Def Leppard's Joe Elliott makes another Morrissey comparison

I just came across this strange article where Def Leppard's lead singer compares his band with Morrissey. Really bloody strange bit of news, I must say:

Def Leppard Gets No Respect, Says Singer Joe Elliott - TripleM Music

If only his shite band never released any music, there I go again dreaming. What an absolute & utter wanker that nutjob is.

Excerpt:

"We've sold more records than Morrissey and I think I'm a better singer than Morrissey and we think we write better songs than Morrissey yet they'll still think that Morrissey is really cool because he was once in The Smiths.

"I've got nothing against Morrissey, I've got something against the press that think that way."

Related item:
  • Def Leppard singer Joe Elliot asks why they don't get the same respect as Morrissey - July 24, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Of all those terrible 80s rock bands, Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Kiss and so on, Def Leppard were the absolute worst. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. It is true they don't get the level of respect they deserve though. They should get zero.

The 1 armed drummer must be mad about songs with ' limbs'

btw Bon Jovi is still filling big veneus, those guys have more than 8 million BP each
on there bankacount and definately live a luxury life, just commneting what I heard and saw on TV
about Bon ' apetit' Jovi

I agree. He`s a fan of Sheffield United football(soccer) team. They`re are all Piggy Bastards...........BASTARDS

Def Leppard gets no respect because they are a shitty band.

Simple equation, that's all folks. :)

hahahaha poor elliot, so forgoten by the world, NO ONE LIKES def leppard anymore! your years has gone since the 80's!!!

He's got a great belief in himself. Apparently he's the only one.

Don't mess with the Mozzer wifebeats......... for you cannot compare.........and I do not use the term Mozzer in my own language. but you.....Deaf Lepers of the cock rockin society......suck major ass.........and anything you sell does not equate what eminates from Morrissey I don't care where your friggin accent came from douchebags, we are blessed with by far more brilliance from Morrissey than your crap so stop yacking it out kayo?

Morrissey has done with just one song way more (and he has LOTS of perfect songs) than what you def leppard haven't done in your whole music carreer. Plus doesnt matter if he was in the smiths before, he has a very prolific solo carrer, and u def leppard are doomed to be forgoten. Joe Elliot, poor depresed guy :D

That was f***ing funny as hell. Does he really think his shitty ass band can even begin to compare to Morrissey?

If this guy's little mind cares that much about what the press thinks of him then yes he is not cooler than Morrissey. What a funny little man :) What now?

Even today at their advanced age, Def Leppard are still a pretty decent rock outfit, but Joe Elliot doesn't rise to the knees of Morrissey as a lyricist/songwriter.

it's quality not quantity joe.pour some sugar on me,indeed !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom