Do people still read the NME? Really?

ADAM

No One You Know
I basically bought the Songs To Save Your Life issue, and that's been it since. What news can they give me that I don't read here, or have via txt within minutes (KRSTN IS GONE!)?

I suppose the poor old rag is like the music industry itself, and they're just desperate for any sale. Perhaps they should go the Big Issue route, and have the needy sell it via some for-profit scheme. They could even do custom covers for different artists to flog outside of gigs!

In America, obviously, we have another dinosaur of a rag that won't go away. (Actually, I think we have a few, but I'll be damned if I've looked at in issue since I was ten years-old.)

I think Merck should just start having an intern txting news directly to us. "MOZ DEAL RESURRECTS DECCA! NEW SINGLE __/__/08 PRE-ORDER NOW!"

Oh well... I guess the girls have some pictures to frink to at the very least.

"Do people still read the NME?"

Today,the answer is a resounding YES.They might not have bought it though
;)

Please if you DO read it, boycott it next week- let's send them a message.

Adam
If you are saying 'do I buy the NME for Morrissey info?', then 'no' I dont. But there are more bands / artists out there than Morrissey and I do like to read about them or find out about them.
I tend to take a flick through it every week in my local supermarket and if there is something in there I think worth buying then I'll get it. Works around one a month on average is worth buying.

Jukebox Jury

Adam
If you are saying 'do I buy the NME for Morrissey info?', then 'no' I dont. But there are more bands / artists out there than Morrissey and I do like to read about them or find out about them.
I tend to take a flick through it every week in my local supermarket and if there is something in there I think worth buying then I'll get it. Works around one a month on average is worth buying.

Jukebox Jury

yeah i do the same but dont you feel that it is a cartoon version of its former self ....

Do people still read threads that ADAM starts?

;)

yeah i do the same but dont you feel that it is a cartoon version of its former self ....

Without a doubt it is nowhere near the quality it was when I first bought it in 1980. But then, they had competition in Melody Maker, Sounds, Record Mirror.
If anything, NME has turned into 'Smash Hits' without printing the song lyrics.

Blue Peter, Byker Grove and Grange Hill are also not as good as what they used to be either.:D

Jukebox Jury

Wait! There are other musicians out there?

You're right, I just don't even think of the NME as being a source for information about any band. I guess I've become far too used to having my friends from the Internets nudge me and say, "Hey, listen to this!"

These days the only time I stop to look at a magazine rack is (a) when Morrissey is featured, or (b) if there's a cute guy worth giving the once-over. (Yes, yes... we all know. I can't stop it. Sorry.) Am I missing out on something by ignoring the Arctic Monkeys and Fall Out Boy (or whoever they're pimping this month)? Who are the lads that keep getting naked on stage? I don't even think it's legal for me to look. Edit: They're called McFly.

Wait... tangent. Oh yeah, print is dead.

Treygag, I love you, sweetie. Having my own personal So-Low stalker is very glam. Now go find my myspace and lust over the pictures of me sticking my tongue everywhere (except for where you want it the most, I know).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom