David thrown out of Copenhagen show! Question?

throwing david out of the show is completely indefensible. saying that he is able to because it's his concert and he can do what he wants does NOT make what he did right. pretty shocked at how ridiculous this is. i thought the shirts were kinda funny, but this...

Crazy stuff. It'd be like Springsteen throwing Charles R Cross or Chris Phillips out of his gigs. Never gonna happen. Never.

Wow. Some people really don't understand the concept of a forum. It is not a place for sycophantic praise but a place for discussion and criticism. This means that the good, as well as the bad, will inevitably be mentioned. So what if people don't like his backing band, or are underwhelmed by the latest songs...they are simply opinions. Why is Morrissey trying to suppress this freedom of speech and expression?

Wow. Some people really don't understand the concept of a forum. It is not a place for sycophantic praise but a place for discussion and criticism. This means that the good, as well as the bad, will inevitably be mentioned. So what if people don't like his backing band, or are underwhelmed by the latest songs...they are simply opinions. Why is Morrissey trying to suppress this freedom of speech and expression?

Could be said YOU don't understand the concept of "criticism". Moz never said the throwing out was about his band or the new three songs that is the people guessing on here (its not as if its the first time his songs or band have been criticised on here). I think it may have helped push things along but I doubt that was the reason for what happened.

David why not have a democratic poll, sending the poll the users?

The questions could be like, do you think there should be anonymous posts? You don't have to even publish the results, they could be privately sent to you. I stopped coming here bc a lot of the abuse was put on me and I found it very unpleasant. In fact when I go to a show, I feel a little uncomfortable thinking this place represents everyone there.

Also, just to let everyone know, Morrissey is Irish/English. If you've ever spent time with the real people of those countries, they do like to fight and get in scruffs. Esp at perceoved insults. Its a different culture altogether.

Its not uncommon for people to be fighting verbally, throwin punches, and a group of guys to beat the crap out of someone for a perceived insult. I pretty much like the site for some things it is, but David got off easy. You could say you thought Morrissey was better. But fact is he's an Irish English dude from a working class area. I grew up in an American Irish English enclave, and believe me I got myself into a world of scraps. In a lot of ways I learned to fight there even tho I don't like to fight. When I visited england several times, was surprised to find out they sometimes took offense, but also they just saw things altogether differently than id assumed. Its a different culture.

I love that area of the world and not just bc of Morrissey. But it has its different elements. This being on of them for sure.

Knowing what I know, David, you might never get your answer. Unless maybe you bend a bit. id suggest don't be stubborn. We all know you're a great fan who deserves more than you got. But getting rid of anon comments isn't going to make the site less attractive to anyone. Its one peace lily to offer.

Anyway I hope it gets figured out. This place has been good in a lot of ways, but I agree maybe anon comments could be taken away. There's no basis for them.

Last edited:
David why not have a democratic poll, sending the poll the users?

The questions could be like, do you think there should be anonymous posts? You don't have to even publish the results, they could be privately sent to you. I stopped coming here bc a lot of the abuse was put on me and I found it very unpleasant. In fact when I go to a show, I feel a little uncomfortable thinking this place represents everyone there.

Also, just to let everyone know, Morrissey is Irish/English. If you've ever spent time with the real people of those countries, they do like to fight and get in scruffs. Esp at perceoved insults. Its a different culture altogether.

Its not uncommon for people to be fighting verbally, throwin punches, and a group of guys to beat the crap out of someone for a perceived insult. I pretty much like the site for some things it is, but David got off easy. You could say you thought Morrissey was better. But fact is he's an Irish English dude from a working class area. I grew up in an American Irish English enclave, and believe me I got myself into a world of scraps. In a lot of ways I learned to fight there even tho I don't like to fight. When I visited england several times, was surprised to find out they sometimes took offense, but also they just saw things altogether differently than id assumed. Its a different culture.

I love that area of the world and not just bc of Morrissey. But it has its different elements. This being on of them for sure.

Knowing what I know, David, you might never get your answer. Unless maybe you bend a bit. id suggest don't be stubborn. We all know you're a great fan who deserves more than you got. But getting rid of anon comments isn't going to make the site less attractive to anyone. Its one peace lily to offer.

Anyway I hope it gets figured out. This place has been good in a lot of ways, but I agree maybe anon comments could be taken away. There's no basis for them.

Blimey an American that understand a bot about English/Irish working class culture.... That is very rare on here.

Last edited:
Blimey an American that understand a bot about English/Irish working class culture.... That is very rare on here.

Lol well I got my ass kicked enough times to know davids approach isn't going to work. Even if he offers the peace lilly, therell still be some resentment for awhile. However if he's patient enough the relationship could be mended altho he might get his chops busted a cpl times here or there in a way a guy like david might not like. It all depends how important it is to him.

But I think that they view him responsible by proxy cuz its his website. And letting all the bad gossip and rumors fly like that is a sign of respect. Its something people do when they hate the person, so its (the website) being seen as a sign of disrespect. Cuz gossip and rumors are a sign that its on (a fight). Yea there's free speech to a point.

Ill bet david could be operating from american idea of freedom of speech, plus this websites his baby, plus he was a fan and how dissapointing to feel jilted or disrespected himself, plus morrisseys music is great and has such an appeal. Plus this website is amazing, as he said.

But morissey is a different kind of performer. He's got a large cult following. And even tho he doesn't know us personally and isn't out friend per se, he views us as his friends and possibly saw david as a friend. So being english and working class he and his band might see the dynamics of he and his culty following of friends a little differently and wanting to accord us and david respect but isn't seeing much of it back.

And given that like 8 yrs have gone by since the legal papers and all of us know how expensive joyce was, he'd appreciate some cooperation or at least a compromise, like switching anon comments off. Its really a small peace lilly to pay.

The great thing about peace lillies is it gives us an opportunity to let go of our ego. And can be really a great way to help us understand others, negotiate, and develop our business nature.

Anyway just trying to help. I see this problem and sincerely want to help david and the band somehow.

Lol well I got my ass kicked enough times to know davids approach isn't going to work. Even if he offers the peace lilly, therell still be some resentment for awhile. However if he's patient enough the relationship could be mended altho he might get his chops busted a cpl times here or there in a way a guy like david might not like. It all depends how important it is to him.

But I think that they view him responsible by proxy cuz its his website. And letting all the bad gossip and rumors fly like that is a sign of respect. Its something people do when they hate the person, so its (the website) being seen as a sign of disrespect. Cuz gossip and rumors are a sign that its on (a fight). Yea there's free speech to a point.

Ill bet david could be operating from american idea of freedom of speech, plus this websites his baby, plus he was a fan and how dissapointing to feel jilted or disrespected himself, plus morrisseys music is great and has such an appeal. Plus this website is amazing, as he said.

But morissey is a different kind of performer. He's got a large cult following. And even tho he doesn't know us personally and isn't out friend per se, he views us as his friends and possibly saw david as a friend. So being english and working class he and his band might see the dynamics of he and his culty following of friends a little differently and wanting to accord us and david respect but isn't seeing much of it back.

And given that like 8 yrs have gone by since the legal papers and all of us know how expensive joyce was, he'd appreciate some cooperation or at least a compromise, like switching anon comments off. Its really a small peace lilly to pay.

The great thing about peace lillies is it gives us an opportunity to let go of our ego. And can be really a great way to help us understand others, negotiate, and develop our business nature.

Anyway just trying to help. I see this problem and sincerely want to help david and the band somehow.

I was with you up to the bit about Morrissey seeing his fans as his friends he really doesn't, he certainly doesn't see David as one either- he has already got the lawyers on David (so I under stand).
Its not about just free speech, its about the leaked LPs, the LP that are in the shop that are on here to DL. Morrissey can take a wind up, but some of the things that get said about his friends,family and band are a bit much. Yes if you don't like something say so BUT don't aim to be cruel just for the sake of it. IT IS Davids site so David IS the one who is responsible.

I know one thing if someone owned a website that was taking money out of my pocket, saying cruel and hurtful things about me and my family etc..I wouldn't let them in my gig either- I see nothing wrong with this I really don't BUT of course its morrissey so we must blame him.
Yes he is a bitchy wind up merchant BUT how people who he has helped can turn on him like people do on here is beyond heartless.

Last edited:
I was with you up to the bit about Morrissey seeing his fans as his friends he really doesn't, he certainly doesn't see David as one either- he has already got the lawyers on David (so I under stand).
Its not about just free speech, its about the leaked LPs, the LP that are in the shop that are on here to DL. Morrissey can take a wind up, but some of the things that get said about his friends,family and band are a bit much. Yes if you don't like something say so BUT don't aim to be cruel just for the sake of it. IT IS Davids site so David IS the one who is responsible.

I know one thing if someone owned a website that was taking money out of my pocket, saying cruel and hurtful things about me and my family etc..I wouldn't let them in my gig either- I see nothing wrong with this I really don't BUT of course its morrissey so we must blame him.
Yes he is a bitchy wind up merchant BUT how people who he has helped can turn on him like people do on here is beyond heartless.

Hi murderdesire, I was just speculating how Morrissey feels about his fans. You're right I don't know. I appreciate your input regarding that.

It is true that I'm not sure how everyone can turn on Morrissey. Other than the public is fickle. They have good opinion and bad opinion and it can turn on a dime. There's so much hinging on it. Have u noticed how some ppl are even bringing up the middle east coup de tats? This is in everyones collective consciousness. So there's some weird vibes going around. Also this messageboard doesn't represent everyone, just the ppl who go here. I stopped going here awhile ago myself after being personally attacked.

However this is about assessing need, what does david need, what does morrissey need, and what do the fans need... I really feel sending the lawyers is the wrong thing to do. I personally think this website has been great in the past esp the wildnerness years, but its changed a lot, times have changed, morrisseys fans have changed, and there are even new different fans now. And david should consider adapting to these changes, like shutting anon comments off. This website has been great and served a purpose but now its time to adapt a little.

I also think, if they haven't morrissey and david should sit at a drawing table. And both should compromise a little, maybe even go thru testing phases. But morrissey shouldnt expect to have his way totally. Ppl do like a lot of basic things about the website.

Anyway that would be the ideal.

And I believe it would be nice if morrissey gave dave a compensation, if the drawing board works out to morrisseys liking. Maybe giving him free show tickets and allowing him to bring a friend (me please :)

Maybe david should consider removing the free stuff, I really don't think those things affect many sales. I never dl them to avoid viruses. I always buy my music. But maybe he could do that if it damages sales

As far as the hurtful things, I totally agree. Some of it is outrageous. Esp when I recently saw how carelessly a so-called fan could rip into Boz that way. Boz who has always been at the shows since I was 16. When I was flamed lng ago it got my blood pressure up and I felt devestated and depressed. Really not sure what to say, except putting anon comments would be good. Maybe letting some of the mods give out warnings.

But Morrissey should realize how much this site has meant to David and all of us. It was a place we all got together during the wildnerness yrs hoping for morrisseys return. And many of us have met each other. And its been a meaningful experience for a lot of us. Many of us identify with David in a way, bc he's a fan, a nice guy. Plus David has spent a greater portion of his life working on the site and loving Ms music.

In the end I hope Morrissey and David can work something out. And come to compromise where they'll both be flexible. That's my hope anyhow.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say, I really think the dls should be taken down... tho the video footage on youtube of the shows shouldn't as they keep the spirit alive, some ppl like myself cant just take off to Europe to see him. Its really nice to see the concert footage, esp when its clear. Anyway just my opinion.

Last edited:
Morrissey owes Davidt a refund and an apology...

And really, whoever pointed David out at the concert is a dickhead.

Morrissey or the promoter may not give me a refund but luckily consumers have some protection with credit cards. I've just filed the dispute on the advice of a friend, the credit card company said it looks like a case of 'services not rendered' and will proceed with the dispute.

I
Its not about just free speech, its about the leaked LPs, the LPs that are in the shop that are on here to DL. Morrissey can take a wind up, but some of the things that get said about his friends,family and band are a bit much.

Now IF this is what M hates Solo for then I agree 100% ! (apart from the bit about the band)

Should youtube be taken down also? It seems most official recordings can be found and played right on the site. On this site links are posted, the files of official recordings are not actually on the site. Under the DMCA the links can be taken down by request as it makes the downloads easy. As I've mentioned before, I comply with any valid requests from the copyright holders but they really should go after the sites that host the downloads. Since all those official recordings remain on YouTube it seems whoever is responsible for the copyright doesn't seem to mind or care.

Tags
tseng down
Back
Top Bottom