Morrissey Central "DO YOU REMEMBER … FAR BACK IN TIME …" (October 22, 2020)

FTFA:

Plus there's...

But there's no escaping the fact that if the white working class are struggling in terms of educational achievement, it isn't their whiteness that's causing that. They may feel like victims and they may well be for many reasons, but the root cause of that is not their whiteness.

Nor is it just blackness that holds some black kids back. Nigerian kids in the UK are having excellent educational outcomes. Nigerian families tend not to have absent fathers. It's never just black and white. That's the point.

No - just suggesting that the idea that all white people have privilege, and all black people don't, is absurd.

That's not really the impression you give. Most people would assume that was white nationalism & that would make them more determined to talk about white privilege.

If your issue is poverty or gang violence that's divided along ethnic or religious lines - that should be your focus. It'll get better results.

That's not really the impression you give. Most people would assume that was white nationalism & that would make them more determined to talk about white privilege.

If your issue is poverty or gang violence that's divided along ethnic or religious lines - that should be your focus. It'll get better results.

Maybe you like to pigeon hole people? Not into identity politics. Not even sure what you mean by white nationalism. Just like Morrissey - I think hating people because of the colour of their skin is abhorrent. And clearly Europe has a lot to feel ashamed about in its history. So too does Africa. But no, I don't think all white people are privileged. And I don't think all back people are victims.

Definitely, it landed here as a result of events in USA that had nothing to do with UK. The lasting point it made was peaceful protests are a fallacy as riots, violence and destruction happen after every one of these gatherings.
This weekend I’m calling myself coventrybaz, as I’m spending the weekend with my eldest daughter 😂😂😂😂

Maybe you like to pigeon hole people? Not into identity politics. Not even sure what you mean by white nationalism. Just like Morrissey - I think hating people because of the colour of their skin is abhorrent. And clearly Europe has a lot to feel ashamed about in its history. So too does Africa. But no, I don't think all white people are privileged. And I don't think all back people are victims.

Some arguments are more common in a particular political group than they are in another. And if most of your arguments are in line with that group, I'd assume you were at least paying attention to them.

White nationalism is just racism, but with some anti-colonialism chucked in. 'Europe is the homeland of indigenous white people & we need to liberate ourselves from Elite Cultural Marxists who want to destroy the West via mass immigration to punish us for the crimes of our Empire'.

It's bunk.

Moz is clearly yearning for a time when mainstream TV allowed free debate. Let's face it - we live in a world now where you can get sacked for believing things like:

- Mass immigration and multiculturalism are damaging to society.

- Black men are most at risk from other black men, not from the police.

- Sex is a biological fact and is not a spectrum.

- The current approach to covid-19 is hysterical and an over-reaction to a virus that has a 99.9% survival rate.

The list is endless. You can lose your job for thinking these things - let alone being able to voice them on national TV.
Agreed 100 percent. The idiots have taken the throne.

I'd agree on the films and books. But to me, England is unsurpassed when it comes to music (Moz, Smiths, New Order, Kate Bush, Siouxsie, Gene, Suede, Lloyd Cole, DM, The Beatles, The Kinks, etc.) and comedy (Fawlty Towers, Yes Minister, etc.). What's the flagship for US 'comedy': absolute shite like Friends. Great crime novels and TV crime dramas from the US though.
"gene" and "Lloyd Cole". Christ.

On the one hand we have the new fans who are young and unaware just how great the younger moz was. What he symbolised etc.

Then we have the thicko little Englanders who think Paul Joseph Watson is edgy..

We then have the old guard.
They were there, went to the gigs have seen how high moz flew, seen how he refused to do what the press wanted him to do. There are shared moments. The trouble is like you, lots of these are so small town and blinkered.

As if America need to worry about Lloyd Cole and Gene.
Shit on a stick.

They had Simon and Garfunkle, Bob Dylan, The Doors, Steve Wonder, Elvis, Scott Walker, Talking Heads, NY Dolls, The Strokes etc etc

For film yanks gave new wave makers of the late 60s and 70s, then TV. American TV has been killing British TV for the last 29 years.
Comedy, Seinfeld, Larry David, the team behind Spinal tap, best in show, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy. Andy Kaufman.

The list goes on.
Gene, oh man they are so shit. Fat little Martin left his gf and new born baby to marry an American brit pop super fan. You need to up your influence grade

On the one hand we have the new fans who are young and unaware just how great the younger moz was. What he symbolised etc.

Then we have the thicko little Englanders who think Paul Joseph Watson is edgy..

They were there, went to the gigs have seen how high moz flew, seen how he refused to do what the press wanted him to do. There are shared moments. The trouble is like you, lots of these are so small town and blinkered.

Shit on a stick.

They had Simon and Garfunkle, Bob Dylan, The Doors, Steve Wonder, Elvis, Scott Walker, Talking Heads, NY Dolls, The Strokes etc etc

For film yanks gave new wave makers of the late 60s and 70s, then TV. American TV has been killing British TV for the last 29 years.
Comedy, Seinfeld, Larry David, the team behind Spinal tap, best in show, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy. Andy Kaufman.

The list goes on.
Gene, oh man they are so shit. Fat little Martin left his gf and new born baby to marry an American brit pop super fan. You need to up your influence grade
Talking Heads were utter pish and The Strokes? Well Julian Fernando Casablancas says it all! 😛

Some arguments are more common in a particular political group than they are in another. And if most of your arguments are in line with that group, I'd assume you were at least paying attention to them.

White nationalism is just racism, but with some anti-colonialism chucked in. 'Europe is the homeland of indigenous white people & we need to liberate ourselves from Elite Cultural Marxists who want to destroy the West via mass immigration to punish us for the crimes of our Empire'.

It's bunk.

You seem to be arguing with someone in your head as I don't believe, nor have I said, any of the above. It is interesting though that it would now be considered 'racist' to suggest that European = white, whereas it is common parlance, in fact politically correct, to suggest African = black. An interesting example of reverse racism.

You seem to be arguing with someone in your head as I don't believe, nor have I said, any of the above. It is interesting though that it would now be considered 'racist' to suggest that European = white, whereas it is common parlance, in fact politically correct, to suggest African = black. An interesting example of reverse racism.

I was explaining what white nationalism is because you said you didn't know.

Exactly how is it politically correct to suggest African equals black?

Shit on a stick.

The list goes on.
Dear simpleton, what a prick you are. Pathetic know-it-all who actually knows nothing. Try not to cry when people express a different opinion to yours.

Last edited:
I was explaining what white nationalism is because you said you didn't know.

Exactly how is it politically correct to suggest African equals black?

'African American' is the accepted term these days to describe a black citizen of the USA. As many black citizens of the USA have pointed out - it's a nonsensical term.

'African American' is the accepted term these days to describe a black citizen of the USA. As many black citizens of the USA have pointed out - it's a nonsensical term.

It's a name a group of people decided to call themselves. It doesn't mean African equals Black. It's like Irish American.

It's a name a group of people decided to call themselves. It doesn't mean African equals Black. It's like Irish American.

Ireland is a country and describes a nationality. Using 'African' to describe a black US citizen does indeed suggest that in common parlance African = black. And no one would bat an eyelid at suggesting that it does.

Ireland is a country and describes a nationality. Using 'African' to describe a black US citizen does indeed suggest that in common parlance African = black. And no one would bat an eyelid at suggesting that it does.

A huge number of black Americans can trace their ancestry back to Africa via the slave trade. It's a geographical location that they have a connection to in the exact way that an Irish American has a connection to Ireland. So, no. It doesn't equal black.

Definitely, it landed here as a result of events in USA that had nothing to do with UK. The lasting point it made was peaceful protests are a fallacy as riots, violence and destruction happen after every one of these gatherings.
We do it all the time we suck in their ideas.
What is this obsession that the brits have of adopting American ideas?
I notice a steady increase in this phenomena.
Trick o Treat
Babyshowers
Prom
We had none of this growing up in the UK we didn’t need it, but now kids are conditioned to embrace these things and they become part of our culture and just like Coca Cola these things are not necessarily good for us.

We do it all the time we suck in their ideas.
What is this obsession that the brits have of adopting American ideas?
I notice a steady increase in this phenomena.
Trick o Treat
Babyshowers
Prom
We had none of this growing up in the UK we didn’t need it, but now kids are conditioned to embrace these things and they become part of our culture and just like Coca Cola these things are not necessarily good for us.
Well we are the 51st state, apparently.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom