(oohh oohh oohh)
I miss you in a heartbeat
(oohh oohh oohh)
yeah I miss you right away
(oohh oohh oohh)
oh, I'm gonna miss you in a heartbeat
'cause it ain't love, if it don't feel that way

:sick:

Serious case of 'sour grapes', but my God it's funny. Did anyone ever take "hair bands" seriously?

I believe, that there's something deep inside
That shouldn't be from time to time.
I sure found out, thought love was such a crime
The more you care, the more you fall
No need to worry, no need to turn away
'Cause it don't matter, anyway

(oohh oohh oohh)
(oohh oohh oohh)
I miss you right away
(oohh oohh oohh)
oh no

When we touch, I just lose my self control
A sad sensation I can't hide
To love is easy, it ain't easy to walk away
I keep the faith and there's a reason why, yeah
No need to worry, no need to turn away
'Cause it don't matter, anyway
baby

(oohh oohh oohh)
(oohh oohh oohh)
Yeah I miss you right away
(oohh oohh oohh)

Now, I ain't big on promises, I'll be true to you
'Cause I'd do 'bout anything, yeah
for some one like, baby for you

(oohh oohh oohh)
(oohh oohh oohh)
yeah I miss you right away
(oohh oohh oohh)
oh, I'm gonna miss you in a heartbeat

:sick:

please tell me you cut n paste that and you didnt type it out--whilst singing aloud ;)

That was how I used to refer to Bon Jovi until I had the opportunity to see them live. It was a free ticket, it was Central Park, I figured... what did I have to lose? If anything I gained a lot of respect for Bon Jovi. They put on a hell of a show and are excellent live performers. (At least that day)

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh oh, did I touch a nerve?

"It says nothing to me about my life." Is that what you were looking for?

Well, it's true, but also, his music is shit because he's shit. He's a shitty lyricist, he's a douchebag, he appealed to masses of white trash babysitters back in the 80s, you hear his music on carnival rides, he called The Smiths a "f***** band," his music is dull and uninteresting and submoronic, he looks like a twat, he wouldn't know art if it bit him in the ass, he named an album Slippery When Wet, he is guilty of the line, "I'm a cowbow/on a steel horse I ride"...his music is shit.

But you neglected to say whether you like him? :p

Much like Scandinavia, The Kids a Looker, Children in Pieces, When I Last Spoke to Carol, etc.? Moz is just as guilty as making music which says nothing anymore, but to his credit he'll come up with an occasional great every once in a while.

Much like Scandinavia, The Kids a Looker, Children in Pieces, When I Last Spoke to Carol, etc.? Moz is just as guilty as making music which says nothing anymore, but to his credit he'll come up with an occasional great every once in a while.

Those songs are all saying something. Absolutely no comparison.

But you neglected to say whether you like him? :p

Hair-metal is tied to my pre-adolescent youth inextricably. I don't regret that, it was fun music and I loved it. I am sure I wore out at least two copies of Slippery When Wet...and that's OK. I was a little kid; I didn't know any better. My dad listened to Emerson Lake and Palmer so anything that wasn't that was OK with me. It would still be a couple years before I would find The Head On The Door and Reckoning and New York by Lou Reed on the floor of my stepdad's hatchback. That cganhed everything. Bu tat 11, 2..yeah, I loved that Sammy Hagar type of shit. How could I not?

I'll never forget getting Whitesnake's self-titled album on cassette for Christmas when I was 11. It was magical.

A few months ago I cranked up Hysteria really loud in the car when it was came the radio and my girlfriend stared daggers at me til I changed the station.

It is a great song. Just saying.

Uh oh, did I touch a nerve?

Well, it's true, but also, his music is shit because he's shit. He's a shitty lyricist, he's a douchebag, he appealed to masses of white trash babysitters back in the 80s, you hear his music on carnival rides, he called The Smiths a "f***** band," his music is dull and uninteresting and submoronic, he looks like a twat, he wouldn't know art if it bit him in the ass, he named an album Slippery When Wet, he is guilty of the line, "I'm a cowbow/on a steel horse I ride"...his music is shit.

No, I don't particularly like Bon Jovi either, but I can easily accept that millions of people do without it bothering me. I just wanted to give you an opportunity to show yourself to be a music snob. You didn't disappoint.

No, I don't particularly like Bon Jovi either, but I can easily accept that millions of people do without it bothering me. I just wanted to give you an opportunity to show yourself to be a music snob. You didn't disappoint.

Trust me, I'm no snob. I like, maybe, five bands. I'm not any kid of expert or elitist or anything like that...I like what I like, it's all in the same genre, and I have a very small musical pallet...I'm happy with that. It isn't a question of snobbery, it's a question of being me.

Go to the music forum website Black Cat Bone, or the Steve Hoffman site, and then see if I'm a snob.

Compared to those lunatics, I'm a Justin Beiber fan.

Trust me.

Trust me, I'm no snob. I like, maybe, five bands. I'm not any kid of expert or elitist or anything like that...I like what I like, it's all in the same genre, and I have a very small musical pallet...I'm happy with that. It isn't a question of snobbery, it's a question of being me.

Go to the music forum website Black Cat Bone, or the Steve Hoffman site, and then see if I'm a snob.

Compared to those lunatics, I'm a Justin Beiber fan.

Trust me.

trust-no-one.jpg

Can we please put all mentions of Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen aside? Before I bloody vomit.

Why do you equate the two? Because neither of them are fey? Just because they are both rock and roll doesn't put them in the same tier.

Bon Jovi is a hack, Springsteen is a legend. Totally different people, different aesthetics, different styles, different genres, different sound...

Are you vomiting yet?

SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN SPRINGSTEEN...

How about now? You want me to get a bucket?

Some music is just audible abuse. Why are the perpetrators allowed to walk free? Worse than that - some are given 'industry awards'! And they wonder why there are riots.

I agree. There are quite a few songs that this guy Morrissey has put out that are completely unplayable.

The point is that what you like does not necessarily mean that it is universally good or musically excellent. Music is created to provide enjoyment. Hence the term entertainment. If someone finds enjoyment, satisfaction, fulfillment or simply taps their foot along with the rhythm then they enjoy it whether you like it or not. Don't be a music snob. I cannot stand that bullshit.

Walk outside this forum and go to another site. There are MANY people that find Morrissey to be a whiney, self inflicting malcontent hell bent on bringing everyone one down along with himself in his depressing self depreciating music. You and I seem to enjoy the music. Doesn't make us right and does not make them wrong.

Sinatra? I think Sinatra on his worst day is better than Morrissey on his best. It is my musical opinion as I enjoy Sinatra's music more than any other. It is a difference of opinion.

OK, but, let's talk briefly about the difference between entertainment and art, and then a hybridization of the two. Morrissey fits into that last category, but does Bon Jovi? Does Sinatra? I'm not comparing Bon Jovi with Sinatra, but my point is that I wouldn't say we are on an even playing field here when comparing one singer/band's intrinsic cultural or artistic value with another's.

The crux of this debate is centered around the Def Leppard singer taking umbridge with his band getting significantly less acknowledgment by "certain English music magazines" than someone like Bruce Springsteen or Lennon and McCartney...or Morrissey. Do you honestly not see the absurdity of that? The guy is off his rocker. He makes stuck in time, lowest common denominator rock and roll...which, sure, sells (or sold) millions, entertained a lot of people, all that good stuff. Same with Bon Jovi. My issue is not with the concept of Def Leppard or Bon Jovi as viable entertainment, but with Elliott putting himself in a cultural echelon with Bruce f***ing Sprinsgteen.

As I noted at length earlier in this thread, I listened to nothing BUT Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Bon Jovi, and all that shit when I was 11, 12, 13...it was very entertaining, it was very fun, I never thought about relating to it or getting an artistic epiphany from it because it was obviously just plain fun dumb rock music...to a 12 year old, that was enough.

But as an adult, reading the lyrics to their songs, or hearing that music..any adrenaline charge is totally eclipsed by how brain-numbingly moronic and cliche'd that cock-rock Top 40 hair metal is. I'm not saying they are not as intrinsically viable as Morrissey as entertainment...I agree, that's subjective.

I'm saying there's a reason -which is apparently beyond Elliott's scope of understanding- that no one takes Def Leppard seriously and that his band is perceived as "like morons and stupid." (his words.)

I don't see any snobbery going on here...I just think things need to be kept clear. Def Leppard and Bon Jovi can do whatever they like, I don't begrudge them their success, and they will sell loads more records and register with many more people than Morrissey ever will...for a very sad reason. If Elliott is content making dumb, carnival rock and roll, good for him, it's made him rich. But he shouldn't be surprised that he has no credibility with people who look for a little something more in music.

Back
Top Bottom