Did anyone watch MJs memorial yesterday?

I saw some because Morrissey was supposed to be on Sky Arts, turned the sound off and listened to the radio..

I watched some of it later. His daughter was very moving.

some of it was very annoying - like the patriotric speech about america which just didnt fit with the service from the political representative. I found Jermaines solo very moving, i thought of all the singers he was the one whose solo was most heartfelt.......yes i cried, i cry y y yied.

does jermaine draw his hair on? looked like he was sporting some sort of shoeshine on the side of his head

does jermaine draw his hair on? looked like he was sporting some sort of shoeshine on the side of his head

I wondered that same thing myself a couple days ago. His hairline looks like he has a stencil to get it on so perfectly. Maybe he tapes on the stencil and then dabs on the polish. :)

I lol'ed when Brooke Shields referred to one of MJ's children as "Blanket"

mj_dangles_baby.jpg

Yeah his name is Blanket.

I almost cried while they played Paris' speech.

The whole thing was a media circus which is to be expected but I just feel badly for his kids who not only have lived their whole lives with him as their dad, being in the public eye and many people thinking their dad is a complete nut job, but now they have to experience the loss of their dad at such young ages, with nothing but cameras in their faces and everything. I feel badly for them.

Oh and PT, Tegan and Sara were there I do know that. Just letting you know. Tegan's comments were: (via twitter) "Went to the Michael Jackson Memorial at the Staples Center this morning. Jennifer Hudson brought me to my feet. Insane to be there"
"The service wasn't over the top. People were pretty calm. I thought it was well handled. Only a few cringe moments. Overall, respectful-ish."

I didn't watch it on TV, but I did watch a bit on Youtube just now. Paris speaking made me cry so much. :( It must be so awful losing your dad at such a young age. God knows I'm fed up of the media circus surrounding MJs death now, but I still really feel for his family and friends.

Some of it was moving.

Some of it made me cringe though.

I watched it. I was never a big fan of his, I just grew up listening to alot of his 80's music because of my dad.
I have to admit, I was a little sad. He just seemed sort of invincble. I never imagined him dying young.
The part that made me sad was when, I think it was his brother who said this, "Maybe now they will leave you alone.." Reffereing to all the ridicule he has gone through for most of his life.

I watched it. I was never a big fan of his, I just grew up listening to alot of his 80's music because of my dad.
I have to admit, I was a little sad. He just seemed sort of invincble. I never imagined him dying young.
The part that made me sad was when, I think it was his brother who said this, "Maybe now they will leave you alone.." Reffereing to all the ridicule he has gone through for most of his life.

I agree, i find it easy to forget celebrities actually have an expiration date. It puts a lot into perspective, you can have all the money and fame in the world but sometimes even that cant save you.

Back
Top Bottom