Does Morrissey allow non vegetarians into his band?

A

Anonymous

Are all band members required to be vegetarian? Not just on your, but all the time? What about vegan?

I seriously doubt at this point he’d pick a non veggie even if they agreed to not eat meat on tour

I imagine being vegetarian is an understood ultimatum for the band. And they seem to respect Morrissey enough not to be caught photographed sinking into a burger after the tour.

Boz is not a veggie (other than on tour), is he?

Even the road crew are forced to be vegetarian, as was evidenced by Andrew Winters' piece in The Times. The poor bloke wasn't even allowed meat on the plane out (by himself) to join the tour. Mind you that was 10 years ago, so he's probably worse now. Allegedly he even forbade staff at the recent Ally Pally gig from wearing any leather.

The band and crew are forbidden meat when they are anywhere near Morrissey - I'm not sure how he can possibly police their eating habits away from tour/recording situations, but I'm sure everyone is aware that if they are caught they will be getting the boot, so they are pretty circumscpect when they sneak into MacDonalds.

I don't know how accurate this was, as it came from an anonymous post, but they did write this:

I met Jesse and Gustavo last May [2012] in Hawaii between the Maui and Honolulu shows. Gustavo told me about how the whole band along with Moz and KY toured the island of Maui the day before and how he ate the most amazing sea food. I asked if Morrissey gave him grief for eating fish and he said "no, he doesn't say a word, he just won't pay for it."

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...s-keen-sense-of-smell.127505/#post-1986768698

However, even if this anecdote is true, I doubt seriously that Moz would be so tolerant now. He seems much more hard line these days!

Last edited:
I don't know how accurate this was, as it came from an anonymous post, but they did write this:

I met Jesse and Gustavo last May [2012] in Hawaii between the Maui and Honolulu shows. Gustavo told me about how the whole band along with Moz and KY toured the island of Maui the day before and how he ate the most amazing sea food. I asked if Morrissey gave him grief for eating fish and he said "no, he doesn't say a word, he just won't pay for it."

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...s-keen-sense-of-smell.127505/#post-1986768698

However, even if this anecdote is true, I doubt seriously that Moz would be so tolerant now. He seems much more hard line these days!

Have a look at this.

orrissey Technical Rider - Summer 2016
Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Aug 27, 2016.

By davidt on Aug 27, 2016 at 11:21 PM

1. Images from an anonymous person (UPDATE Aug. 28 - these images are excerpts from the technical rider, not the full rider):

39049_IMG_9184.jpg

Best wishes Benny-the-British-Butcher:greatbritain::knife:

Have a look at this.

1. Images from an anonymous person (UPDATE Aug. 28 - these images are excerpts from the technical rider, not the full rider):

39049_IMG_9184.jpg

Wasn't this a year after he went on Larry King, waving his shoe around and claiming to be vegan?

I can't imagine anyone on the planet has a more demanding rider, proper diva material.

It would explain him only attending at the big arena places of late, no small venues would be dealing with that f***er.

Must be tough for the band. Not being allowed to eat meat while touring the world, getting paid to play music. Don't know how they do it.

Is it that demanding? Pancakes, fruit, bread, eggs, spring water etc. Damon is the gluten-free one, right?

Is it that demanding? Pancakes, fruit, bread, eggs, spring water etc. Damon is the gluten-free one, right?

One thing is for sure though ! It ain't 4kin vegan is it ? :tiphat:

The pleasure and the privilege is mine, Steve is a 4kin Crank.

Benny-the-British-Butcher:greatbritain::knife:

The cheese in your mouth as you savour the flavour of MURDER ! Oh but do you care ? Do you care ? Do you care ? :brows:
I WAVE MY PRIVATE PARTS AT YOU STEVEN :rofl:

No it’s not at all. Now he’s doing arenas because the small clubs were not have him sheesh

Have a look at this.

39049_IMG_9184.jpg

Thanks for posting those. Riders are always so interesting. Looks reasonable to me for a decent size group of veg eating people. Wonder who all the gum is for.

Must be tough for the band. Not being allowed to eat meat while touring the world, getting paid to play music. Don't know how they do it.

I suppose that would be why nutrition would be so important. The foods I saw listed in the rider would allow someone what the need for a high energy performance.

Thanks for posting those. Riders are always so interesting. Looks reasonable to me for a decent size group of veg eating people. Wonder who all the gum is for.

I cannot take any credit I just re posted it from a previous debate.
But thanks anyway :thumb:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

One thing is for sure though ! It ain't 4kin vegan is it ? :tiphat:]

The first page specifies that they aren't a vegan tour, but of course it was two years ago. Perhaps Morrissey became vegan very recently - I can't remember him mentioning anything about it before the last 12 months or so.

Back
Top Bottom