did The Smiths do a cover of Across The Universe?

No, I think it was Johnny Marr and Brett Anderson (?)
EDIT: Wikipedia says The Smiths covered it, but I've heard it....and I wouldn't agree

Last edited:
I've not heard of this but I did hear a story that they covered "I'm so tired" from the white album. Apparently the first 4 bars were accidentally wiped by a studio engineer...... would love to hear it.

I've not heard of this but I did hear a story that they covered "I'm so tired" from the white album. Apparently the first 4 bars were accidentally wiped by a studio engineer...... would love to hear it.

oh i could SO hear Morrissey singing that too!

Quite common mistake.
This is not Smiths' but Suede's cover, who are played it live on I.D.F. Radio, Tel Aviv on 7th June 1997.

A version of Across the Universe was posted on a file sharing website a few years ago, where it was claimed to be The Smiths. It wasn't them. However we are in the era of the internet fan, so there will be people who will swear blind they did, because they read it!

I once sat in a pub before a gig talking to a lad who challanged my opinion of a gig I'd been to nearly 18 years earlier. He was about 20. Oh Internet, so much to answer for.

Back
Top Bottom