David thrown out of Copenhagen show! Question?

Wasn't David Tseng prevented from entering one of the California dates on the last tour? Don't remember much of a fuss that time around. He must be used to it by now, I would have thought. Fair play to the guy for carrying on in the face of adversity.
At the same time though, as an information provider/facilitator one has to accept some degree of responsibility for the fear and loathing that often seeps through around here. You can't just step back and say 'Oh that's the internet for ya' or 'All human life is here'. That argument is just a cop-out.

No I was not prevented. I got tickets to San Diego that happened to be pit and seeing how close it was I decided to move back. Security was looking at me when I was down there briefly but I was not thrown out. The seats I had in Copenhagen were in the balcony. I have never intended to cause a distraction or any problems.

No I was not prevented. I got tickets to San Diego that happened to be pit and seeing how close it was I decided to move back. Security was looking at me when I was down there briefly but I was not thrown out. The seats I had in Copenhagen were in the balcony. I have never intended to cause a distraction or any problems.
How does that make you feel about your commitment to the site? I guess you have to separate the man's talent from his behaviour. But putting up with the humiliating actions of Morrissey will not be good for your mental health. It might be worth taking a temporary break to consider things.

Thanks for clarifying David. It's good to hear from you direct on the matter. Have you had time to think about whether or not this will change anything for Morrissey-Solo?

I love the site and appreciate the effort you put into it - it's the pre-eminant source of Morrissey info on the internet, whether Morrissey agrees with it or not - but I can't help agree with those that say that the Anonymous comments and general air of hatred that now permeates it have changed it for the worst.

How does that make you feel about your commitment to the site? I guess you have to separate the man's talent from his behaviour. But putting up with the humiliating actions of Morrissey will not be good for your mental health. It might be worth taking a temporary break to consider things.

I continue to be committed to the site as long as there are people who find it useful. I still don't know exactly what about me or the site he has a problem with as he has never stated the reasons specifically.

Now I know for certain I am not welcome to shows I won't plan on attending any future dates. As a fan just like any other on the site, separate from the website operator, it's not a pleasant feeling.

Thanks for clarifying David. It's good to hear from you direct on the matter. Have you had time to think about whether or not this will change anything for Morrissey-Solo?

I love the site and appreciate the effort you put into it - it's the pre-eminant source of Morrissey info on the internet, whether Morrissey agrees with it or not - but I can't help agree with those that say that the Anonymous comments and general air of hatred that now permeates it have changed it for the worst.

I don't think much will change, nowadays I am focused on keeping the site running efficiently so it's more technical than anything. I don't know if anonymous comments are what Morrissey hates so much as he's never said, who knows, maybe it's the new color scheme? Anyway, I am keeping anonymous comments as I find that most are not that bad and some of the best comments are actually posted anonymously.

Re: MORRISSEY vs. David "SOLOW" Tseng - I CHOOSE MORRISSEY!

it cracks me up when people like cumtesse choose Tsolow over Morrissey himself. these internet forum member regulars are just internet junkies. admit it, you have no life, you're a tseng fan. Pathetic!

tsolow has had numerous chances to eliminate the trash lies that have been posted here. i hope julia can spot tseng at any show along with his goon moderators so that they can never attend. they don't belong, they are all losers, which is saying a lot.

morrissey will be just fine without you, all of you. his bank account is fine. you can't win.

if you had any guts, you'd shut this site down and create one that makes more sense. as it stands, tseng is to blame for it all and you get what you deserve and we are not yet finished.

I find it hysterical when people frequent this site only to condemn it constantly. Talk about an internet addict. You'd think if you hated the site, you'd go join up with the fawning hordes on one of those inferior replacement sites like AYNIM. Oh, that's right - you come here because all of the other sites are inferior. I forgot.

I find it hysterical when people frequent this site only to condemn it constantly. Talk about an internet addict. You'd think if you hated the site, you'd go join up with the fawning hordes on one of those inferior replacement sites like AYNIM. Oh, that's right - you come here because all of the other sites are inferior. I forgot.

If this site shuts down, everyone here goes to AYNIM and that site becomes like this one.

I don't think much will change, nowadays I am focused on keeping the site running efficiently so it's more technical than anything. I don't know if anonymous comments are what Morrissey hates so much as he's never said, who knows, maybe it's the new color scheme? Anyway, I am keeping anonymous comments as I find that most are not that bad and some of the best comments are actually posted anonymously.

Thanks. They're what I hate the most certainly but I don't think they are what Morrissey hates. I believe it's the reporting of 'bad' stories alongside 'good' that annoys him - which is a little silly; if you're a fan of Morrissey then you should be fan of the spikiness, the bristling and the plain rudeness as well as the wit, the lyrics and the voice - their part and parcel of the one man - and always have been.

But I think the "Does Anyone Even Like The New Songs?" and "Time To Hire A Songwriter?" Threads are what broke the camels back recently. To a casual observer - which Moz's posse obviously are - thread titles like that seem to show this site as only highlighting the negative, nevermind that there were numerous posters defending the songs and Morrissey in the threads themselves.

It's a sad state of affairs that this has come to pass and, as a person, I feel sorry for you for being singled out and removed. It couldn't have been nice.

I don't think M is too bothered by criticism
on here but a "fansite" that openly gives
links to enable stealing his work could well
upset a guy obsessed with chart positions.
Some of the more stalkerish posts would be another
possible reason for his dislike of here.

ps Morrissey the 23rd was always a dick of the
highest order

Apologies for my mistake, I heard wrong.

I continue to be committed to the site as long as there are people who find it useful. I still don't know exactly what about me or the site he has a problem with as he has never stated the reasons specifically.

From what I gather (as an only occasional reader of morrissey-solo), the website has been a bit of lifeline for both Morrissey and his fans, especially during his fallow periods. There's a quote from Nietzsche - "Great indebtedness does not make men grateful, but vengeful" ... or, translated for Morrissey fans - "We hate it when our friends make us successful" - since that success is somehow dimmed due to others helpfulness. Morrisey-solo has kept his boat afloat, and he can't forgive you for that. Morrissey's greatest fault is his petty vindictiveness.

David - I don't think the roles of fan and website operator can be separated. Also, remember that morrissey-solo is a community of the most fervent Morrissey fans. So in ejecting you, he has not only attacked you as a fan and website operator, but he has also attacked his most loyal fans. Just carrying on would not be the best way to handle the situation. I'm not sure what is, but it needs an imaginative response.

If this site shuts down, everyone here goes to AYNIM and that site becomes like this one.

Perish the thought of anyone going to that site.

I'm curious to see what will happen if the trolls head over there en masse. I don't think it will ever be as bad as this place, because the rules are clear, (& anonymous posting as a guest is allowed there right now FYI). However if enough trolls hit it at once it'll be hard to keep up on the moderation I would guess. At this point though any trolls, guest or registered user, are handled just fine I assume bc you just don't see the garbage there that this place is filled with. It is at this point a very good example of how an alternative site can be run with some decent standards of user behavior in place.

Now I know for certain I am not welcome to shows I won't plan on attending any future dates. As a fan just like any other on the site, separate from the website operator, it's not a pleasant feeling.

I think it's just the fact that you post the news uncensored that he finds most distasteful. For a man who has made a career out of carefully contrived public perception it must burn him up that fans have a forum where they have free access to information that he doesn't want them to know. One would certainly hope that he would try to be a better human being knowing that he can't control his universe any longer, but it seems he's chosen the opposite position: attacking anyone who dares to crack his facade. And now the sycophants have apparently joined in the feeding frenzy, trying to get images of other "infamous" fans to send to Morrissey's management so that people like me can be tossed out of the next show we attend. It certainly feels like a witch hunt - and against people who have supported Moz since the 80's, and only because we exercise our freedom to disagree with his actions or statements. Or to freely express when we think he writes songs that are parodies of his former glories.

I still passionately love Morrissey. He is still the most important artist of my life, and his words mean more to me than anything. He saved my life on many occasions and has given me some of the most amazing moments of my life, and he has influenced me in countless ways. And I will continue to update my websites and adore the old memories, and hopefully he'll release some good songs in the future that I will enjoy. However, my days of attending Morrissey concerts are over. I will not support a man who would have myself and my friends branded as enemies for simply wanting to share in our passion for Morrissey online, in an open, unfiltered manner.

This whole situation kinda reminds me of a song...

Papa Jack
in decline
feels inclined
to reach out
to the kids
he once had
who have flown
but there was a time
when the kids reached out
and Papa Jack just pushed them away

Perish the thought of anyone going to that site.

don't worry, skylarker, it will NEVER happen. moz would have to hire an seo expert and a social media savant in order for aynim to get the kind of rankings that solo has.

just cos some of them yes mens are ebay power sellers, or blogspot bloggers does not mean they have what it takes with which to aid and abet a smelly old tyrant in his quest for web supremacy.

alright, c*** face wozzles over here is signing off. over and out.

don't let moz be your example. love each other. you r but a blip in this space time continuum.

The situation must be terribly upsetting. This is difficult to read because for most, attending a gig (or some, or many) is the pinnacle moment of being a Morrissey fan.

Unfortunate days indeed. Thanks for all you do for the Morrissey community, David. I think many people would have packed it in ages ago, so your dedication is to be admired.

David,

You must be upset, what happened to you was highly unpleasant. On a human level, you don't deserve it. Being personally rejected by someone you love is just about the most painful thing there is.

But let's be honest, you allow this site to run unchecked, every day, spewing out bile and hatred so you can't really be that shocked that you've had to go for the chop - it's not about you, per se, it's about what you allow to happen on this site. The place is full of tosspots, so you're thrown out of a gig because of them. I don't see why in any sane world you should be responsible for every word posted here. But fact is, you are. It's your site. And it's a laughing stock (just look at the 2 Guardian articles in the last week, about the dog and the t shirt), and it's unique (not in a good way) in that I cannot think of one other artist fan site so filled with hatred for the artist.

This is what you created. And no, in response to you saying you'll keep it around if it's still 'useful' for fans - it isn't. Not like this. No-one wants you to shut it down. But you must get control of the tone of the place. I'm not suggested you censor comments, rather that you let people know that they need to PM each other to exchange hatred. If you can get the animals in here under control it would be better for the site, better for those of us who used to love coming here but can't come anymore because of the idiots, and, frankly, better for you. Said with love.

Liz x

Tags
tseng down
Back
Top Bottom