Disasterpieces

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
I agree.
On The Operation, I thought they'd got the track listing wrong, and that it was actually Southpaw...because a southpaw boxer is one who leads with his right hand, so the lyrics You fight with your right hand, And caress with your left hand seemed to belong the the southpaw track.
Yeah, I always thought this similarity in the lyrics/title was due to the fact that both songs were probably inspired by the same person.
I always regarded The Operation, Best Friend On The Payroll and Southpaw as a trilogy of sorts.

Yeah, I always thought this similarity in the lyrics/title was due to the fact that both songs were probably inspired by the same person.
I always regarded The Operation, Best Friend On The Payroll and Southpaw as a trilogy of sorts.
I love Payroll...a great upbeat number. Good job on drums Cobrin.

People Are The Same Everywhere is by far the worst song Morrissey has ever done.
The fact that he called it "a fantastic song", and even chose to perform it at the Nobel ceremony (along with his mediocre cover of Satellite of Love) is perhaps the most striking example of his occasional lapses into cloth-eared, pig-headed perversity.

I don't think I'd go so far as to name any as my mood can often dictate what is or isn't appreciated on a weekly basis - as I sort a lot of live stuff often, hearing a gig version of an album track I'm tired of can give it a much needed lift and sound fresh again.
That all said, if I was forced to comment - I'd just say anything he sings that is more Moon, June, spoon than florid verse will probably get listened to far less.
Regards,
FWD.

Really good post this and almost how I feel. Songs I don’t like however...

Journalists who Lie
Get off the Stage
Now I am a Was
Smiler with Knife
Mountjoy
The kids a looker
Sweetie Pie
Slum Mums
All The Young People
This Song Doesn’t End
Born to Hang

OK, just to recap, thus far we have 2 potential disasterpieces on the board:

1. This Song Doesn’t End When It's Over
  2. People Are The Same Everywhere
Keep 'em coming. This could actually be quite a short list.

Really good post this and almost how I feel. Songs I don’t like however...

Journalists who Lie - not sure
Get off the Stage - I personally like it...as he's getting older it's quite ironic, if I dare say
Now I am a Was - been discussed
Smiler with Knife - this is well liked amongst some people & was nominated as a masterpiece
Mountjoy - not sure
The kids a looker - lots of ppl do like it
Sweetie Pie - took a while but no way is it a disaster
Slum Mums - much loved by many
All The Young People
This Song Doesn’t End
Born to Hang - much loved by many, including me for both versions

Thanks. I've added some comments against your points raised.
All The Young People - I'd say it's weak, very weak, but a complete disaster?
This Song Doesn’t End - already captured. Ta.

Thanks. I've added some comments against your points raised.
All The Young People - I'd say it's weak, very weak, but a complete disaster?
This Song Doesn’t End - already captured. Ta.

It’s about opinions. Get it ?

Journalists Who Lie
Born To Hang
He Cried
The Public Image
Girl Least Likely To
The Operation
Smiler With Knife
This Is Not Your Country

anything off kill uncle except our frank and king leer.

People Are The Same Everywhere is indeed ghastly and Get Off The Stage & Journalists Who Lie are truly terrible. I really dislike The Operation too -- a pointless drum solo which goes on forever and segues into a really unmemorable song.

People Are The Same Everywhere is indeed ghastly and Get Off The Stage & Journalists Who Lie are truly terrible. I really dislike The Operation too -- a pointless drum solo which goes on forever and segues into a really unmemorable song.
No misguided trousers? Shocked.
I'll collate later this coming week.

1. Kiss Me a Lot
2. The Bullfighter Dies
3. People Are the Same Everywhere
4. In Your Lap
5. Love Is On Its Way Out
6. Journalists Who Lie
7. The Secret of Music
8. Neal Cassady Drops Dead
9. At Last I Am Born
10. Who Will Protect us from the Police?

Well, I guess only Morrissey & I think it’s a great little number. But that’s only because we both have perfect taste in music.

:cool:

Well, I guess only Morrissey & I think it’s a great little number. But that’s only because we both have perfect taste in music.

I really like it too and it was great as part of the live set a few years back along with Action Is My Middle Name which is so underrated, it would have been a brilliant single with its singalong chorus.

Two covers I really don't like because I don't like the originals which both have very clunky lyrics are Redondo Beach and Drive In Saturday, they get my votes.

But then again, is there even one Morrissey song you don't love? Hadn't heard People in a long while, so I gave it a go. Still dire chug rock.

But then again, is there even one Morrissey song you don't love? Hadn't heard People in a long while, so I gave it a go. Still dire chug rock.

I don’t love ‘The bed took fire”.

But, I do love “At Amber” !

:)

World Peace...is the single worst song in his entire career. Stupid lyrics beyond belief. Silly, annoying melody.
Would also like to mention the entire second half of LIHS, Bobby, Kiss Me a lot, Neal C, Kick the Bride, I am not a dog... Yeah. That’s it.

Back
Top Bottom