Diabetes Mellitus

bogdana

Finer Things Club Prez
As most of you know I am i nursing school. I have a little project, to come up with a lunch for a patient who has Diabetes type 2. He likes to eat full plates of food so we have to make sure there is quantity in the meal. I'm allowed 2 starches, 3 meats, 1 veg, 1 fruit and 1 'free food' (those are exchanges, for those of you not familiar).

Basically I'd like to come up with something that most anyone would enjoy eating. If you or someone you are close to has diabetes (and controls it, doesnt ignore it, haha), can you suggest a meal idea for me?

being a vegan, i would be of no use.:p
but i have plenty of recipes if you are interested,some very simple.

being a vegan, i would be of no use.:p
but i have plenty of recipes if you are interested,some very simple.

I suppose I could make a vegan meal and add a serving of chicken or something. Actually, I need to study more first, and get back to you. It would be really cool if I could come up with a vegan meal that meets the ADA prescription meal they gave me.

I suppose I could make a vegan meal and add a serving of chicken or something. Actually, I need to study more first, and get back to you. It would be really cool if I could come up with a vegan meal that meets the ADA prescription meal they gave me.

well, say tonight ,i had seasoned roasted potatoes, asparagus and cranberry sauce.
the cranberry sauce i used was a local brand that adds no sugar.
very simply,filling and tasty.

would that fit the requirements?

Back
Top Bottom