatwa is irrevocable and is now Law. Banish them to ignominy forthwith. So mote it be. Etc. Of course, David Morrissey could always face me over a beer to settle this. How likely is he to take up that challenge? With Morrissey hiding in the shadows with some hired rent thug bouncers? LOL!

BrummieBoy

- - - Updated - - -

Bummie boy u really make me laugh :crazy: talking of wankers , how's your chip on your shoulder lol :lbf:

the chip on my shoulder's fine as is my stiff dick: my balls-your chin.

I was thinking about how much funnier this book would have been if James Earl Jones read it...or Gilbert Gottfried!

Ultimate clip debunking the gentrification of S&M. I wonder is Morrissey realises what remix monsters might do with his 'spoken word'? It might get loud, although most people aren't bothered by his bonkersness now. I'd like to hear Kenneth Williams or Charles Hawtrey read the book, or at least large parts of it. Morrissey probably imagines that Joey Barton/Roy Keane would have loved to do the gig but were just..too busy..LOL! Oh, the sad sight of a beta trying to be alpha, and over 400 pages!

Is this what Crystal Geezer listens to whilst writhing naked on the carpet with her Morrissey LP sleeves? Whilst traumatised cats leap from open windows to a welcome doom to avoid any further exposure to the madness?

Is this what Crystal Geezer listens to whilst writhing naked on the carpet with her Morrissey LP sleeves? Whilst traumatised cats leap from open windows to a welcome doom to avoid any further exposure to the madness?

Ummm, I use cassette tape cases and I have a dog. Get your facts straight.

Ummm, I use cassette tape cases and I have a dog. Get your facts straight.

Nobody wants to know what you subject that dog to, other than the police and animal welfare maybe. Tie yourself up with cassette tape? Novel, cheaper than duct tape, but you'll still look awful. But, there's niche sites that cater to all tastes, so just market yourself a bit more keenly, forget the pop stars, try the ex-cons who've learned the freak zone sex with Viva in their cells.

regards
BrummieBoy

An actor by definition doesn't believe the script he is reading is real. David Morrissey can say whatever is written in that book without it having anything to do with him. Meanwhile I don't think hiring this actor makes Morrissey a hypocrite either, because I think to be a hypocrite there would have to be some expectation of ethics, morals, and an underlying consistent and coherent value system, and Morrissey does not have that. It's like saying a prostitute is a hypocrite because they don't care about their client personally. You don't expect them to.

David Morrissey, the "Walking Dead" actor who will be doing the audio version of Autobiography, was interviewed by the AV Club and was asked about the experience of recording the audio book. He gave what I think is a nice, intelligent answer.

Walking Dead spoiler alert...

I was happy to see David Morrissey (the Governor) die tonight. :flamethrow:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom