Davis, CA - Robert Mondavi Center at UC Davis (Mar. 4, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Alma Matters / Irish Blood, English Heart / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / November Spawned A Monster / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway / Still Ill / People Are The Same Everywhere / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Meat Is Murder / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? // The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

set list provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey at Mondavi Center, U.C. Davis (Concert Review / photos) by Jason DeBord - Rock Subculture. Link posted by Jason DeBord.

morrissey-2013-concert-review-mondavi-center-music-march-4-set-list-the-smiths-134.jpg

Last edited:
I am a relatively new Morrissey fan. Saw him at the Staples Center in LA for the first time. Going again in Vegas April 20. Still exploring his catalog.

Have just "discovered" Jack the Ripper.

Best. Song. Ever.

If he performs this one in Vegas, I can die happy.

Love opening with Alma Matters...such a great great song.

I am a relatively new Morrissey fan. Saw him at the Staples Center in LA for the first time. Going again in Vegas April 20. Still exploring his catalog.

Best. Song. Ever.

Nice! Always good with new fans, welcome to the Morrissey world!

Glad to hear about how great the concert was. Thanks for posting the great videos and beautiful pics and all the wonderful words about Morrissey. I almost cried reading some of the things that were said about him.

A friend of mine shot a video of the end of the show...

This is pretty awesome POV footage of being in the pit. :thumb: It gave me a little agida for Morrissey's sake but still cool. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I kind of had the same feeling during the last song that I have watching my niece and nephews... you know when you feel like you are mentally projecting a force shield around someone to protect them from harm?

Jason

From the clips it looks like it was an incredible show. Love the Boy... clip posted above. Moz' voice is so fine. He looks great, too. Security seemed just about right in terms of Moz access and keeping people in control.

Really liking the feel of Anthony Burulcich's drumming. Do most agree?

I do. I got real used to Matt's style on MIM but these last three shows I've learned to appreciate his style, it's still with force but a tad softer, it works well.

How odd... must have been a different stand.

While I was drinking my beer (wife got the wine) a nice young man from Peta gave me some literature. He seemed genuinely pleased to hear that I'd been a vegetarian for over 20 years.

:confused: Words I've never seen grouped together.

For the life of me...I've searched all the concert after-action reports and cannot find the comment someone made about a "folk song" Moz sang and they gave a bit of the lyrics. After processing, I realized that he had sang "God Save the Queen", which was funny to me since about that day the Queen entered the hospital and I was like "Moz, you big softy!" :rolleyes:

From the clips it looks like it was an incredible show. Love the Boy... clip posted above. Moz' voice is so fine. He looks great, too. Security seemed just about right in terms of Moz access and keeping people in control.

I agree.

Best. Song. Ever.

The live version from World Of Morrissey/Beethoven is a classic. It's almost like a sequel to How Soon Is Now?, in the way that Ashes To Ashes was a sequel to Space Oddity. The studio version has very flat production and and is very bland vocal wise and that somehow knocked it down (at least in Morrissey's mind) to a b or even c-side. The live version is more alive and perfect.

This was my first Morrissey concert. My expectations were high and fully met. The concert started fast, and did not let up--one fine song after another, played by the band and sung by Mr. Morrissey expertly. I liked the banter between Morrissey and audience, and his commentary before and about a song. I did not like that a few members of the audience storming the stage during the encore, as it took away from the moment of the last song, because my focus shifted from the music itself to the security response. I would have liked to hear more of the wonderful Morrissey wit on display by his making even more comments about the songs and events of the day. Although the concert length was generous, I would have enjoyed more songs in the encore . . . but then again who would not have?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom