Def Leppard Singer Ridicules Morrissey

I listened to nothing BUT Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Bon Jovi, and all that shit when I was 11, 12, 13...

I think most people that age did back then. Personally, those were my Duran Duran years.

Aren't Bon Jovi and Sinatra cousins? Hah!

Reading between the lines I think Elliot likes Morrissey. So does/did Henry Rollins. But they're frustrated by his "success" at the same time.

Rollins is the best example of human feces I can think of.

And I'm pretty sure he's not a fan...

Oh, s'larker, c'mon! Henry Rollins is OBVIOUSLY a jilted lover. You just know he had an unrequited crush that went awry one lonely night when he was turned away after a concert or 12.

Besides, when you think about it, Henry Rollins and Steven Morrissey are practically 2 sides of the same coin. They're both angry, middle-aged men who have chosen celibate-esque lives of solitary artistry (and surprising buffitude).

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the exact video I was going to embed to show how obsessed with Morrissey Rollins is.

"Whenever I watch the video for November..." Did you catch that?

Rollins is the best example of human feces I can think of.

And I'm pretty sure he's not a fan...

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. There are quite a few songs that this guy Morrissey has put out that are completely unplayable.

The point is that what you like does not necessarily mean that it is universally good or musically excellent. Music is created to provide enjoyment. Hence the term entertainment. If someone finds enjoyment, satisfaction, fulfillment or simply taps their foot along with the rhythm then they enjoy it whether you like it or not. Don't be a music snob. I cannot stand that bullshit.

Walk outside this forum and go to another site. There are MANY people that find Morrissey to be a whiney, self inflicting malcontent hell bent on bringing everyone one down along with himself in his depressing self depreciating music. You and I seem to enjoy the music. Doesn't make us right and does not make them wrong.

Sinatra? I think Sinatra on his worst day is better than Morrissey on his best. It is my musical opinion as I enjoy Sinatra's music more than any other. It is a difference of opinion.

I have never found a Morrissey song to be 'completely unplayable'. I believe that there is merit in everything he has put out. And I don't agree that music is simply 'entertainment'. That is far too reductionist. For me Morrissey converses with listeners in the way the great romantic poets do. He holds a mirror up to life - both our inner and outer lives - and makes us think. The discourse is ultimately vital and individuating. Of course, not every person will connect with the music in this way and they may dismiss it completely. Some people don't like art. Some are philistines. I'm sorry if you think that makes me a 'snob' but thats the way it is. Music is political. Music can change lives. For these reasons music is important and really ought not be trivialised.

I don't care if other people think I am 'right or wrong'. Why would that matter? I am not standing for election. Your preference for Frankie makes no difference to me, as my respect for Moz shouldn't to you. We should strive to not be part of the herd. As Moz teases in one of his most recent missives 'Then our Creator had to / Stumble and Stall / Then our Creator had to / Make the biggest mistake of all / Pluck me from the herd / And People Are The Same Everywhere...'

Last edited:
Now now Elliot. VH1 did make a movie about you guys.

I recall Robert Smith claiming def leppard weren;t really English because they were from Sheffield. Whatever that means.

Now you know you want to sing it-fa-fah-fah-foolin!
fah-fah-foolin!

Sinatra? I think Sinatra on his worst day is better than Morrissey on his best. It is my musical opinion as I enjoy Sinatra's music more than any other. It is a difference of opinion.

[youtube]<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zm5Vz-r5hy8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zm5Vz-r5hy8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="560" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-8AR7XQ2K4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-8AR7XQ2K4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Ah yes, I see exactly what you mean!

Back
Top Bottom