Did Moz got his ring stolen in Lille ?

Lazarus

hello
could someone confirm what my friend says, yesterday night while giving hand to the crowd, someone nicked his right hand ring.
I didn't notice, she only told me afterwards, but i can recall a moment when after shaking hands in the audience once Moz looked puzzled at his hand and made a disgusted face
:confused:

If he did...

Reminds me of the time my mom tried to sell some jewelry of some value at a garage sale and was surprised when it disappeared when it was left unattended.

Ask yourself who your audience is and if you would chance bringing out anything valuable in that situation.

If he did...

Reminds me of the time my mom tried to sell some jewelry of some value at a garage sale and was surprised when it disappeared when it was left unattended.

Ask yourself who your audience is and if you would chance bringing out anything valuable in that situation.

Uh, no. He was wearing the ring, he didn't leave it on a seat at soundcheck.

This is disgusting. I feel bad for Moz.

Not again....:(

This is pretty ridiculous. I hope it wasn't of any sentimental value, although I'm sure everything he owns is special in some way or another to him.

i certainly wouldn't steal Moz's ring, still i wonder how this can be possible, i have myself 3 rings at my fingers, you'd need a saw to get any of them off my fingers (the only way i can wear them off is put my fingers deep inside my mouth, wet the finger and remove the ring with my front teeth !!)
even if moz's hand was sweaty, the ring was way too large then for someone to be able to grab it in a couple of seconds or without tearing his finger apart ! :eek:

Uh, no. He was wearing the ring, he didn't leave it on a seat at soundcheck.

This is disgusting. I feel bad for Moz.

What i meant is that would you wear a ring and then reach into the audience and shake the hands of a bunch of fruit cakes who pick through your garbage in order to get "closer" to you?

No, not me, folks! I might wear a cracker jack ring, but that's it.

Stealing Moz' stuff is so low :( He should know by now, not to wear stuff like that onstage.

Stealing Moz' stuff is so low :( He should know by now, not to wear stuff like that onstage.

But WHO would do that? You'd imagine that people who wait for hours sometimes days to be front row would have that much respect NOT to steal things from him. I guess people get carried away and want a 'souvenir' from the event...or maybe...in an attempt to make the connection last forever their subconscious takes over....and they are not aware of how awful their actions are.

If it did happen, I'm sure his face was just registering his disappointment than anyone could be that scummy. I doubt he'd wear an important piece of jewellery onstage.

i certainly wouldn't steal Moz's ring, still i wonder how this can be possible, i have myself 3 rings at my fingers, you'd need a saw to get any of them off my fingers (the only way i can wear them off is put my fingers deep inside my mouth, wet the finger and remove the ring with my front teeth !!)
even if moz's hand was sweaty, the ring was way too large then for someone to be able to grab it in a couple of seconds or without tearing his finger apart ! :eek:

I felt the one on his right hand move one time, and I didn't have a death grip on him or anything. In NY I'm pretty sure he had at least one stolen, and I'm not 100% sure it was on purpose... it looked like the guy was gripping his hand so hard that it just came off when he was pulled away by security. (Yet another reason to be gentle with Mozzy when he takes your hand. :p)

There's a report of one of his mid-nineties concerts that said after coming out of a scrum with the audience Morrissey kept pointing to his finger during the rest of the song. Someone threw the ring back at him and he caught it and put it back on. Good eye hand co-ordination in that lighting. :D

That guy is a f***ing douche. I can understand when Moz was asking for his ring to the front row people, he didn't hand it back, as you're put under pressure to fess up, plus you might be embarassed from people looking at you, and make a bad snap decision to keep it, because we all love Moz - we queue for hours just to get to the front, to shake his hand, to fight for the shirt etc. But to keep it for so long, and "promising" to return it at a future gig is just low. He could, should, have mailed it back to Moz via courier to his record company or something, weeks after possessing it, and enclosed a note apologising and that he didn't mean to cause Moz distress at losing something personal. The ring sounds like it has sentimental value more than monetary.

There's a report of one of his mid-nineties concerts that said after coming out of a scrum with the audience Morrissey kept pointing to his finger during the rest of the song. Someone threw the ring back at him and he caught it and put it back on. Good eye hand co-ordination in that lighting. :D

Really? That's a cool story.

Back
Top Bottom