David thrown out of Copenhagen show! Question?

I don't think much will change, nowadays I am focused on keeping the site running efficiently so it's more technical than anything. I don't know if anonymous comments are what Morrissey hates so much as he's never said, who knows, maybe it's the new color scheme? Anyway, I am keeping anonymous comments as I find that most are not that bad and some of the best comments are actually posted anonymously.

David, I think of this site as a 'News Of The World' type of operation... there may be a dodgy undercurrent going on, but you can't beat it for exclusive latest news, scandal and gossip. Plus, it's more interesting than the 'official' shite on 'true to who?'.

Keep on truckin'.

Re: David deserved to be ejected by Morrissey.

I started to realise a long time ago that the music and the man were very different things. For someone as anti-authority and rebellious as Morrissey to do some of the things he does is the height of hypocrisy. This is just another example. If this has really offended you, do what I do. Stop posting about him, don't buy his albums or DVD's, skip all concerts and download any new music for free. I for one will not line the pockets of a hypocrite.

One thing is for sure, to punish the man who runs your largest promotional resource, free of charge, for the actions of others is disgusting. I like it when Morrissey's controversial, but this is just sad. He needs to be a man, accept that some people will always criticise you, and stop reading posts on a forum about him if he doesn't like to hear negative things.

I agree with most of what you've said. I'm through with Morrissey. He's become a bully and a thug, I'm very sorry to say. It's over.

I like coming to this site because it's got some really intelligent, thoughtful and interesting people (sprinkled among the loonies, it goes without saying).

Last edited:
Don't post often, but on behalf of the (almost) silent majority who just read your site, sorry to hear about your ejection David, and the underlying tension with Morrissey.

Over the years the site has been a great Mozza resource, so thank you.

Don't post often, but on behalf of the (almost) silent majority who just read your site, sorry to hear about your ejection David, and the underlying tension with Morrissey.

Over the years the site has been a great Mozza resource, so thank you.

Me too. Sorry DavidT. :(

Re: MORRISSEY vs. David "SOLOW" Tseng - I CHOOSE MORRISSEY!

Very well said. :clap:

David,

You must be upset, what happened to you was highly unpleasant. On a human level, you don't deserve it. Being personally rejected by someone you love is just about the most painful thing there is.

But let's be honest, you allow this site to run unchecked, every day, spewing out bile and hatred so you can't really be that shocked that you've had to go for the chop - it's not about you, per se, it's about what you allow to happen on this site. The place is full of tosspots, so you're thrown out of a gig because of them. I don't see why in any sane world you should be responsible for every word posted here. But fact is, you are. It's your site. And it's a laughing stock (just look at the 2 Guardian articles in the last week, about the dog and the t shirt), and it's unique (not in a good way) in that I cannot think of one other artist fan site so filled with hatred for the artist.

This is what you created. And no, in response to you saying you'll keep it around if it's still 'useful' for fans - it isn't. Not like this. No-one wants you to shut it down. But you must get control of the tone of the place. I'm not suggested you censor comments, rather that you let people know that they need to PM each other to exchange hatred. If you can get the animals in here under control it would be better for the site, better for those of us who used to love coming here but can't come anymore because of the idiots, and, frankly, better for you. Said with love.

Liz x

David,

You must be upset, what happened to you was highly unpleasant. On a human level, you don't deserve it. Being personally rejected by someone you love is just about the most painful thing there is.

But let's be honest, you allow this site to run unchecked, every day, spewing out bile and hatred so you can't really be that shocked that you've had to go for the chop - it's not about you, per se, it's about what you allow to happen on this site. The place is full of tosspots, so you're thrown out of a gig because of them. I don't see why in any sane world you should be responsible for every word posted here. But fact is, you are. It's your site. And it's a laughing stock (just look at the 2 Guardian articles in the last week, about the dog and the t shirt), and it's unique (not in a good way) in that I cannot think of one other artist fan site so filled with hatred for the artist.

This is what you created. And no, in response to you saying you'll keep it around if it's still 'useful' for fans - it isn't. Not like this. No-one wants you to shut it down. But you must get control of the tone of the place. I'm not suggested you censor comments, rather that you let people know that they need to PM each other to exchange hatred. If you can get the animals in here under control it would be better for the site, better for those of us who used to love coming here but can't come anymore because of the idiots, and, frankly, better for you. Said with love.

Liz x

Very well said. :clap:

Couldn't agree more.

Has he paid back DT money for the concert ticket?

Shame on you Steven.

This is the final nail in the coffin for me. I doubt I will spend any more money on Steven and his ego (that will hit you where it hurts…his pocket).

Viva Tseng

I came to that very same conclusion awhile ago. Just because you enjoy the music does not mean you have to like the artist. They do not go hand in hand.

Now i'm not defending Morrissey here, but did he personally ask for David to be ejected?

If he did then he should at least make sure David gets his money back, or make some kind of gesture to him.

If he didn't then it's no really his fault, although i'm sure he will be alerted to it soon. so should follow it up.

Now i know its not very nice, either way, but maybe its just karma... What goes around and all that, not that David personally has done anything, but what he allows to go on here, e.g..

The anonymous posters who spread vile crap

The threads such as "moz needs a new band"

The constant hatred that goes on towards moz here, in the minority but that often stands out more than majority of praise

The banning of members who were actually useful, providing links and knowledge ect ect

The lack of consistency with the banning, some members who are just full of hate are still here. I remeber when Moz collapsed a few years back, some of the comments from "fans" with 1000's of posts on here was horrible

Maybe it's time to take a big look at how things are run here, maybe even trying to contact Morrissey's people and see why he hates it so much and then maybe work with him instead of against him

Now i'm not defending Morrissey here, but did he personally ask for David to be ejected?

If he did then he should at least make sure David gets his money back, or make some kind of gesture to him.

If he didn't then it's no really his fault, although i'm sure he will be alerted to it soon. so should follow it up.

Now i know its not very nice, either way, but maybe its just karma... What goes around and all that, not that David personally has done anything, but what he allows to go on here, e.g..

The constant hatred that goes on towards moz here, in the minority but that often stands out more than majority of praise

The banning of members who were actually useful, providing links and knowledge ect ect

The lack of consistency with the banning, some members who are just full of hate are still here. I remeber when Moz collapsed a few years back, some of the comments from "fans" with 1000's of posts on here was horrible

Maybe it's time to take a big look at how things are run here, maybe even trying to contact Morrissey's people and see why he hates it so much and then maybe work with him instead of against him

Or maybe, just maybe it infuriates him that David is considered more of a source of unbiased and unfiltered information than the recording artist is. Morrissey must want an congratulatory, partial ever devoted site that does not critique his work or actions in any negative light. He behaves like a spoiled brat when things are not up to his expectations it seems.

Re:

What's wrong with having legitimate discussions?
I have no complain about current band members and fed up with Jesse bashing, but others have different opinions.

Re:

What's wrong with having legitimate discussions?
I have no complain about current band members and fed up with Jesse bashing, but others have different opinions.

Yes but surely threads like that to a new user, infrequent user is a bit off putting. I'm not saying everything and everybody should be praise praise praise, but just thinking about the wording of said threads should be looked at. Yes people can critisise morrissey if they want, but maybe they should do it in a more mild manner where they actually give a good argument instead of just saying "its shit its shit, jesse is shit" ect ect

Or maybe, just maybe it infuriates him that David is considered more of a source of unbiased and unfiltered information than the recording artist is. Morrissey must want an congratulatory, partial ever devoted site that does not critique his work or actions in any negative light. He behaves like a spoiled brat when things are not up to his expectations it seems.

See my response to kewpie.

I'm not defending him here just trying to answer why David was thrown out

Thing is, add a forum to true to you and he'd end up with the same comments. New songs are tossed out and the band is heavy handed at best, Jesse should go. It's not the messenger, its the message.

David,

Liz x

Bravo Liz, brilliant post!!

I love the man but you can't say a bad word against Morrissey nowadays, how pathetic. This site was the only place that back in Mr M's wilderness years was patient and nothing but a godsend. I don't know David T but I find his treatment very OTT.
I really don't bother as much on here nowadays but Morrissey as we know is big on opinions, disagree with him and he throws his dummy out. Royal family/Jamie Oliver/
George Alagiah?? Blah. As if there aren't greater evils in modern life...he's totally out of touch. People have bigger things to worry about, as in their jobs/finding work and keeping a roof over their head's under this current ghost government of Thatcher. Slate me all you like, I've bought his records/tickets/merchandise for long enough to have an opinion.
Sad day for me but I'm really not arsed anymore.

Reading through the various threads here, it seems that Morrissey is losing a fair amount of very long-term fans. I've been a fan since 1984 - how apropos considering the fascistic aspect of Morrissey's recent actions.

Viva Tseng.

it is possible that the decision was made and carried out by a few bad brain dead yes men without mozzer even knowing about it til after the fact.

if this is the case, then they should definitely all be fired.

See my response to kewpie.

I'm not defending him here just trying to answer why David was thrown out

I just read it now - however there are far greater threats at a show than David...

How many times has Morrissey played the Diva role and tried to make excuses for it? No excuse to throw David out. Right now I am very glad that someone gave me a copy of the last album and I was unable to go to the show in 2009. While I will give a listen to whatever comes in the next few years, he does not need my money.

i saw morrissey in leeds last week (9th time) and to be honest was 50/50 about going or not due to the recent childish outbursts and deluded behaviour, morrissey could have easily sent a representative from his enterage to go see davidt in private some time ago to raise his concerns about the decline of some of the standards in the posts etc maybe even with some suggestions on how to stop the slide (giving temp bans to offensive posters or having to re-register with a non web based email) for instance.
if it wasnt for the work of davidt etc morrisseys career would have been over before the 2002 tour, where would morrisseys world wide information outlet have been? the janice long show at 1am o a wed morning or would he have sent out everyone a good old fashioned telegram with the latest news? the fact is davidt has done more for the promotion of morrissey than morrissey has actually done himself! and if that comes at the cost of people having a view of the current band line up or laughing at boz cos hes fat then tough! in the words of sparks "lighten up morrissey" i think i just want the artist i have loved for so many years to just fade away now and i never thought i would say that, but maybe thats how people grow up- and some people just dont!

Tags
tseng down
Back
Top Bottom