Disasterpieces

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
Absolutely a great track and I was listening to it last night and still bamboozled that it was never released as say a b-side instead of all the take or leave live covers that have been b-sides in recent times. Action Is My Middle Name did get released as a b-side (to Last Of The Famous re-release) albeit the Radio session version but Blue Dreamers Eyes and By The Time I Get To Wherever I'm Going again would have been decent Moz originals better placed as b-sides than sneaking online as 'lost session tracks'.
Completely agree. And the fact that Blue...hasn’t been properly released is nothing less than a sin. Stunning song. Absolutely stunning.

Got my kindle sorted. Now I can see the book again. ‘Do you know what dogs love?’ says Chrissie. Lol

"Life with Chrissie. I wouldn’t miss it for the world."

'Kiss Me a Lot'. Bland, empty-headed shite, with no reediming features. Makes 'She loves you, yeah yeah yeah' seem like a deep intellectual statement.

Exactly. One of the very few Moz songs I find embarrassing.

People Are The Same Everywhere
Oh phoney
Treat Me Like a Human Being
Noise is the Best Revenge
and....
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
All the Young People Must Fall in Love

Completely agree. And the fact that Blue...hasn’t been properly released is nothing less than a sin. Stunning song. Absolutely stunning.
Maybe we'll get a mini LP or E.P. of Morrissey Lost Songs one day, these tracks added to two or three others (Kit for example) would make a fantastic addition to his discography...we live in hope Gregor ?

Exactly. One of the very few Moz songs I find embarrassing.
Well it has always went down well in the live setting plus it's a floor filler at the Star and Garter...I like it, it's Moz pop no more no less.

People Are The Same Everywhere
Oh phoney
Treat Me Like a Human Being
Noise is the Best Revenge
and....
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
All the Young People Must Fall in Love
Sorry but I can't agree with Treat Me Like a Human Being - I would have that closer to 'masterpiece' (hairs standing up on my arms) than anything else. Beautiful song.

The worst songs always have that particular part / moment which takes them from merely crap songs to Disasterpieces.

For "The Kid's a Looker", it's the 'laaa-laaaa, la la la laaaa-laaaaaa' which makes my ears bleed
"People Are the Same..." - it's the cringeworthy crap about "our Creator"
"Kiss Me..." it's the appalling, shitty, tone-deaf and out of breath "chorus".

In terms of albums and actually released songs, then he won't top One Day Goodbye Will Be Fareful. Absolutely dreadful, both tune and lyrics. Abysmal.

Those weird 2011 sessions threw up some horror shows. Action is fine, The Kid's A Looker is absolutely awful, and People Are The Same is just dull and was still being played live for, what, four years after it's premiere? No thanks.

Oh god, now I just remembered Scandinavia.

In terms of albums and actually released songs, then he won't top One Day Goodbye Will Be Fareful. Absolutely dreadful, both tune and lyrics. Abysmal.

Those weird 2011 sessions threw up some horror shows. Action is fine, The Kid's A Looker is absolutely awful, and People Are The Same is just dull and was still being played live for, what, four years after it's premiere? No thanks.

Oh god, now I just remembered Scandinavia.
Fair comment re: One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell...must have had an off day.

In reviewing comments from the learned (thanks), on balance, I now think we have an initial list, in no particular order:

1. This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
  2. People Are The Same Everywhere
  3. All The Young People Must Fall in Love
  4. Journalists Who Lie*
  5. Get Off The Stage*
  6. Neal Cassady Drops Dead
  7. At Last I Am Born
  8. Found Found Found
  9. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
  10. The Kid's A Looker*
  11. Scandinavia
  12. Oh phoney
  13. Who will protect us from the police?
  14. I Bury The Living
  15. Children in Pieces*
* I quite like these 4, so personally wouldn't cast them into the 'disasterpiece' pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
In reviewing comments from the learned (thanks), on balance, I now think we have an initial list:

1. This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
  2. People Are The Same Everywhere
  3. All The Young People Must Fall in Love
  4. Journalists Who Lie*
  5. Get Off The Stage*
  6. Neal Cassady Drops Dead
  7. At Last I Am Born
  8. Found Found Found
  9. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
  10. The Kid's A Looker*
  11. Scandinavia
  12. Oh phoney
  13. Who will protect us from the police?
  14. I Bury The Living
  15. Children in Pieces*
* I quite like these 4, so personally wouldn't cast them into the 'disasterpiece' pile.
I feel the list is too long and therefore harsh on Moz as we're supposed to be fans having a debate on songs that are perhaps not career highs but the term disasterpiece is a ridiculous tag for several of these tracks. Fair enough fans will have their favs but a lot of the criticism is downright nasty and not subjective, not impressed at all.

Back
Top Bottom