Do you think Morrissey's band have to sign a secrecy contract?

butley

I sometimes wonder this. Very little bad stuff comes out about him from insiders. I think perhaps that he engenders a sense of loyalty maybe, even though he crosses a lot of people. Barely a peep out of Alain Whyte,Gary Day, Spencer Cobrin even Mike Joyce. They must have some tales to tell....

I don't think it can be applied to Mike Joyce because he was a member of Smiths and not only a musician which is pay to play.
But I beleive that when Alain, Gary, et alli sign some kinda of secrecy contract which not allow them to tell us something.

It can be seen in the lastest Boz in terview to Hot Press. The interviewer cracked a question about Morrissey's .polemic words and Boz said nothing

Or maybe, and I'm just putting this crazy idea out there, but perhaps they actually are good friends with Morrissey and don't want to gossip about him and ruin his image. Or an even crazier idea is that there is nothing to tell.

As for the interview with Boz and his response, it suggests not that he agrees with Morrissey's comments or disagrees, but that he respects Morrissey's and everyone else's right to freedom of speech, nothing more.

I sometimes wonder this. Very little bad stuff comes out about him from insiders. I think perhaps that he engenders a sense of loyalty maybe, even though he crosses a lot of people. Barely a peep out of Alain Whyte,Gary Day, Spencer Cobrin even Mike Joyce. They must have some tales to tell....

Yeah, otherwise we would know exactly what Morrissey is like away from publicity and fame. Johnny Marr is the only real person to give us details about Morrissey. I've yet to read James Maker's autobiography and work out what Morrissey was really like.

I seriously doubt they'd have signed anything legally binding. I mean let's face it, Morrissey spends half his life moaning about the legal profession & gets through managers faster than I get through a plate of chips. So who would even remember?

Maybe they haven't been quoted in the press because no-one actually cares what they have to say? They're just the hired help.

I seriously doubt they'd have signed anything legally binding. I mean let's face it, Morrissey spends half his life moaning about the legal profession & gets through managers faster than I get through a plate of chips. So who would even remember?

Maybe they haven't been quoted in the press because no-one actually cares what they have to say? They're just the hired help.

Agreed. It's a good question, but in reality it wouldn't work. People leave and do other things, and they speak when they need to, à la Stephen Street

Agreed. It's a good question, but in reality it wouldn't work. People leave and do other things, and they speak when they need to, à la Stephen Street

I worked at a company with, let's just say, access to a very high profile individual in the UK.
Part of my contract of employment was that I was unable to mention in public or anywhere any conversations that took place involving this individual or reveal details of his whereabouts / meetings etc etc. Upon handing in my notice I was to hand back information obtained through my employment in relation to the company.

Now I'm pretty sure had I kept info and then released it to the media, I could be charged with theft.... but talking about meetings I had or were privvy to conversations etc that took place in the past then they couldn't do a thing about it.

I worked at a company with, let's just say, access to a very high profile individual in the UK.
Part of my contract of employment was that I was unable to mention in public or anywhere any conversations that took place involving this individual or reveal details of his whereabouts / meetings etc etc. Upon handing in my notice I was to hand back information obtained through my employment in relation to the company.

Now I'm pretty sure had I kept info and then released it to the media, I could be charged with theft.... but talking about meetings I had or were privvy to conversations etc that took place in the past then they couldn't do a thing about it.

Cool story, bro.

I'd always assumed that a " commercial-in-confidence" -type contract existed as a basic protection against .... I don't know .... manipulation or image distortion ? I don't think Morrissey's life on the road/in studio is one of debauchery as such . Rather , the stipulation may just function as blinds in the window to be drawn at night i.e. there's nothing untoward going on but that is itself no one else's business ?

Back
Top Bottom