"Dear Morrissey: You're dumped mate" by Kylie Klein-Nixon - stuff.co.nz

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/114503061/dear-morrissey-youre-dumped-mate

One of those stories from the woke about how they now disagree with their favourite artist/writer/musician because their favourite artist/writer/musician expresses a viewpoint or opinion which differs from their world view and they don't know how to cope with that. There was another recent article like this in another New Zealand publication where the author gave up her love for Haruki Murakami because of how he portrayed his female characters. Fiction. It's a dangerous thing. Pity the author or editor doesn't know when to use the correct spelling for "you're".

He didn't vote for Brexit, he doesn't vote.

I've always liked his music, but never paid much attention to him as a person because he seemed unhinged.

But I'm really curious about why he's either worshipped like a God or burned like a witch. I haven't seen one article asking him to rethink his opinions about Islam or immigration or speculating about why he has those opinions. It's goes straight to he's a racist, fascist, end his career.

Considering he's said a huge amount of ridiculous left-wing things & he's a vegan, with Irish parents, well-documented gender, sexuality, relationship & mental health issues & his songs are mostly about chronic alienation & unrequited love - I wouldn't have expected so many people to act as if he's a far right thug who needs to be neutralized, rather than a not very stable person prone to paranoia & hyperbole, who should be gently told to have a rethink.

Anyone know why the hate for him is so strong?
He is the way he is because people like you who never got what he is about yet thought you had some kind of idea. Your post has just won the projecting much award for 2019.

Oh wait you also scooped the passive aggressive award and perhaps the Nobel committee tee hee tee hee will award you something Greta was not awarded for instead they chose a mass murderer from Africa for good measure.

Charming!

He didn't vote for Brexit, he doesn't vote.

I've always liked his music, but never paid much attention to him as a person because he seemed unhinged.

But I'm really curious about why he's either worshipped like a God or burned like a witch. I haven't seen one article asking him to rethink his opinions about Islam or immigration or speculating about why he has those opinions. It's goes straight to he's a racist, fascist, end his career.

Considering he's said a huge amount of ridiculous left-wing things & he's a vegan, with Irish parents, well-documented gender, sexuality, relationship & mental health issues & his songs are mostly about chronic alienation & unrequited love - I wouldn't have expected so many people to act as if he's a far right thug who needs to be neutralized, rather than a not very stable person prone to paranoia & hyperbole, who should be gently told to have a rethink.

Anyone know why the hate for him is so strong?

How do we know he doesn't vote? He can say anything he wants and do something else. However, even if he doesn't vote he has strongly admitted he supports Brexit, Nigel Farage and the right-wing party For Brexit.
Nobody is asking him to re-think, because he doesn't give the opportunity. He should have the guts to give a proper interview and put the record straight. Some one as intelligent as him should know how to articulate thoughts and when to say or not to say certain things. He often throws the stone and hide the hand, and later play the victim. I've been adoring him since 1984 and now I'm finding it hard to follow him and defend him in a conversation about him. I felt directly insulted by him more than once, because his opinions about... Never mind! He crossed the line!

How do we know he doesn't vote? He can say anything he wants and do something else. However, even if he doesn't vote he has strongly admitted he supports Brexit, Nigel Farage and the right-wing party For Brexit.
Nobody is asking him to re-think, because he doesn't give the opportunity. He should have the guts to give a proper interview and put the record straight. Some one as intelligent as him should know how to articulate thoughts and when to say or not to say certain things. He often throws the stone and hide the hand, and later play the victim. I've been adoring him since 1984 and now I'm finding it hard to follow him and defend him in a conversation about him. I felt directly insulted by him more than once, because his opinions about... Never mind! He crossed the line!
Morrissey is a proud Brexiteer and supports the For Britain party.

In other words he loves his country and doesn't want to watch it die at the hands of globalists.

Many of his fans - me included - are extremely proud of him.

15946372-7239135-Stuff_Homed_Columnist_Kylie_Klein_Nixon_pictured_who_lives_in_th-a-1_1562896417659.jpg

That is the face of a woman on birth control for no reason who think she can dump a homosexual man who she believes would be at all into her when she looks like the flaming moron of a fat german that shouted racists at everyone in Berlin when Moz had enough and came out as a nationalist.

Fat women somehow think they are good looking and cute and wanted by men. In studies they have showed this is because a fat woman will produce hormones similar to ones that generate a feeling of being good looking. The same thing happens when eating chocolate where people end up feeling in love because of the effect chocolate creates which is similar to falling in love.

Just look at her and laugh.

Oof. Got that off your chest. Did it feel good?

I wish the 99% of lefties on here would do the same and leave for good. Imagine these people investing lifetimes following a man not getting what he is about and then crying about it like babies.

I must say I enjoy this show.
This would mean conceding they were wrong. Every sinew of their body resists this. They are ego maniacs. Everyone and everything must be twisted into their image.

Anyone who had the ears to really grasp the sentiment behind Still Ill knows that Morrissey is a man who has grown into himself.

Morrissey has his base. They will never give him up no matter what he does, but that doesn't change the fact that he is worthless to me. I am not alone.

The lies, bigotry, and inexcusable victim shaming, are just part of it. I don't like the megalomania. The way he desperately tries to associate himself with the classic stars of yesterday. The (mis)appropriation of the images of James Baldwin. The astonishing conviction that his opinions are somehow important to the world. He seems to think he's John Lennon. Not even close...

I agree with Kylie. It hurst, but many of us had enough of him no because I don't share his opinions (I do with many artists), if not cause his opinions are HIGHLY TOXIC To insult other nationalities or people of different political views, defend a right-wing party, to vote for Brexit when he doesn't even live here and to say Nigel Farage could be a good president? He totally lost it!

Skinny you've lost the plot.

Oof. Got that off your chest. Did it feel good?
Yes it is always good to attack ugly fat people who for some reason believe that they in any way matter. A rule for attacking someone is that you must look better than a model as women of course always have to look their best whereas men can get away with murder.

Sorry, but that is just the way it is. Fat shaming has a place in this world. She is not only obese but swollen from some kind of disease.

What she really meant to say was "Dear Morrissey, I've taken a huge dump on you".

Imagine the size of them this woman leaves in the stool. Cow sized ones and flies are desperate to enter her home.

But if we ever move her from NZ the weights she is bringing to the place will make the planet unstable if moved anywhere else. She has a hell of a important job without knowing it.

Come now, I think "unhinged" is a bit much. He's a tad potty, I'd say.

The thing you might not understand is the fact that Morrissey the person was always a large part of the appeal for a lot of Moz fans. We'd look forward to an interview with the same fervor as we'd look forward to a release. A lot of us felt that we knew him personally- he was like a friend.
When he started to talk about immigration, he disappointed some people. (Not me, but I can understand it.) As they felt they knew him personally, the disappointment was personal as well and they felt quite betrayed and angry. Just look at skinny. He won't let go. He continues to exact his revenge for the lifetime he spent loving someone who he thinks has now revealed himself to be a Nazi.

That's my explanation for the individuals. Three possible explanations for the media:
1.) The anti-moz articles might be written by people who feel betrayed by him.
2.) Anti-moz articles get clicks.
3.) Moz might be right. The articles might be written to devalue what he's saying by calling him names. By saying "Ugh, your racist old uncle is talking politics again", which is the tone the media likes to take on, it's making people less likely to take what he's saying seriously.

Hope that answered your question.

It was very helpful thanks!

No - I didn't really understand that fans felt so close to him. I loved his voice, loved his lyrics, but found the interviews a bit of train-wreck. I put that down to him having so many identity issues - all those clashing emotions are great for songwriting, but it must be hell to live with it in your head.

For the media all three of those explanations might be true - I still find it peculiar that they'll ignore everything else about him, and will rip things out of context to make them look more conclusive & damning than they are - when the truth is probably more interesting.

He has repeated some far right tropes, but I think he got there via a left-wing route - veganism, feminism, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, secularism & that's worth talking about, because he won't be the only confused liberal(ish)-lefty(ish) person going down it.

Which is also why it's been irritating me that Billy Bragg has been getting away with denouncing Morrissey all over the shop for irredeemable fascism, while he's supporting Corbyn. We're under investigation for institutional racism & we still can't stop members from sharing neo-Nazi memes on social media or going to events with holocaust deniers or repeating conspiracy theories about Jewish businessmen. We can't even stop Corbyn doing it. At least Morrissey has the decency to be 'potty' & on the margins.

He is the way he is because people like you who never got what he is about yet thought you had some kind of idea. Your post has just won the projecting much award for 2019.

Oh wait you also scooped the passive aggressive award and perhaps the Nobel committee tee hee tee hee will award you something Greta was not awarded for instead they chose a mass murderer from Africa for good measure.

Charming!

I have no idea what you're on about - you'll have to translate.

I've never thought he was ideologically coherent - if you can point me to the interview that wasn't a bit odd, I'll have a read or a listen.

And if you don't believe him when he says he doesn't vote - why believe anything else he says?

I have no idea what you're on about - you'll have to translate.
Don't you have anything to come up with and now you posted the most useless reply in Solo history.

Diploma in the mail.

It was very helpful thanks!

No - I didn't really understand that fans felt so close to him. I loved his voice, loved his lyrics, but found the interviews a bit of train-wreck. I put that down to him having so many identity issues - all those clashing emotions are great for songwriting, but it must be hell to live with it in your head.

For the media all three of those explanations might be true - I still find it peculiar that they'll ignore everything else about him, and will rip things out of context to make them look more conclusive & damning than they are - when the truth is probably more interesting.

He has repeated some far right tropes, but I think he got there via a left-wing route - veganism, feminism, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, secularism & that's worth talking about, because he won't be the only confused liberal(ish)-lefty(ish) person going down it.

Which is also why it's been irritating me that Billy Bragg has been getting away with denouncing Morrissey all over the shop for irredeemable fascism, while he's supporting Corbyn. We're under investigation for institutional racism & we still can't stop members from sharing neo-Nazi memes on social media or going to events with holocaust deniers or repeating conspiracy theories about Jewish businessmen. We can't even stop Corbyn doing it. At least Morrissey has the decency to be 'potty' & on the margins.

Skinny what are you talking about? You are confused and confusing.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom