Der Spiegel audio file of Morrissey interview released

Here you go. The recording of the interview.

Der Audiomitschnitt zum SPIEGEL-Interview mit Morrissey - Spiegel Online
Sänger Morrissey fühlt sich nach einem Interview mit dem SPIEGEL falsch zitiert und will nun nie wieder mit Printmedien sprechen. Hören Sie hier den Mitschnitt des Interviews.

English version:

The Audio of DER SPIEGEL's Interview with Morrissey
British pop singer Morrissey has accused DER SPIEGEL of falsely quoting him in a recently published interview. The magazine stands behind its reporting and has made the decision to post the audio online in response.

On Friday, Nov. 10, DER SPIEGEL culture reporter Juliane Liebert told her editors that she had been offered an interview with British popstar Morrissey and that a decision needed to be made quickly on whether to accept. We agreed: The former lead singer of The Smiths doesn't shy away from speaking his mind - and he also doesn't grant interviews very often.

The following Monday, Liebert flew to Los Angeles, where she was to interview Morrissey on Tuesday. The interview appointment got delayed several times before finally taking place on Wednesday and lasting 40 minutes. Edited versions of interviews published in DER SPIEGEL are usually authorized by the interview subject before publication, consistent with established procedure in German journalism. But in this instance, Morrissey's team elected to forego authorization.

After its publication on Nov. 18 in DER SPIEGEL, the interview (available behind the SPIEGEL Plus paywall in German) generated headlines not only in the German-language media. English publications like the Independent also wrote about Morrissey's statements regarding Trump, Brexit, the #MeToo debate and questions of national identity.

The musician then sought to distance himself from the published interview. "Unless you see the words form in my mouth and then you see or hear the words come out of my mouth... please, if you don't see that, I didn't say them," he told fans at a concert. He said he would never grant an interview to a print journalist again.

On Monday, Morrissey followed up with a post on his official Facebook page casting doubt on whether his statements had been reflected accurately by DER SPIEGEL. He also alleged that the fact that the magazine had not yet posted the raw audio of the interview was tantamount to an indirect admission of guilt.

To counter that claim, the editors of DER SPIEGEL have decided to post the audio of the interview online.

You can listen to the interview conducted with Morrissey in Los Angeles on Nov. 15 here:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Interview mp3 - yours to keep:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dx1c0j
(the exact file as used on the site).

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The most shocking part of the interview, which is all there, in his own words, is what he said about the rape capital being a result of open borders. He said you shouldn't believe it unless he himself said it. Well......it's right there.

‘The gates are flooded’, how long ago was that? There’s nothing new here.
Just the Weinstein/Harvey comments quoted out of context in a lot of media outlets, that’s what upset him and why he won’t do printed interviews anymore.

Morrissey and Trump are alike, I hate to say.

Lie. Lie. Lie. Even when the audio proof is there.

What now Morrissey? Good look with your slander lawsuit. Idiot.

Just the Weinstein/Harvey comments quoted out of context in a lot of media outlets, that’s what upset him and why he won’t do printed interviews anymore.

If that's what upset him, then why drag Der Spiegel through the mud requesting the audio of the interview? Der Spiegel didn't tell the NME to run a story using his quotes out of context. He said "If you didn't hear me say it, then I didn't say it." Well, we've all heard him say it now.

The print interview matched with this audio version for me. I would rather listen to an audio version next time Moz :D

so much more interesting than in print. she should practise her 'th' a bit more though

I can only imagine how f***ing pissed off he must be at this very moment, wherever he is. He must be absolutely livid! Thank god I don’t work for him, welcome to hell!

Nice to see the moderator flaunting the terms of service he is supposed to uphold...

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend.

He doesn't behave different than anywhere else on social media

I'm glad Der Spiegel had the guts to release this. Love the emperor's nice new clothes ... no wait, he's naked!

I'm starting to think @g23 is right and there is no sickness responsible for the show cancellations (other than depression), just an awareness that the proverbial shit is about to hit the fan.

Sadly, it is absolutely no surprise that it seems the print and the audio square up. Why on earth Morrissey baited them into releasing the audio is completely beyond comprehension.

Interesting to see what happens next.

Very bad quality sound. I had to put headphone on and volume to the maximum. About the interview itself. Well, aren't we all free to have our own opinion about things. Sorry Spiegel, but I still like Morrissey. You didn't succeed in your attempt. No with me!

I'm glad Der Spiegel had the guts to release this. Love the emperor's nice new clothes ... no wait, he's naked!

I'm starting to think @g23 is right and there is no sickness responsible for the show cancellations (other than depression), just an awareness that the proverbial shit is about to hit the fan.
Unfortunately, he's the one who decided to point the fan at himself.

He doesn't behave different than anywhere else on social media

*thought process*

"I wonder what Skinny's been saying on Twitter! Oh ho ho! What a hoot to find out he's being a hypocrite on this issue. *goes to look, copies post*. Oh, he hasn't. Well, I'm gonna post it anyway like I always do when blindly defending THE MAN and denigrating Skinny. Oh, what sport. **sinks back into armchair, lights cigar**"

So what's your point here? What do you think about hearing what Morrissey saying with his own gob?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom