Dog on a Chain review - Classic Pop (3.5 stars out of 5)

Gist of the review is it's his best album for some time.
Some great songs with interesting arrangements but quite a few are let down by duff lyrics.
Ends the review somewhat amusingly with the phrase, 'walkies!'.

(Note: See comments for scan by Famous when dead).

Last edited by a moderator:
So, using maffs, that's 7/10, 70/100, 700/1,000, 7,000/10,000, 70,000/100,000 and my favourite, 700,000/1,000,000.

Any links to the review?

Nope, I doubt they will put the review online until the magazine's been out for a couple of weeks. It's in all WHSmiths today if you're based in he UK.

Just post a pic of the review if you have the mag.

Just post a pic of the review if you have the mag.
I don't have the mag - just had a quick flick through in the shop. Another thing I remember, is that Morrissey mentions trombones and glockenspiels in the secret of music.

Interested to see NME and The Guardian's spin amongst these very positive reviews.
Anyone know when Q magazine and Uncut come out?
So far we have 3 reviews.
9/10
8/10
7/10

2020-02-27 14.22.33.png

2020-02-27 14.23.05.png

Regards,
FWD.

(Perhaps this site could get some credit when the images of this review are hoovered up and shared on Facebook - like the recent transcription didn't get?).

View attachment 54698
View attachment 54699
Regards,
FWD.

(Perhaps this site could get some credit when the images of this review are hoovered up and shared on Facebook - like the recent transcription didn't get?).

This changes everything! That's 3.5 stars out of 4. So, beep beep beep, beep beep boop that makes 87.5/100.

Or, 875/1,000, 8,750/10,000, 87,500/100,000, or, my favourite, 875,000/1,000,000.

So, please change the thread title to, Classic Pop gave Dog Chain 875,000/1,000,000. :)

Have to admit, "Few, anyway, would claim he's on a leash..." made me laugh.

Walkies is a god awful joke linking the album's listenability to taking** a dog for a walk, & being spiteful & mad at the media isn't lost in another era - it's bang on the zeitgeist.

But still - another good review. They clearly don't want to kill him off, even if he has become Even More peculiar.

**someone could have mentioned my spelling mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clueless in the U.S.: 1. What does "walkies!" mean? (Here in the US, the first thing that comes to mind is "walkie talkie.") 2. What is the significance of Alf Garnett? (The wiki page on him didn't help me.)

Clueless in the U.S.: 1. What does "walkies!" mean? (Here in the US, the first thing that comes to mind is "walkie talkie.") 2. What is the significance of Alf Garnett? (The wiki page on him didn't help me.)

In the UK people tend to yell 'walkies' to tell their dog it's time for a walk.

Alf Garnett was a right-wing character in a UK sitcom (started in the 1960s, I think), it was remade in the USA as All In The Family & Alf was renamed Archie Bunker.

In the UK people tend to yell 'walkies' to tell their dog it's time for a walk.

Alf Garnett was a right-wing character in a UK sitcom (started in the 1960s, I think), it was remade in the USA as All In The Family & Alf was renamed Archie Bunker.
Thank you! They both makes sense now ... unfortunately.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom