Dont go for National Front Disco in download poll(+ how many downloads you'll need)

mccannalex

Seriously,

* Look at the frontcover of papers this week with the racism in Celeb Big Brother House...the media would relish an opportunity like this as you know it wont take the Mirror or Sun long to start another linching

* Not many of the music mags would get behind backing a song called "National Front Disco" even if they looked into the actual lyrics

* A song like Meat Is Murder would have the backing of Vegetarian Society, animal cruelty etc

* And how many downloads you'll need to get a Top 40 position. Koopa, that unsigned band who got in the charts, had just over 4000 downloads to get to Number 31 in a very quiet week

Alex

Re: Dont go for National Front Disco in download poll(+ how many downloads you'll nee

* Not many of the music mags would get behind backing a song called "National Front Disco" even if they looked into the actual lyrics

I think you're right. But why? Why do people think that a song called "National Front Disco" isn't taking the piss? The first thing I thought of when I saw the song title in the NME pre-"Your Arsenal" was Camper Van Beethoven's "Take The Skinheads Bowling".

Re: Dont go for National Front Disco in download poll(+ how many downloads you'll nee

I was thinking the same when I took a look at the votings so far. But then again it's democracy...
Besides: "The never-played symphonies" would be a good pick because... well, you know what I mean. It's funny.

How do I view the album charts and how do I download, although I have all of his songs? What is wrong with National Front Disco? It's obviously a mockery of the National Front, too many politically correct parasites about.

If people can't think for themselves then that's their problem, and i'd rather that type of ignoramus didn't listen to Morrissey. The reason i went for it is because it acknowledges the intelligence, the self assurance and the capacity of Morrissey to stir up debate. Anyone with half a brain will be able to see it's anti-racist, if anything, and moreover getting that song out there is one in the eye for those who think Morrissey's music is depressing; 'National Front Disco' rocks (for want of a better expression).

However, it'd be worthwhile submitting the idea to True To You to get a response from Morrissey first. i.e. is he strong enough to cope with any vilification like the kind he received the first time around? I think he is, because the the one media outlet that won't be hanging him out to dry will be the music press, and that's mainly what matters to him.

Back
Top Bottom