Do you think Morrissey-solo has a negative bias?

Do you think Morrissey-solo has a negative bias

• Total voters
I don't think this site is negative, but I do think that many people are interested in the 'bad news' stories and comment more on those. People get insulted and it all becomes very childish and nasty. This hate fuels itself. I think too many people waste time in this site reacting to a differing opinion. There should be no need to post 50 comments on one story. The insults that fly around, sometimes from moderators in response to anonymous attacks, are hard to take. Makes me think I should log off and go listen to World Peace instead. Also makes me wish 'anonymous' posts are not allowed. Most are spurious. Also: people are alarmist. I don't find the death threat posts that riveting and am sur it will all calm down eventually, despite the haters best efforts.

Don't bother responding to Smiler. From past experience he is someone who has already made up his mind that 2+2=5 and it's pointless to try and to reason with him.

You are afraid to engage with me because I tie you in knots. Much like I have with Viva in this thread. Why not answer my point davidt it doesn't seem unreasonable, I've made a suggestion to improve the site, you asked for examples and I provided examples. Here it is again for all to judge:

This is were the problem lies (or at least one of them). Let me walk you though it. Uncleskinny has a view on Morrissey (shared by you) that means he no longer "likes the man" - that is to say he is able to (apparently) separate the man from the music (although how he does that I'm not sure). Uncleskinny contributes a lot of articles that make the front page. He sometimes presents the articles with accompanying comments which reflect his personal views. His views are not shared with (or of interest to) everyone/anyone. To "not like the man" is negative. To allow several articles to be presented on the front page headed by or containing negative comments (not in the comments section but in the article main body itself) is to present a negative bias, maybe you didn't notice? I've provided you with several examples. Perhaps from now on you could remove the comments and just present the news? What do you think?

P.S did you see Viva's comment about Margaret Dale? - Are you okay with that appearing on your site?

Last edited:
Is that what you young-ins are are calling man-boobs these days?

Since I know that you prefer scientific proof and terms let us not lower ourselves to the white trash level of using the word or description "man boobs". The condition when males develop breast tissue is called gynecomastia. This condition should not be confused with men seeming to have breasts from being overweight. When men develop breasts from growing breast tissue it is not down to fat but actual tissue developing behind the nipple which can be felt when you examine them.

This condition can be fixed with an operation to the breasts and one famous person having done that is Ozzy Osbourne. The results vary but generally it is considered that the results are not that great aesthetically. Since this condition has been more known by the public more and more people confuse gynecomastia with someone being a bit overweight. Losing weight through running is still the best way to lose the male breasts as lifting weights can actually worsen the condition for those that suffer from it or make the appearance of breasts bigger for those that only suffer from it cause of being overweight.

If you suffer from gynecomastia you are likely to have visible breasts even when lying down on the back as is the same for most female breasts. Fat will mostly disappear if you lay down and flatten the breasts but if you suffer from gynecomastia the breast tissue will make sure that the breasts still "stay up" so to speak. Having lost 30 kilos since 2 years ago where I lost 20 kilo in one summer I know that male breasts from being overweight can be flattened out by losing weight but this is sadly not the case for those that suffer from gynecomastia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

Is that what you young-ins are are calling man-boobs these days?
hey, just thought I'd menton that I always feel left out when you talk about VH's man boobs :o I mean, I gots them too you know :straightface:
and on those few occassions when I have had the honor of getting to know one of the many lovely ladies of Chengdu, uhh, uhh
let's call it better :blushing:
its right then as I become shirtless, I am at my most vulnerable
at this point, I am wishing that like those who have come before her :guitar:
she will merely find the sight of me laughable, perhaps also adding a scream of saying:
"Er Nai Ren" which roughly translates to "man boobs" with the stress of the inflection adding either a quality of humor :lbf:
or one of a "cuteness" to be found in small rodents :confused:
these are far better then the sight of me causing her to leave :eek:
it has not happened yet and each time it does not, the dread diminishes a little more :)
but as long I've got these er nai ren* there is a chance that I could find a whole new way to be rejected :cool:

*= er is pronounced like the word "air" nai is pronounced like "nigh" & ren like the name of Stimpy's friend

The problem here is that you are not smart enough to keep track of your own argument even from sentence to sentence

I said earlier you were using Morrissey apparent behavior to justify your behavior (or the behavior of the site) If you think the behavior is wrong (in anyone) just don't do it.

Then you said I never said it was wrong and demanded I provide examples..... and yet here we are with....

Then you say

Yet moments later follow it up with

Your problem is you're too f***ing stupid to get that I'm not justifying anything I do based on Morrissey. f*** Morrissey.
I don't base my choices on what Morrissey does. I personally don't care either way whether this site as a whole decides to lick his balls clean or advocate that he be publicly murdered with a lawnmower driven by a chipmunk. It isn't MY site and I don't really give a f*** how David chooses to run it...and I especially don't give a f*** what Morrissey thinks about it. I can make up my own mind about how I feel regardless of whether someone chooses to use the phrasing "drops to #82" or whether the comment "thin gruel" was attached to a post or not or whether some detached, bitter old queen wears a t-shirt for an encore.

My point was, which you've completely missed (just like you miss the point in EVERY discussion you get into with ANYONE), is that Morrissey is a hypocrite because he can dish it out but not take it without whining like a little bitch...because he feels he can say whatever he wants about anyone, but no one can say anything negative about him, apparently without the threat of being banned from concerts for life or roughed up by security. Do I have a problem with him and what I perceive to be his character flaws? Absolutely. Do I think him having a negative opinion about nearly everything makes him wrong? No. It is his right. As it is mine and everyone else's to be critical of anything we damn well please. I don't think he's wrong to say "eating animals is the same as pedophilia"...it is his opinion and his right and I support that right. Of course, he's also a blithering idiot for saying that because it is the dumbest f***ing thing I've ever heard him say...and it honestly made me lose respect for him.

