Do you know anyone with AIDS?

j funk

.co.uk
Another thread about something quite unpleasant. Why do people make them? I just think they're weirdos, as opposed to genuinely wanting to get something off their chest. Not quite the sort of weird where they'd make up something horrible, but lower down the same ladder.

To answer question though, I met the late Kenny Everett once. Very nice guy.

not as weird as someone who makes a thread with a stupid title that has nothing to do with the subject except to try to make a point. and failing?

im confused.

not as weird as someone who makes a thread with a stupid title that has nothing to do with the subject except to try to make a point. and failing?

im confused.

I've said "I met the late Kenny Everett" Which is true and also makes it a valid thread if you can overlook the fact that I have an issue with the sort of people I mentioned.

I also asked why people make that sort of thread. It's a question. The only point I'm making is that I think they're weird. Who are you to tell me it failed?

Last edited:
I've said "I met the late Kenny Everett" Which is true and also makes it a valid thread if you can overlook the fact that I have an issue with the sort of people I mentioned.

I also asked why people make that sort of thread. It's a question. The only point I'm making is that I think they're weird. Who are you to tell me it failed?

if you think its weird why did you make a similar thread? if you hadnt answered it seriously that wouldve been one thing. but you did. which makes your point useless.

My brother-in-law died from AIDS, but I didn't know him. Passed just before I met my husband.

Another thread about something quite unpleasant. Why do people make them? I just think they're weirdos, as opposed to genuinely wanting to get something off their chest. Not quite the sort of weird where they'd make up something horrible, but lower down the same ladder.

To answer question though, I met the late Kenny Everett once. Very nice guy.

Betcha nobody cares what you think j funk about people who start certain types of threads....did you notice the number of people who posted to it with sincere answers?

My friend's brother died of AIDS. My Mom died of heart disease, and my ex MIL died of Cancer....what's your point?

My opinion is that I agree with Cassius.

if you think its weird why did you make a similar thread? if you hadnt answered it seriously that wouldve been one thing. but you did. which makes your point useless.

Because it's not a serious thread. Obviously everyone clicked expecting it to be though. Which is what I can't understand. Why would anyone start such a thread?

My friend lives in a tiny apartment attached to her friend's house in DC. Her friend is a nurse who did AIDS relief work for the red cross (I think) in Africa for years. While she was there she befriended a woman with AIDS who was pregnant. After she delivered her baby, she died. So super nurse to the rescue, adopted the baby and went thru tons of legal battles to be able to bring her back to the US with her. Everything is settled now and her little girl is almost 3 yrs old now. Perfectly healthy, taking all the right medications, living with AIDS. My friend lives in their attic apartment in exchange for free babysitting. They are like their own little family now and their story warms my heart :)

Because it's not a serious thread. Obviously everyone clicked expecting it to be though. Which is what I can't understand. Why would anyone start such a thread?

It's all in the best possible taste

Tags
aids being an idiot is rad! disease hiv humor fail illness medicine sadness superhans rules ok virus watch brass eye morons
Back
Top Bottom