Desert Island: The Smiths or Morrissey?

Desert Island: The Smiths or Morrissey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah.

Morrissey ALL THE WAY !!!

:rock::cool::palmtree:

Very tough, but I think I’d go with Moz solo, the quality may dip occasionally but the sonic variety and the progression of his voice would make for good company, and plus, it would surely include live releases, which Morrissey performs..tracks by The Smiths Hahaha

Very tough, but I think I’d go with Moz solo, the quality may dip occasionally but the sonic variety and the progression of his voice would make for good company, and plus, it would surely include live releases, which Morrissey performs..tracks by The Smiths Hahaha

One night, you'd be lying on the beach, drinking some cocunut-infused beverage, listening to the best Smiths cover band, and you'd kick yourself for not bringing The Smiths albums to this idyllic venue...

Very tough choice. But Morrissey. Even if Marr remains terribly missed and for me has a magic that none of the other collaborators quite have.

His best ever work, bar none, is Vauxhall and I - therefore Morrissey.

I also went with Morrissey.
Having looked at my list of, what I consider to be, Moz-masterpieces (& there are 50 - which I could easily extend with further deliberation), I decided that I just couldn't manage without those tracks.

One night, you'd be lying on the beach, drinking some cocunut-infused beverage, listening to the best Smiths cover band, and you'd kick yourself for not bringing The Smiths albums to this idyllic venue...

I can imagine this to be true yes, but likewise there would be a time where, having brought The Smiths back catalogue, I would be banging my head against the palm tree for not being able to belt out “I know it’s gonna happen someday”at a volume level only acceptable due to my isolation

M all day long.

Morrissey of course, more variation.

I maintain that the best 50 Smiths-songs and the best 50 Moz-songs are all but perfect.
With The Smiths you only have some 20 songs left to listen to, with Moz more than 200. So easy choice!

Last edited:
No doubt, The Smiths!!!

Nonsense. His best solo work is World Peace Is None Of Your Business.
In the offensive cesspool that is So-Low, this was the most offensive post I’ve ever read. Shame on you, anonymous user.

The Smiths.

Life is meaningless without Vicar In A Tutu.

Especially the Whistle Test Live Version. Morrissey in best voice, tons of amps, we were waiting for the album to come out. Never quite lived up to the energy of the live version. Production that I think Marr made a conscious decision to bring in. I've a feeling there was a minor fight between Morrissey wanting to have things still sounding raw, and Marr wanting more refined production. I'd have been happier with the live version of vicar in a tutu on the album. A brilliant song gone to waste.

He's often better live - when he's in the mood.

Back
Top Bottom