Projecting again......I can hardly be bothered responding to you because you stitch yourself up, its too easy.

Stitch up your asshole and choke on the shit, you stupid cocksucker. I'm done with you.

Your problem is you're too f***ing stupid to get that I'm not justifying anything I do based on Morrissey. f*** Morrissey.
I don't base my choices on what Morrissey does. I personally don't care either way whether this site as a whole decides to lick his balls clean or advocate that he be publicly murdered with a lawnmower driven by a chipmunk. It isn't MY site and I don't really give a f*** how David chooses to run it...and I especially don't give a f*** what Morrissey thinks about it. I can make up my own mind about how I feel regardless of whether someone chooses to use the phrasing "drops to #82" or whether the comment "thin gruel" was attached to a post or not or whether some detached, bitter old queen wears a t-shirt for an encore.

My point was, which you've completely missed (just like you miss the point in EVERY discussion you get into with ANYONE), is that Morrissey is a hypocrite because he can dish it out but not take it without whining like a little bitch...because he feels he can say whatever he wants about anyone, but no one can say anything negative about him, apparently without the threat of being banned from concerts for life or roughed up by security. Do I have a problem with him and what I perceive to be his character flaws? Absolutely. Do I think him having a negative opinion about nearly everything makes him wrong? No. It is his right. As it is mine and everyone else's to be critical of anything we damn well please. I don't think he's wrong to say "eating animals is the same as pedophilia"...it is his opinion and his right and I support that right. Of course, he's also a blithering idiot for saying that because it is the dumbest f***ing thing I've ever heard him say...and it honestly made me lose respect for him.

Stitch up your asshole and choke on the shit, you stupid cocksucker. I'm done with you.

crumbs Viva....

Here is the central part of the insane rant

"Morrissey is a hypocrite because he can dish it out but not take it"

Lets pretend this is true.

Its basically a circular argument isn't it. Morrissey deserves criticism because (wait for it) he can't take criticism.

I explained the pedophilia quote earlier did you miss it? Here it is again. You can follow the words with your finger if it helps you understand....

"Maybe he is challenging and provoking the public on a subject that is very close to his heart. Animals are being killed everyday and it breaks his heart. Pedophilia is in the news everyday in the UK its the current panic. Morrissey is drawing a parallel due to the cruelty, violence, inhumanity and abuse in both, its pretty obvious that's what he's getting at. It appears you can't think beyond "He said pedophilia is the same a meat! arrrrrgh no its not!!!! ones sex with kids and the others is dinner arrrrgh!!!" *disengage brain."

You see he's just a bloke Viva a sensitive lyrical poetic passionate artist but still just a bloke. Artist are often highly strung. He writes great songs, and gives a lot of joy. Give him a break.

Last edited:
crumbs Viva....

Here is the central part of the insane rant

"Morrissey is a hypocrite because he can dish it out but not take it"

Lets pretend this is true.

Its basically a circular argument isn't it. Morrissey deserves criticism because (wait for it) he can't take criticism.

I explained the pedophilia quote earlier did you miss it? Here it is again. You can follow the words with your finger if it helps you understand....

"Maybe he is challenging and provoking the public on a subject that is very close to his heart. Animals are being killed everyday and it breaks his heart. Pedophilia is in the news everyday in the UK its the current panic. Morrissey is drawing a parallel due to the cruelty, violence, inhumanity and abuse in both, its pretty obvious that's what he's getting at. It appears you can't think beyond "He said pedophilia is the same a meat! arrrrrgh no its not!!!! ones sex with kids and the others is dinner arrrrgh!!!" *disengage brain."

You see he's just a bloke Viva a sensitive lyrical poetic passionate artist but still just a bloke. Artist are often highly strung. He writes great songs, and gives a lot of joy. Give him a break.

tg;dr

Morrissey loves animals and hates humans (can we blame him?). And the older he gets, the more he appears to feel that way. He said eating animals is the same as paedophilia because, according to him, animals look up to us for protection just like children do but instead of protecting them, we exploit and murder them in a very cruel way. He likens abbatoirs to Auschwitz because for him they epitomize barbarism and the worst humans are capable of. Who knows? Maybe in a few centuries, humans will look back at abattoirs and meat eating as barbaric?
Apparently a lot of people turned vegetarians influenced by Morrissey and Meat is murder. He knows he can have an impact but has been clumsy about it, making comments that most cannot relate to. But I personally don't believe he does it to grab headlines as he's been alienating himself if anything. I'm sure he could find a lot of other ways to be in the news (e.g. collaborate with Lady Gaga or Lana del Rey; turn up at Glastonbury or Coachella with Kate Moss with matching wellies, ha! can you imagine?).
He reminds me of Brigitte Bardot, who also clearly prefers animals over men, and has been making shocking comments too. Although I disagree with some of the things they say, they do seem to have integrity to me (even if they are out of outch - fame does that to you apparently).

It would only take a small exodus for the quality of this site to improve a thousand fold. They know who they are :)

Supposedly these alleged negative headlines are all over the place but no one can give a single example. Strange.

Is it really so strange?

It would only take a small exodus for the quality of this site to improve a thousand fold. They know who they are :)

Yes you do, don't you

... and this turned into/became another stultified thread...

p.s. why apologize?

I agree, your departure would greatly improve everyone's mood.

Back
Top Bottom